This is the worst arena season I can ever remember

Including the season I left the game (corruption fiesta) and everything.

I love no grind thing. I love everything outside of arena. Giving players something to do alone (solo shuffle) was a great idea. Having hotfixes every week is amazing.

BUT with the ideas being good, the action is garbage.
Not gonna mention anything about solo shuffle, we all know the show going on there.
Also not gonna mention about how overpowered some classes are because I dont want this post to be a “my class bad” topic.

Just going to say most games are ending before healer gets any sort of cc, some classes basically pve people down in arena and it is very common. No game play, no positioning, no timing or no defensive usedge makes any sense. Most of the time, people win without swapping any targets on defensives and just burst the def cds down, and win.

Base of the arena gameplay is not here anymore. Setup comps like rmx/jung/php are almost unplayable. Please do not come and say “this is being played on 3k” about any of these comps, there might be one expection or two, but the game design is not that way right now at all.

Please keep making hotfixes often and on the next one fix this. Most people were really hyped about this no grind thing had hopes of a very good season.

19 Likes

Brainless DK whines :stuck_out_tongue: The person who literally random mashes few buttons to 1 poor caster

I cant understand what kind of a personality or mental set you should have to make this post a “class spesific” perspective.

16 Likes

frost isnt in the same position as uh.

My Problem with that expansion is that Arena LFG is basically dead if ur not a Heal Player
I wanna learn DPS( i am healer main) and either i sit in Shuffle Que or LFG Tool.

I think shuffle Ques wouldnt be as bad if only PvPler qued it but alot of DPS from PvE are queing shuffle aswell but apparently not Healers since Healing Gameplay is very different… and lets be real everybody can play a Meele DPS in Shuffle and perform its not like u need Setup anymore u just pump DPS in…i feel like i should play more PvE and if i wanna play PvP i guess League is the way

hope they remove solo shuffle and bring RBG Que out instead

3 Likes

Is that a bad thing?

Congratulations on being ‘that guy’ who can’t comprehend discussion posts that revolve around anything other than ‘x class op’ :clown_face:

4 Likes

2 idiots spotted in replies already. that’s why the game is bad.

4 Likes

Worst part is that some low rated people (Not meaning to offend) want to have tuning based around solo shuffle. If that happens, the PvE-ish meta will be enforced. I can understand why some people prefer solo shuffle as in accessibility over quality, but playing poor quality matches over and over again leaves rather blank taste. It’s sad that the premade arenas suffer from this, especially if you’re not playing meta its hard to find games and the small pool of players shows in my experience.

5 Likes

For them to be unplayable? Yes it is.
And with the huge nerf/buff swings speccs/classes become dump tier or god tier on a whim, it doesnt look much like tuning anymore to me tbh. More like the good old roll the dice.

1 Like

I agree asdasdasd.

Are you sure about this?
https://twitter.com/tonyferalmovies/status/1618447716438405121/photo/1

How does this negate what he said? With that output there’s no need for well executed setups…

And how do you imagine current rmx plays? You don’t press kidney, blind and sheep, just throw dmg? Or setup for you is only combust go?
Or you randomly press death mark on assa so it can be removed by holy pally bubble asap?

Read again. I mentioned well executed setups. Setups are still needed, just like any other comp… Isn’t the point of such comps that their output is overall relatively low but due to their control they can keep someone out of the game long enough to place their kill? Give those absurd output and idk what we call that…

If you have seen the match cdew’s team where afk the entire game in the starting room, so they got aoe’d for almost 10 min.

The dmg doesn’t seem insane doing aoe on 3 guy for that period of time and also the mage was 100% free casting.

Imagine what happen if you stack and let dh/dk/warrior etc… Let pve 3 guy for 10min the dmg will be higher

Again, death mark kill requires setup. I don’t think it’s relevant if it’s suits your “well executed” setup. OP never said anything about your “well executed” setup, so elaborate why death mark setup doesn’t suit it.

It’s awc, not a average combatant scenario where you get zugged for whole game straight and have no idea how to deal with it. Fact that they could do it clearly talks about potential of comp. Their strat was to dampen and they failed to do so. Also mage wasn’t in a room most of the game and still pulled that dps.

1 Like

Deathmark doesn’t require a good setup in fact pikaboo use it most of the time after the setup or only with a smoke bomb to force multiple CD.

Idk choosing as a strategy to dampen something with almost 100% sharpen uptime and on aoe with unhealable dmg is a big joke imo, still the dmg isn’t insane from just pure aoe and the mage was allways hitting something so yeah.

Also any melee cleave these days do mostly all their dmg as cleave, idk why you speak about 1k6 game play cause even at the top the gamepla is same .

That’s part of setup, using death mark on first go so you force multiple cds from enemy and you kill them on next kidney. Pretty simple and effective strat and games lasted around 2 min, also that’s why there were 7 rogue teams out of top 8.
Also after SL rmp most ppl don’t miss that times, besides those rmp players, i am psure.

1 Like

I know I don’t lol
Though I still agree that pvp feels more and more like a raw dmg race. Not necessarily bad if tuning was better and it involved more than 3 buttons for some classes