There is this website "Data of Azeroth"

It shows world rankings for collectors and achievement hunters. Someon told me I qualified for the ladder (Top 4k world) but I’m actually… like… do you know there is quite a lot of people who gained over 46100 achievement points? To put this into perspective - the leader on the list has 46250 points which is… 99,8% of all achievements. Like… ok, i’ts ofc “impressive” but… HOW ON EARTH?
Some of the achievements require… A LOT of time. Grind. Camping and just “trying your luck”.
I believe he had to buy current expac mythic boosts or something but like.
Like… how can you be top in arena, top in mythi raiding, top in collecting… how do you find time for ALL of this?
There are certain achievements that would take so much of your game time that you would just fall behind with literally everything else. And dude is 16th in the world with FoS so he is “Completing” all the hero, pvp etc fos… The site even shows that all levels on his alts sum up to almost… 8000 :smiley:
Just trying to wrap my head around it. It’s not just one guy… A lot of those guys at the top of the lists “have no life” the way the guy had no life in South Park.
Again - some of the achieves are like… VERY time consuming, alirhgt. at least pvp ones in BGs… xD
I’d like to know how much time these people spend on all those achievements.
Yes, I have a lot of achievements but… mostly those “Rather easy”… If I wanted to elevate my levels, that would require a lot of farming and grinding.
Like - the achiev collecting drake mounts… I’m missing just one but it’s a blazing drake. To get it, I’d need to spend hours farming Dragon Soul on alts - people report hundreds of kills with not drop so gl with that haha. I’m far from “100 wins” in most bgs either
And certain BG achievements would either require insane luck or having a premade working for me helping me get it. Like, try getting “return 5 flags in WSG”… pugs barely can kill flag carriers and now click the flag before any random guy XD
the list of “problematic” and pretty insane achievements is long. I will never complete “Win 5000 pvp pet battles”. Which is ofc doable by “grind” but also… toxic, annoying and just boring.
Then we have idiotic time/gold sink achievements like crafting all engineering goggles - some recipes are super rare drops that go for A LOT of gold on ah - gl with that too.
And ofc the “bigger bag” achievements - thsoe who completed them probably can tell me the amount of grind/farm/camp they did for them.

Point of the post? I’m just shocked and expressing it. I shoulda expected hardcore completionist get there but since achievements are so vast and different and people mostly stick to one game mode and “hardcore collectors” arent usually good at endgame, I didn’t think so many people reach the max achievement completion.

And don’t get me started on people having “most mogs” collected etc etc…

I don’t think this is healthy lol

Plenty of excellent PvE’ers are very good at PvP too… sadly I’m not one of them because I hate PvP in an RPG. :frowning:

1 Like

but then you aren’t a collector usually :smiley:

People have been playing for a long time and enjoy completing tasks maybe? You do get a lot of achievements just by playing the game

When they interviewed Xirev, for having all achivements in 2020, he said he started in Cata and had around 1100 days /played.

But yeah, it’s crazy.
I enjoy achievements and collecting but I doubt I Will ever get all of them :yum:

Or the answer might be that all of us are completionists and addicted to a video game…

2 Likes

Its no secret some people have an unhealthy obsession with wow (and other games). For some ppl wow is close to all they do from they get up until they go to bed. And i do think some of the more hardcore collectors at times also buy boosts or achiev what they want in other means.

2 Likes

Total sum of all my achievements is 33500. I have been playing the game for 15 years so it all is accumulative. You also need to remember that we used have up to 6 - 8 months between expansions and loads of downtime. This is when most players go and complete unfinished achievements. At least that is what I did.

Can you obtain an account, link it to your own account, and get shared in the achievements that are on the new one?

nope, afaik.

I think you can. Some achievements can span across multiple accounts. I got “Re Re Re Reknown” achievement across two accounts yesterday. Blizzard allows accounts to be merged.

but only if it’s an account for your name - you can’t buy and merge someone else’s account.

Actually, the article you linked: Combine Battle.net Accounts

Updated: 6 months ago

Article ID: 2627

Common Problems

* Put all games on one Battle.net Account

• Want one login instead of multiple logins
  • Merge two accounts together

“You cannot merge multiple Battle.net accounts, merge multiple copies of a game into a single game account, or move games from one Battle.net account to another. Customer Support will not assist with bypassing these restrictions.”

1 Like

Not quite true, you pretty much only farm new stuff when you have all from previous expansions, And the mount, transmog, competion score etc, People only do when they are either hardcore of that part or there is nothing more to do. Also lot of stuff was easier in the past for example, Some achievements now are night-impossible but were super easy and fast when current content- For example nemessis kills in ashran and such. Also Lot of achievements are symbiotic/synergistic, so lets say you go for 500 honor lvl and you miss BGs achievs, you grind Bg and honor level at the same time. And achievements like 5000pvp wins in pet battles you all get it wrong, Its easy to do actualy with right aproach, i did it by doing 50 wins/day and got it eventualy, I doubt anyone actualy 24/7 no lifed that particular achievement as It would make you loose your mind. Also way i grinded honor levels for example was 1/1,5 honor level/day as i started BFA with only Around 290 honor level. You have to have right aproach and stick to it. And you can also prepare for some achievements, good example were proffesions ones they added quite recently, you could essentialy prepare and get eveything almost the day you loged in after patch.

1 Like

People buy the achievements.

Its just an obsession with them to tick the box rather than ‘earn’ it in the way intended.

It is pretty degenerate / OCD but the world has all types i suppose.

To be fair I’m on 4800 without trying (didn’t even know it was an achievement). But some people like to do achievements as it’s their idea of fun and something to complete. And, to be fair, you have over 40k achievement points so not that far from ‘completion’.

What isn’t fun are achievements like the one I completed yesterday - use the cleat thing 50 times in climbing quests. To me there’s no point in that and, the final straw, it wasn’t account wide.

I love Data for Azeroth, great fun site.

https://www.dataforazeroth.com/characters/eu/Draenor/Punyelf

In game collecting wise ‘All the Things’ is quite good too but I only tend to turn it on when I need it specifically otherwise it trying to scan all the time gets super annoying.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/all-the-things

Of course collecting isn’t limited to one type of player. You can play at any level and still enjoy collecting. It’s going to be a lot easier to collect more things if you are a high end player taking part in all the pillars of the game.

The thing with collecting is for the most part you can just do it whenever you feel like it. So it’s not something you have to do all the time. Only time limited rewards are time sensitive, the rest you can do whenever.

Achievement’s are all about ownership imo. It is Blizzard’s way to trying to con people that their account is something of value. The most important thing in this game is the people you meet. I have lost count of the amount of times I have dropped WoW. The account does not mean that much to me. It is the people I played alongside for many years that brings me back. Blizzard should really focus more in that area rather than asking you to kill a boss sucking your thumb or whatever.

Before my old vanilla account from 2005 was hacked and permanently banned in 2020, I had roughly only 1/3 of all achievements completed. And I did most PvE Glory achievements for example when they were current content, though I almost never played PvP.

You’d think that someone like me would’ve completed everything in the game, but the truth is I mostly got my achievements just by playing, especially what I only really want to play.

Damn I’m higher ranked in the honorable kills department than I expected to be

most people call themselves collectors to farm achievement points just to show off, not because they enjoy any of the things theyre doing - and yeah sometimes it is shocking just how far people will go for something completely irrelevant

oh noes i hate this activity but i MUST do it… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Guess what area of the game I don’t enjoy :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

Seen that guy in an article on Cracked years ago.
He multiboxed to the top