This is what we expecting you to to do in 9.1 @blizzard

Just for comparison reasons, in TBC main feature of Demonology - demons, was better designed and more powerful on their own.

Grants both the Warlock and the summoned demon an effect as long as that demon is active.

Imp - Reduces threat caused by 20%.

Voidwalker - Reduces physical damage taken by 10%.

Succubus - Increases all damage caused by 10%.

Felhunter - Increases all resistances by 1 per level.

Felguard - Increases all damage caused by 5% and all resistances by .5 per level.

Where such passives right now in SL?
I remember how Ion blabbed during Blizzcon 2019 about some mythical “Unpruning”, and i must say that i can’t find any evidence apart from useless corruption in demo and semi useful curses, because i as Demo only have 14 demonology spells in my spell book

While fire mages have 27 spells

No wonders why demonology as spec has deep issues, Fire almost has twice as many spells to play with - active and passive ones.

So with that crap in mind, why not to add good old spells from previous xpacs back to the warlock? Not demo alone - i just used demo as an example.

9 Likes

i just told a guildie that if nothing is changed for 9.1 i ditch lock for good. will never look back.

the answer? “a rework? more like a nerf”

because affliction is in top 3 dps in raid…

they wont change lock cuz ppl are fine with it since 1 spec out of 3 is performing well.

thats what i said in other thread and dont expect changes: they throw at us stupid numbers to have one spec performing well and hide behind it.
dont expect anything for 9.1.

i’d be very suprised if the issue is even mentionned with a “were working on it” line

1 Like

They should work on demo, cause it is trash. But seems they like it, they even said. But I can’t believe that it’s true.
I want mop warlock back.

PS: when did the armory properly shows my mogg?!? Wtf

2 Likes

Regarding the pruning of spells and active and passive skills that are fun if not vital for the gameplay of the warlock, we could discuss it for days and days.

However, I cannot understand why the developers (which I consider intelligent and prepared people) tend to remove certain passives completely from the game or at most put them as talents (which no one takes because they are extremely weak).

I give only two examples: backlash and nightfall.

They were two passive “fun” and useful when the “filler” spells were decidedly more powerful than in recent years. I really can’t understand why I took out these two passive abilities which made the spec slightly more fun and gave you the opportunity to cast something while you were under melee attack for example.

in the modern game, can a destruction warlock with the backlash be considered OP in a Pve situation or PvP for an instant cast that does very little damage and only serves for a very very minimum of extra mobility and generate some resources?

6 Likes

And that is where you are wrong, you think with logic and with knowledge of the warlock class while you believe them to be intelligent and prepared people.

nothing of the above actually applies and they have proven that they have zero knowledge of warlocks (and obviously NO ONE plays one) and they have absolutely no clue what they are doing for nearly a decade now.

5 Likes

Чтобы делать хорошие вещи надо в игру свою играть. Близард не делает для нас. Близард делает для денюжек./To do good things you have to play your game. Blizzard doesn’t do it for us. Blizzard makes for money.

1 Like

Demo is trash? Nope! It just needs PhD!
It rocks man!

I never said it is trash because it deals no dmg. I always say warlocks dmg is fine, it is the toolkit that makes the class bad or trash. The class fantasy is a slow, hard casting and tanky caster. But we miss the tanky party of the fantasy, even a mage is tankier than us, with more mobility. They need to change the toolkit, it is a slow ramp up in a fast meta. That’s totally wrong.

2 Likes

DPS is meaningless if your core gameplay has issues, and demo is infested with issues.
Kala did good DPS - well good for him, but it doesn’t fix the spec. Demo has raw damage and gameplay loop that works only outside the main game, in some perfect scenarrio. Put demo in the current game activities and boom - spec is neglected by the community.
In PvP i can deal good chunk of damage, but since demo is troublesome in pvp, i have bad time trying to find or form groups, because people don’t wanna play with demo.

6 Likes

why do so many ppl have this mental problem man… gameplay is not dps. we could be top dps spamming shadow bolt many of us wouldnt be happy… not everbody cares about performance in a videogame. its a game first and foremost. and warlock is just 0 fun

4 Likes

competition is what makes this game interesting. And to be competitive we need equal posibilities.
Yes, most of the ppl will wining much more if they make warlock 1 button rotation.
But we have major problems with pets routing, agro mobs and teleportations. We have so huge ramp up time that we are just can’t dps in low bracket, and can’t join high bracket cause of mental ilness called “meta”, that have nothing with most of the players.
If u think that being a dead weight is fine, i am not agree. Dev team completely ignores warlock, fixes are formal and have nothing with ingame situation.

2 Likes

We just need a change of how we deal dmg, not how much.
Like destruction having more than one dmg dealing ability(Chaos Bolt). Affliction dmg comes from dots, not from cast and Demo main dmg from the lock not pets.

what? how selective is ur reading?

edit: u edited ur post lmao, still a bit off what u write but man, shameless

I edited only my misstapes, like grammar mistakes. Why should i be ashamed, all post still includes same info.
Selective? What? gameplay is not dps? - dps is core of competitive pve. Warlock is not fun? - for me fun enough, but i can’t play, cause i just got no invites, even with competitive numbers.
U called it mental problem, i call it fair results, you pay more efforts - u got better results. It is how rpg works.

1 Like

That’s what I miss in the game. High effort, high reward. Right now it is low effort, high reward.
Warlock could be so much better with a bit of changes

okay dude, have fun in the barrel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.