Thing(s) you look forward to the most in TBC Classic

Wanted to make a positive thread because after 2 years of asking for TBC- classic, we now got it and people can’t stop making whine-threads.

So the goal here is to make a thread without all that and just talk about the stuff you look forward to the most, and why.

For me:

• The zones: I adore them. They are amazing, filled with stuff to explore and the music, just wow, the music is absolutely stunning and gives a great feel to the zones.

• The raiding: in particular phase 1 will be an amazing nostalgia trip for me with Kara and Gruul. Since I started out in TBC back then those two were the only ones I actually did, the rest of the raids will be a new experience for me.

• Getting my epic flying mount. Back in TBC I was super poor so I only had the 60% one but now I’ll be able to afford epic flying.

Please share yours!

8 Likes

Alliance Shaman!

I’m pretty sure this will turn into a whine thread.

Edit: I’m going to level one off peak as during busy times the Bloodmyst Isle will be packed.

1 Like

ARENA - legitimate PvP without the random variance of some people having world buffs and consumes, engineering, etc
Smaller raid sizes - as epic as 40 mans can be, you do feel less important in 40 mans, not to mention logistics issues
New end game zones - personally, I’m not very fond of most end game zones in Classic, where you will spend a lot of your time, such as the plaguelands, felwood, etc. Having new zones to be in will be awesome.

5 Likes

I agree. People can easily hide being afk or just doing less in a 40 man raid, but in 25- mans you need every player be on their A-game, especially in TK and onward.

Same boat here. Even if I didn’t quest in Shadowmoon back in the day, I very much like the atmosphere of the zone. For some reason I always picked Netherstorm to ding 70. The classic end game zones feel bland in comparison.

Same as you my friend. For me, the zones, lore and music are amazing and very immersive to me. TBC is by far my favorite expansion. Nothing comes near it. I’m not even going to follow the current meta and blast my way through content in a couple of days.

I’ll go to a nice pve serve and play as a ret paladin, take it slow, level at my own pace, read the quests, explore the zones, and have a good time. Terrokar is the best zone in my eyes. You have arakkoa, auchindoun and its creepy past and looks, Shattrath, the orcs.

Second best zone is Hellfire Peninsula. I know that many don’t like it, but for a lore nerd such as me, I absolutely love it, and it also gives a diablo 2 vibe. Very close to Hellfire is Nagrand. I’d say 1st place is Terrokar and second are Hellfire and Nagrand.

The least liked is Netherstorm though. I don’t hate it, but I like the other zones much more.

I just hope they release the prepatch soon.

3 Likes

That’s was the worst part of TBC for me. Unlike Azeroth, it never felt nice in Outland.
Arenas was nice.
The best part, was playing with my buddies. Because in Vanilla I played alone.

Getting to farm Timbermaw rep in Winterspring in peace.

Running a L1 Draenei Mage to Northshire Abbey.

Making several other temporary L1 Draenei Mages and mailing their starting robes to some of my alts.

Levelling my new Draenei Mage from 1-60

Hopefully this will take a few months, by which time the crowds of tourists will be gone from Hellfire Peninsula, and so I’ll actually start playing some Outland content.

All the amazing quests from 60-70, and beyond.

Seeing Zangarmarsh once again.

Seeing Nagrand once again.

Running dungeons with my guild and friends.

Doing the Netherwing dailys.

Actually getting my awesome Netherdrake.

Farming like crazy for the mats to make the Ebon Netherscale armor set. In 2007 this took roughly three months, and I expect no less from TBC Classic.

Starting to take an interest in BGs once again.

Making inroads into Kharazan. Not much interested in any raids beyond that.

1 Like

Belf booty

…and no world buffs, i quess.

1 Like

i will miss the world buffs… people made such a big drama about getting and losing those buffs was very entertaining…

• Number 1 is gonna be the Karazhan Opera Event intros. The nostalgia will hit so hard on those.

• Karazhan in general. Always loved that raid and will probably clear every week in all phases. For some reason i skipped SSC and TK and went straight to BT, so will be looking forward for those as well.

• Really looking forward for arenas. This time im gonna team up with friends in 2v2 and 3v3 instead of just doing 10 matches with a new random person each weak.

• Nagrand was my favorite zone. I really liked the quests and always felt like you gained a few free levels in no time in that zone.

1 Like

Looking forward to the game dying when the 58 boost comes out like so many people are claiming.
Don’t believe it the slighest bit, so really looking forward to it.

Not the topic of dicussion mate, whatever your stance on the boost. Take it to the already 500 threads about this.

1 Like

The main thing I’m looking forward to is finally being able to play a good expansion again. It’s been almost 5 years.

3 Likes

The topic of discussion is asking what people are looking forward to most in TBC.
I already played TBC so obviously the thing I’m looking forward to is something we didn’t have in original TBC.
Sorry for having an opinion m8.

There are still worldbuffs to get in tbc if you want to.

-Leveling in Outland. I love every zone except SMV. Each one has its own flavor.
-Running dungeons in both normal and heroic modes. Dungeon running in TBC felt way more healthy and alive than in Classic.
-Great class changes that made most specs non-meme.
-Doing rep farm and getting those sweet rewards.
-Optimizing the character which felt better than in classic because of better itemization.
-Doing Kara attunement.
-Running Karazhan.

T4 content phase to me was the pinnacle of TBC. So much people around hanging up to do the same fun stuff: dungeons, questing, BGs, Arenas, Kara.

2 Likes

Healing as a holy priest was such fun. So much that I’ve changed my mind and decided to do it all over again.

1 Like

What I’m looking forward to:

• The zones. While I much prefer the original world, I still liked Outlands, as well as the Belf leveling areas. They’ll make for a nice change of pace!
  • Leveling a paladin. I like the paladin class but regretfully I can’t bring myself to play Alliance (leveling on RPPvP originally kind of leaves its mark on you, especially back then when faction pride was not a matter of racials, at least not to the extent it is today).
  • The new abilities and talents for multiple classes, and especially Flight Form for my Druid… I loved it back then, can’t wait to relive it now! As I don’t really like max level stuff, I’ll enjoy leveling my Druid, Rogue, Priest, Shaman and a new Paladin!
1 Like

I’m really looking forward to re-living my TBC start. It feels like it’s so long ago that I started playing WoW.

I’m really not sure what I want to play. I had thought I’d do a Blood Elf Paladin but I never actually played one originally until Wrath and I found the Classic version awful. My friends have also decided to go Alliance.

Going back to Outlands as a Burning Crusade standalone is going to be great fun, you just can’t get that same experience once it becomes old content in Retail.

1 Like

I know i cant hype my nostalgia and the exp will be half enjoyable as back then.

But i cant wait to level in those beautiful zones!

Pvp

Kharazan!

2 Likes