The Worst State of WoW PvP Ever IMO

This is mainly concerning PvP since it has such a big impact on it and how fast you can get started.

So, in the past, I was happy to take a few months break to then return where I could easily get back into the swing of a PvP season within about a week. Now, as many people know, it takes months and months to get the best essences, cape rank, PvE gear farm before it’s even worth bothering.

Now you could argue, well, “I’ve done all the hard work so why shouldn’t you”, which is fair. However, with that said, in the past, it would have never required that amount of work to get started in arena or battlegrounds anyway.

PvP has always been a very accessible mode of the game where you could dive in and still have a big impact. Now with the introduction of so much time gating, not to mention the corruption mess, it means for a good few months you’re essentially on the back foot.

I’m at 120 on my priest (in arena) getting 2 shot basically, which isn’t really very fun. I’m not very interested in grinding for 3 months just so I can do some arena, it’s just not very interesting because it requires not doing PvP to achieve the things I need.

TL:DR

Please, please, for the love of everything unholy…

Please separate PvP from PvE in the future. I don’t like spending months on end doing quests, RP, weird game modes (visions), mythic+, etc just so I can have a bit bash in the arena or battlegrounds for that matter.

Please also stop with the gimmicks like corruption, especially if they are capable of doing dumb stuff like 2 shotting in arena. Again it’s very stupid, to put it bluntly.

Thanks.

11 Likes

Quick google search would answer to most of your questions.

2 Likes

Thanks bro, I just need Blizzard to know how stupid this is mainly.

I am so close to getting The Bloodthirsty achievement which I’ve wanted for a very long time and I reached 466 and thought that would have been OK for PvP - I got rekt:(

Going back to derping around on low levels to get the HKs lol

One of the problems I see is the pig headed attitude of the devs of trying to force PvE players to PvP and making PvP players PvE.

They probably look at their metrics and data and think PvP must be doing fine because so many players are running about with PvP enabled. Never mind the fact that a lot of them have no interest in PvP but only want the WM bonus.

1 Like

460+ is fine for casual PvP imo.
At least i dont have severe problems.

1 Like

If your planning on having any fun as BM you practically need to stack versatility. I’m talking about 30% as a minimum.

1 Like

I started playing this game @WoD, considering that ive always played PVP in all MMO’s i usedto play when i realized how RM-X works in this game felt zero need to be apart of it.

I know the answer “RMX” is not the problem is coming but from what i see, noboday cares about pvp in this game.

Considering that mages+rogs have the best burst + spamable ccs + best defensives im not going to even bother playing this RMX game inside arenas.

Hopefully 1 day when they fix this hillarious comp, i might consider wasting my time inside arenas

Gotta say I agree with this. I like character progression but the sheer amount of dailies and stuff you have to do just to avoid falling behind is ridiculous. Forcing players to clear the same daily content all the time breeds resentment to an extent.

Letting players reasonably attain their bis gear is not necessarily a bad thing. People will still log on for BGs/Arena/RP/guild events/farm consumes etc. They will be having fun doing social stuff in game and won’t unsub just because you didn’t make them farm their 176th solo clear vision to get another socket for fear of falling behind on the gear treadmill.

1 Like

In terms of PVP, WoD was like this for PVP players yet all playerbase whined they have nothing to do.

Legion came, blizzard found the trick to keep players occupied forever. BFA was a bad extension of it although i could suffer BFA when i had to quit legion.

pvp moment suck rbg so dead i hate it so fun

i wholeheartedly agree with all you said TS but it seems the game designer is very obtuse and uncarring: play like he decide we will play and no it’s not gonna happen not to me.

No complain, i simply agree with you and state it.

So until his mind open(tuff luck with that better play the euromillion! ) there is still low level pvp, classic, other games, rp and thanks goodness.

The only thing i don’t like in the OP is the typical “PvP vs PvE” mindset…“us vs them”…“PvE sucks!”. Please leave that out. It has NOTHING to do with that.

Somebody who wants to start into PvE right now does not have it any better at all. Many players would argue that PvP essences being BIS for a lot of PvE specs was great fun, too.

Just sayin.

Everything else in the OP is true. I can understand that somebody interested in rated PvP feels it even harder since this type of content is SUPPOSED to be season-based…so it seems strange that you cannot realistically partake in a season if you do not come back MONTHS early.

The system simply sucks. For everybody. It even sucks for existing players who did not take a break. I dare to say there is almost nobody who enjoys still collecting vessels and hoarding echoes in case Blizzard nerfs their corruptions next.

Top that off with boring classes, dead raiding, fanfiction-level lore and the worst replayability of any expansion i can remember…and you got yourself a real champion.

1 Like

Oh! Didn’t actually know that :slight_smile: I’ll give it a try!

In my opinion the real problem with PvP is the gargantuan barrier to entry for completely new players. Everyone only wants to play with people better than them constantly, and every group demands prerequisite rating.

There NEEDS to be a solo queue option for 2v2 arena and RBG.

WoW PvP is literally the only PvP game on the market right now without a solo queue option.

think one reason for this is, that a lot of pvp players complained they got rekt in world pvp buy raiders, so Blizzard tried to make everyone to get the best gear from one place only, what made it so pvp players instead suffer in bgs against raiders now.
but when you where able to get good gear from pvp, well gear that was good pvp, pve players complained people joined raids in full pvp gear again, what also was a problem

only way to correct this is, is to make a pvp tab, for pvp gear that can only be used in battlegrounds, and you automaticly switch to that gear when you enter one, world pvp well doubt many cares what happens there.

The whole PvP/PvE problem is so easily solvable.

Bring back PvP resilience and power back on gear sold by vendors using currency earned by competing in PvP.

It’s a novel idea and Blizz should have thought of it before…
Wait… they did and for some ludicrous reason they binned it for the crapshow we have now.

3 Likes

Imo PvP is now in its best state ever throughout the entirety of BFA.

if they are going to allow high end gear in random/world pvp, then they ought to really allow low end gear in high end pve…fair?

Yes, entry threshold is very hight in this patch. You need to farm a lot to be +/- eual to others and don’t be a trash. If u are late at race “donkey and carrot” deal with it and w8 SL. And even if u start to farm right now pre-patch will start as soon as u finally will be ready to play.