This is not pre nerf Ulduar

No its not, since you are buffing the gear, which makes it even easier for people to clear. And you will probably also follow through when the retail tourists ask for a nerf, because they still have not cleared it before next phase in DF. I mean, they are your best customers right?

If the argument is to make ulduar a viable raid in togc, then you should buff the gear when togc comes out. You are also practically nerfing ICC as we speak when you enhance ppls gearing power.

5 Likes

You just have to wait for Wotlk SoM if you want Ulduar ultra buff

1 Like

Unequip your weapon.
I promise it’ll be harder.

2 Likes

Wait, they’re buffing the gear?

Yes, some gear get extra +3 ratings.

Yeah absolutely no difference … some items go from like 10m to 25m …

Eugh, the players who specifically came back for WOTLK Classic must be borderline irate.

Did someone say that Ulduar was hard, still after 14 years? Its not the retail"tourists" that make this game like this. Thank the so called die hard classic community for it, oh and the devs ofc

Why did they decide to make all those awkward changes is beyond me. WotLK is widely considered the best WoW. Tweak this and you have issues there, tweak there and you introduce more issues. The buffed gear indeed will make Ulda easier. ToC/ICC aren’t even out and it’s already clear these phases will inevitably be scuffed.

The idea to make Ulda viable through ToC made sense, but the way they approach this is questionable at best.

1 Like

Imagine havinga successful formula for a game in ur hand, You just have to implement it and cash in sweet sweet green paper…then u decide meddle with the formula making it poopoo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Prenerf ulduar and buffing gear are not really related, They’re buffing the gear so people still do ulduar when ToTC comes out and they’re giving us pre-nerf so its not a complete snoozefest.

3 Likes

Do you know, that they buff Naxx? all this time it was +hp

Why bother with ToC then? Also why didn’t they buff Naxx Gear to make it relevant when Ulduar drops? I just don’t see the logic here. With Buffing Ulduar gear to the point where it’s so close in power to next raid in order don’t you basically invalidate that one?

2 Likes

Hey man, we told you this was a bad idea when they announced it, you obviously don’t even want to play the game since you’ve known about it forevers!

Oh the guffaws to be had at turning the tables.

1 Like

Yessir, Ulduar hardmode weapons will be better than any weapons out of ToC.

1 Like

There’s one thing that intrigues me and if someone from PTR has any insight I’d be greatful but what about replacing loot for 10 man with 25 man version… Does it also apply to heroic variants? As in can your get Heroic 25 loot from heroic 10 man once the change rolls out?

Its only for naxx, so there is no HC loot … 10m will drop 25 and 25 will drope more of 25

You realize that with ToC there will be Defense Protocol Beta so the changes they make will affect Ulduar as well.

1 Like

Well this whole thing is “to make ulduar relevant for longer” … unless blizz intends to screw everythin up, which they surely dont intent to wink wink, there wont be more shuffle in the future …

Basically we dont know yet :smiley:

But yeah, it will probably shuffle even HC variants to lower difficulty … if they continue with this nonsense … also I wonder if 5mans start dropping ulduar only or both naxx and ulduar … meaning we get actual m+1+2+3 that drops higher ILvLs …

From Wowhead article about recent batch of info it sounds like they will leave Naxx gear within Protocol Alpha while Ulduar stuff will drop in harder Protocol Beta