The Worst State of WoW PvP Ever IMO

pvp moment suck rbg so dead i hate it so fun

i wholeheartedly agree with all you said TS but it seems the game designer is very obtuse and uncarring: play like he decide we will play and no it’s not gonna happen not to me.

No complain, i simply agree with you and state it.

So until his mind open(tuff luck with that better play the euromillion! ) there is still low level pvp, classic, other games, rp and thanks goodness.

The only thing i don’t like in the OP is the typical “PvP vs PvE” mindset…“us vs them”…“PvE sucks!”. Please leave that out. It has NOTHING to do with that.

Somebody who wants to start into PvE right now does not have it any better at all. Many players would argue that PvP essences being BIS for a lot of PvE specs was great fun, too.

Just sayin.

Everything else in the OP is true. I can understand that somebody interested in rated PvP feels it even harder since this type of content is SUPPOSED to be season-based…so it seems strange that you cannot realistically partake in a season if you do not come back MONTHS early.

The system simply sucks. For everybody. It even sucks for existing players who did not take a break. I dare to say there is almost nobody who enjoys still collecting vessels and hoarding echoes in case Blizzard nerfs their corruptions next.

Top that off with boring classes, dead raiding, fanfiction-level lore and the worst replayability of any expansion i can remember…and you got yourself a real champion.

1 Like

Oh! Didn’t actually know that :slight_smile: I’ll give it a try!

In my opinion the real problem with PvP is the gargantuan barrier to entry for completely new players. Everyone only wants to play with people better than them constantly, and every group demands prerequisite rating.

There NEEDS to be a solo queue option for 2v2 arena and RBG.

WoW PvP is literally the only PvP game on the market right now without a solo queue option.

think one reason for this is, that a lot of pvp players complained they got rekt in world pvp buy raiders, so Blizzard tried to make everyone to get the best gear from one place only, what made it so pvp players instead suffer in bgs against raiders now.
but when you where able to get good gear from pvp, well gear that was good pvp, pve players complained people joined raids in full pvp gear again, what also was a problem

only way to correct this is, is to make a pvp tab, for pvp gear that can only be used in battlegrounds, and you automaticly switch to that gear when you enter one, world pvp well doubt many cares what happens there.

The whole PvP/PvE problem is so easily solvable.

Bring back PvP resilience and power back on gear sold by vendors using currency earned by competing in PvP.

It’s a novel idea and Blizz should have thought of it before…
Wait… they did and for some ludicrous reason they binned it for the crapshow we have now.

3 Likes

Imo PvP is now in its best state ever throughout the entirety of BFA.

if they are going to allow high end gear in random/world pvp, then they ought to really allow low end gear in high end pve…fair?

Yes, entry threshold is very hight in this patch. You need to farm a lot to be +/- eual to others and don’t be a trash. If u are late at race “donkey and carrot” deal with it and w8 SL. And even if u start to farm right now pre-patch will start as soon as u finally will be ready to play.

people say that it’s always been a grind, bs, it’s never been this bad, you can’t tell me that it’s just as easy now to stay on top of your main let alone your alts, a legendary each xpac, well now there’s two, enough…
tell the tick to stop pushing the addiction.

Switch to 2v2s, then! No RMX.

Just RM then? rofl

At least it’s more bearable. They’re squishy and unless you’re 100% playing their game and letting them reset every time, they’ll run out of defensive stuff before your team does. Low-rated RMs don’t tend to be much of a danger if your partner has ever heard of CC and you don’t overlap defensives.

Its still the most disgusting duo ingame.

As said… YOu cant have all the cc’s burst and best defensives ingame and that to be considered balanced and OK for like 10 years now?
Really nothing id waste my time on unless ill go rogue/mage main that sadly i dont see since im mostly healing!

In 3s, sure. In 2s, they are not all that dangerous due to squishyness. Destruction warlock+healer, on the other hand… that hurts. :frowning:

It should, RM dominated arenas for endless years now.
Let someone else do so without all the whiners whining about them while they just accept the fact how RM works

There’s probably something in that… when I tell people that I play 2s and that I also don’t play RM, they often are surprised. It’s almost as if it was considered THE comp mages are allowed to play in 2v2s.

My negative thing towards their PVP thing is rather towards WPVP. It is utterly garbage. As PVP player, I turned my WM OFF and I am not interested changing it, because it is not enjoyable (doesn’t matter what end you are) and it’s just big waste of time.

If that’s so then Blizzard have failed. To get the best PvE gear you need to PvP, to get the best PvP gear you need to PvE.

What’s needed is PvP gear that is obtained by doing PvP and PvE gear that’s obtained by doing PvE, it’s not rocket science but apparently it’s beyond the capabilities of the current dev team.