Thinking to return

Hey guys,

So after taking a long break from World of Warcraft, I was curios about it… Is it worth to return now, with upcoming Rise of Azshara patch? I don’t have BFA expansion yet and at the moment it’s on sale so it’s the best opportunity to get it, but is it worth it? I’ve read that BFA sucks and other… and it makes me curious.

Ask any two people, they’ll give you three answers. :woman_shrugging:

I didn’t know they had started a sale. Makes sense, since BfA is struggling, and they really want to get people back for 8.2.

It depends not on the patch, but on YOU. What do you enjoy doing in the game? Does it look like what’s coming with 8.2 is what you enjoy? There’s nothing terribly new. Nazjatar looks like another Tanaan Jungle, and Mechagon like a scuffed, dull Timeless Isle, though both do at least provide some world content, which has been notable by its absence so far. M+ looks like … well, more M+. The new raid looks like just another raid. Reviews from the beta rate it OK but not especially highly, unlike BoD, which got a lot of approval. Ashran is coming back as an Epic Battleground, if you’re into that.

They are trying to address some of the major systems criticism, so that can’t be bad. Classes won’t change significantly, though there will no doubt be a movement of the buffing-and-nerfing wheel appropriate to a major patch.

In other words, it will be just like BfA has been so far, but with some things slightly improved.

Here’s Blizzard’s (quite good) presentation of the patch:

Here’s a pretty balanced review:

I don’t know what else to tell you. If you’re just hankering to return, do it. If you took a hard pass on BfA deliberately, there’s really nothing new to add.

P.S. Just noticed this “what to do” summary for 8.2. May give you some idea of what you’re getting immediately if you return

2 Likes

I don’t know when you stopped playing and why but personally I think it is too little, too late. I’ve waited for Azshara for many years. It’s not worth it to come back now considering how the game is.

I think the key word there is ‘Personally’. No-one can decide whether or not you’ll enjoy returning. I’ve come back after a short stint at the start of BFA and it’s alright. It’s not as good as Wotlk, BC or even MoP but it’s not awful. I’d just give a month gametime a go - you’ve spent at worst £9.99 which is what, 2-3 coffees from Starbucks/Costa? Then you will have a better gauge on your personal enjoyment.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.