Things that are wrong with world of warcraft

Ive played WoW for 13 years with breaks ofc. And everytime i come back to the game i keep telling myself that the game has improved, and it does kinda in many ways but in other ways quite the opposite aswell. Blizzard promise things in interviews that would make the game better, but its mostly empty words for them to sell us their product. This for example “Shadowlands will be an alt friendly expansion” - Its most definatly is not.
Levling is fast ye ok, But thats not enough to call it “alt friendly” currencys such as soul ashe, stygia and higher ilvl gear takes months to get.
And repeating covanent campaigns that youve already done. If u wanna play alts u are forced too repeat this content. For many people having alts is whats keeping them from not quitting the game, because u easily get bored from playing 1 spec for a long time. And if alts are to become funny and not a pain we need tools to SKIP the boring stuff, a way to get more into the funnier parts. For me this is about feeling my character making progress. What i come to realize is that having a weekly cap on certain content is quite the opposite of this. Spending time to progress while being rewarded is fun, Being powerful because u spent time is fun. Having previlage on ur mains and alts because u have spent time is fun.
Here is a heads up - Does anyone actually feel like ur character is progressing when ur doing torghast? Can u feel the progression? After 5 weeks i guess when ur leggo is max rank.
Oh and if u want another leggo for ur offspecc thats another 5 weeks cool.
Why is there even a weekly cap for torghast? Why im i not allowed to farm 100 torghast runs in a row so i can craft every single legendary i want for my class and specs?
In what universe is this system beneficial for anyone? You can clearly figure out whats going on. It is to keep you subscribed for a longer period of time.
In BFA i realized that blizzard were adding these weird systems like, heart of azeroth, essences not being account wide while taking several months to unlock, the corruption vendor with a eight week rotation for each classes bis upgrades like come on… Timegating unecessary things simply to delay content is not cool. The content itself isnt necessarily bad and thats why there still are some people left playing the game, but the timegating is horrible.
If WoW would become a free to play game i wouldnt mind any of these things ive pointed out above because it would simply be free. I would honestly feel very relaxed and not pressured into doing all the “musts” before reset, just being able to close the game whenever u want without concerning about the money. Not that the money itself is a problem ive subbed for 13 years, Its more about getting the value from the money ur putting into the game.

There was a time in all of this were every piece of gear mattered, and every decision on what button to press made a difference and there was always something to do (content).
Good content is sure as hell worth a monthly fee, but the game im seeing infront of me now is totally different. Its lacking content, content not being rewarding enough, things are timegated for the wrong reasons. The game has went from “i take ur money but atleast ur having fun” to “i steal ur money and time”.
If blizzard arent willing to pump out new dungeons, raids, zones and seaons more frequently to satisfy their customers they should concider making the game free to play. (i dont care about wow tokens). And also find other ways to finance their game then a monthly fee that leaves unsatisfied customers.
Or just watch the ship keep sinking and with that being said we do have a big problem. New content = cost alot of money and WoWs playerbase = negative. So im not surprised when im looking at our product and im being dissapointed. Subs dipping, and content draught goes hand in hand.
I honestly think that making the game free, and listening more to the playerbase feedback can drive the game into a better direction.
And i can see that a potenially free world of warcraft would need a way bigger store for mounts / cosmetics / skins / other random features like whatever u can imagine to keep the game going.
But i wouldnt mind any of these things since were already so far down the road.

This is my thoughts about the game and i think many people agree with me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.