They are adding... Classic achievements?

Looks like the new Classic build has some changes in the… achievement system?

There is no achievement UI in Classic, but I can imagine it being only for armory purposes or account-wide shared with retail characters, so you can see your Classic achievements when logged in on retail. For most people it won’t be a big deal, but guess it’ll greatly annoy the achievement points hoarders.

Possibly a 9.1 feature.

Apparently, the new achievements are coming into the “Feats of Strength” and “Classic” categories.

Could you post a link to the source? Sounds interesting :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds pretty bad in my opinion.

I know it’ll annoy me if it actually happens.

Haha, content draught in retail, let’s make the players grind classic instead. Keep the subs rolling.

7 Likes

I loved how they first stated it would be seperate and nothing you do on classic will ever be brought into retail…

8 Likes

They also said no changes and then added sharding.

4 Likes

they also say they care about people while not giving af , i think we can go on and on xd

2 Likes

A certain bald streamer will go ape if this is true :popcorn:

4 Likes

If that’s their style they’ll go mad whatever blizzard does.

Those streamer are the same as tabloids. Fake rage, get mullah.

4 Likes

To be fair, he has stated since Classic was even suggested as an idea he did not want achievements in the game. Not everything is ‘fake’ rage, some of it is real annoyance at something they are invested in.

Also as a streamer, it is their ‘job’ to entertain, some do it with amazing game play, some being funny, edgy, angry and some with body parts hanging out :slight_smile:

Smelling like a classic vs retail thread.

5 Likes

Seem to be a lot popping up these days!

1 Like

Not really, I don’t play classic and never will but I do know that people seem to not want achievements in game (if that is what the original had) . I reckon retail would be better of without them (or them being given out at the end of a tier so the ‘show curve’ nonsense doesn’t happen.) Achievements are not the problem, people are but that is a different thread.

If they added transmogs also I’d perhaps consider it…

Classic Build for Classic Vanilla or Classic TBC? If its for TBC then its not surprising given it arrived with the wotlk pre patch so they could very well already put in there for the time when they launch wotlk classic.

I know there is an addon that allows you to gather achievements in Classic.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/classic-achievements

And here comes Puny ruining the “genuine vanilla experience”.

1 Like

I didn’t make the addon, I’m just aware it exist :frowning:

Right, you mean to tell us you’re not responsible for everything that’s bad in the world?

Nice try.

5 Likes

Maybe it’s getting ready for TBC Classic?