This full class needs a rework! Not just the spec

The Death Knight class is my favourite in the game but I find it so frustrating too persevere with it.

It feels so dated, from its visuals, animations, rune forging, class mount, game play and needs a rethink.

Now in no way am i asking to be over powered just fun. Our survivability is woeful.

Ive been playing with my warrior, paladin, demon hunter, druid and monk in the lead up to this patch and they all feel like they are from a different game.

Lets look at unholy and what you have to track to get going.

Resources: Runic Power, Runes, Sores, pets, cool downs, diseases.

By the time youve started your set up a warriors chunked half your health.

Rune forging is down to one rune making it boring.

Pets need customisation options - lich, abom, banshee etc (even our magus of the dead soemtimes pawns as a regular ghoul).

defile and death and decay are dated

soul reaper is a terrible execute unless you just do pve.

Nobody likes breath of sindragosa

Frost DKS being the arthas type class should have massive strikes and be impaling with ice shards but they are just weak and boring.

Army of the dead is dated as is summon gargoyle.

For me all specs need a refocus and a gameplay rework. Have unholy ditch sores and just have diseases, have undead spawn like imps on demo warlock with disease tics, have buttons that either explode them or combine them into a super monstrosity,

Have custom ghouls like warlocks, a dark ranger, a lich, Valkyr or banshee for range, an abom or stitched monstrosity for melee.

Let us tank and dps on all 3 specs again, bring presences or auras back.

TLDR: Class rework needed.

5 Likes

I think Presences Auras alone could save DKs for the rest of the expansion.

I remember being able to switch to Blood Presence in emergencies.
There were plenty of times where a Tank would die at 10% boss HP left and I (as a frost DK) would switch to Blood Presence, taunt the boss, spam [Death Strike]s and save the pull.

But unfortunately, this is the EU forums and posting anything in here is clearly pointless.

1 Like

Yea, Unholy death knight has felt the same since Legion. Blood feels fine but I would love an entire rework of Frost/Unholy.

Also all other classes got shiny new visuals we’re stuck on our 2008 animations.

Nah we wont see rework.
These days girls making expansions thats why all is green and pink everything sucks
You wont see any dk rework until real boys takes job.

1 Like

Don’t need a rework, just some tweaks.

Haven’t played UH in m+ this season, swapped to BDK properly last season and enjoy it much more than uh and frost. Be interested to see how UH does now with the ‘mini burst’ windows with magus on apoc thing!

that’s alot of valid points, but im afraid none of them will even be understood by the idiots in charge of design, they dont play DK, and never had ever since Wrath and late MoP, because if they did they would see just how unfun our rotation and gameplay rotation is, It’s like our mechanics where designed by a very bad AI, to make a sub par class with so many anti synergies it could, while making it extremely annoying to play in some cases.

I will never visit america beacuse if i do i will personally go to california and pour dog poo in the mailboxes of the devs, but i fear even doing that wont work, because we are so insignificiant in their eyes that they will probably think

“Oh… priests mages and rogues are annoyed again, we need to focus more efforts to rework them once again, we truly care”

We dont exist to them, thats what makes me the most angry, they dont even remember we exist, because no one plays the class as a main anymore. as much as i disliked the forced dual wield of frost in legion, once breath of sindra was not the BiS thing to go DK that expansion was very enjoyable, even unholy, it had just the amount of busywork, not the trash that it became after Legion.

1 Like

Blood dk i dont remember to be so bad for some time especially in pvp and this Death’s Caress is so bad and forcefull talent u feel like u wasting talent for it and its blood boil cheap copy ( sorry for repeating me self from my own topic) but whole class need remake - blood for example should have pet that somehow complement class, unholy should hav summon that raises dead from time to time maybe that way you could remake apocalypse into something else, frost dk should be able to summ some kind of lich who protect you or deal aoe, and turn them off for pvp and give some passive that would for each summon compliment each spec nicely,

Valkyr should be as kind of ultimate ability but also for each spec doing something else.

Blizz just do something for better not worst ! @Blizzard #WorldOfWarcraft #Blizzard

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.