This Shadow Priest version Is Not fun For M+

Both Mind sear and Pi needs to go make Priest have something better than those. Personally think you can do better than this.

Prove to me that this game Dragonflight Is even worth trying to Rate in m+ for Shadow Priest.

Our Aoe Is Garbo our single target even worse of than it was in Shadowlands.

also

Giving away our Personal Dps CD Pi to people to increase theirs Is a fundamentally ill coding like what’s even worth it for the shadow priest player you feel less a priest and more you just exist to let others shine, Even if you justify it with we got twin priestess It feels less fun that our Cd is used on others padding and we get nothing from it 0 thing not even more haste or our dots ticks faster when the player you buff with pi hits stuff affect by your dots. Like how hard is it to make this class feel fun.

Might as well call shadow Support not a dps Role.

You enter a big decline train as soon as you logg on since the class is underperforming.
You sit in a big decline line of people taking melee because you added swirl mechanics that takes you out from doing even one channeling of mind sear what’s the point of playing priest when all you do is making it harder and harder each expack with trillions of skill shots and what nots the logs should be prof enough this version of Shadow does not work.

Blizzard you need to make shadow fun again this is just

pathetic

7 Likes

we have a Litteral talent which means we “dont give it away”.

Yeeaaah Shadows Alot higher on M+ boards then they were in SL lol.

this is a extremely opinonated issue. i find the Class very fun, you dont. which one of us gets the right to make the offical call however.

being Mid pack isnt Underperforming.

having a 45 second CD on our Kick, a Lack of Demanded utility and not being the top of the Leaderboards is the reason we’re declined. It isnt a case of being Meta or Be Trash. its the simple case of:

there are so many DPS players applying to every group, theres no need to take anything but the meta, but by default u will have a portion of Speccs be deemed “non meta”

1 Skill shot. a Singular Skill shot, thats been a Skill shot, for aslong as the ability has existed.

Shadow hasnt consistently gotten “harder”. Shadow just keeps getting revamped so muscle memory goes out the window.

again extremely opinonated. im sure u’ll come at me with “oh but ur in the 0.0001%” and I simply Disagree with you. i think quite a few are enjoying Shadow from a Playstyle aspect.

Shadow has never been the Most popular specc, its Sided with 2 healers, which is a Offput to many.

Casters are again a Minority in popularity in total, you cant say “oh well X”… because Mages are also pretty unpopular these days, it doesnt change the fact their meta. Same with Warlocks lol while they’ve defintly gotten more popular recently they’re still no where near the popularity of melee.

we have more Shadow, then any other caster in my guild Lmao. and we all love it ^^. but yes.

pinonated at best.

1 Like

I can agree that Spriest needs a boost of some sorts. Also PI needs to be replaced with a Bloodlust of some sorts.

But I cannot agree that our AoE sucks. Mind Sear might seem clunky at first to use, but it really packs a punch, even when you can use it for no insanity. We also have The Thing from Below which shoots out free AoE in itself.

1 Like

Its the game play it sucks so much compared to shadowlands either they need to revert Mind sear or remove it completely.

Like we did way more dps in shadowlands was topping meters now we don’t even do above a DH tank in dps in Academy on the tree boss.

This meta play sucks so much they should add back Cascade instead of Mind sear as a spender this mind sear spender sucks its horrible the person who though this was ok and greenlighted this should get fire or play Minecraft their balance is beyond donkey lvl.

Also giving away Pi to people then getting nothing in return for it feels beyond stupid also having Halo on a cast time Dark Ascension and Void form on a cast time feels sad we are literally the only class with a darn Cast time Cd.

what are blizzard so bad at when it comes to shadow you’ve had Legion, Bfa Shadowlands now this trash. Just rework shadow this version feels like a dirty toilet brush used in your mouth.

They nerfing our mana back making us even more like a stick class. It feels sad. Blizzard really need to get your game on this can’t be a finished game version of shadow we paid 80 quid for.

Arcane mages: ok

For me they ruined sp in legion. Sp before legion wasn’t in top anywhere by numbers but it was much more fun to play. But df rework for me is the best iteration of sp since legion. I enjoy it a lot. But it needs more work.

1 Like

Evocation isnt a Dps cd its a mana back thing

They should just make everything from cata comeback that your dots hit twice as much from Mind sear and add back mind sear as a permanent spamable thing then make mind sear and mind flay crits lower the cd of mind bender.

Literally how hard can it be to fix shadow :stuck_out_tongue:

Legion destroyed priest in general they removed that Renew gave mastery for holy so no longer can you put renew on targets then they nerfed renew down to the ground for no reason.

In Dragonflight shadow feels like a full toilet that can’t be flushed. Everything is a cast time mind sear deals neglectable damage and feels sad you can push it more.

Blizzard should just take PVP Priest and add so dark Ascension and void form has no cast time in pve as well.

Its just there but not as fun as in shadowlands Living shadow 4 set from shadowlands > Sloppy Joe from beyond .

Hope next expack is better this trash season can burn in the forgotten corner.

You seem out of date. It’s arcane surge, it’s main dps cool-down. It was arcane power or how is it (+30%dmg and manacost change) before now it’s arcane surge, 2.5s cast ability that does tons of aoe dmg, give you big dmg buff, give you rune under your character and give you +425% mana regeneration. It’s main cooldown of arcane mage now. I can also say that radiant spark and rune of power are nothing more than temporary burst dmg modificators which have the same purpose as voidform.

Having a cast time on a thing for shadow makes no sense we have channels and stuff why add cast timers on a CD that used to be instant cast time even with swirls and stuff this expack is just joke compared to S4 shadowlands.

why should PVP people get fan served?

I feel you and I also thing that adding voidform to shadow priest and burst cool-downs in general was the worst idea ever. It never was burst cooldown spec. Before cata it was dot-rot spec, in cata they also added possibility to stack orbs to do some big crits with mind blast while being dot spec in general
In mop it was dot-rot but with short burst window with plague, same in wod. All it had besides short orb burst windows was bender. It was enough for burst. Why the hell make that spec another combust fire-mage which does good dmg in burst and hit like wet-noodle out of it like in sl or bfa? I’m not even talking about legion sp which works only in ideal raiding scenario with good ping while being tuned good. It’s ok to have legion mechanics if you can do top dmg with that in raids but blizzard can’t stand still with high risk specs getting good reward for that (it’s unbalanced they say. So another nobrain spec tops charts instead the most punishing spec in the game like legion sp). And it doesn’t work in m+ or pvp, it doesn’t work in open world and levelling. It was the worst thing they ever did for me in this game because I was sp main. Also changing thematic from vampiric shadow mental magic to void one wasn’t good for me, too(
I really hate legion. What they did with priest, surv, mm, warlock, mage. They just ruined most fun specs for me and they still can’t recover .

Shadow was totally fun in S4 shadowlands then they add this Our Mind sear cost insanity becouse people can’t push 2 searing nightmares then they nerf our mana sustain then nerf our self heal sustain then nerf our dot spread our living shadow was removed from beta for being decent and replaced with a sloppy joe TYP creature from beyond which also got nerfed then they nerfed mind sear down to 5 target cap.

then they nerfed our idols to 5 target cap then they nerfed everything in shadows catalog with 5 target cap.

This Expack is the worst emotional damage a person who want to have fun in game can handle.

Blizzard needs to walk away from Legion right now.

In Wod I liked shadow even if it wasn’t popular but cascade was fun and COP play was fun all because people complains I can’t cast my VT boho they have to rework it in to legion wanna be trash tier.

Lead designers for priest in general should retire they should brain storm something new.

Holy feels stale shadow feels sad discipline feels trash how their designer’s manage to make this in to this expack don’t know. Just irritated they don’t even try to fix the spec.

its been 12 days since 20th December just rework shadow Like they are doing Feral.

There is a HUGE difference between Legion SP and what we have right now. I dont understand this comparison all the time.

Guess this is a again a you problem.

This is just not true. Its because it was the worst design of a talent that ever existed in the whole game. There are way way less ppl wishing this garbage talent back, than wishing a better rework for SP right now. You cannot even compare how bad SN was. Just because it did a good amount of damage in S4, it does nowhere mean, it was fun.

agreed… s4 was terrible., She ignores the entire period before it, what brought Spriest up at the end there was the fact blizzard Bandaided a metric ton of buffs to it.

it was most defintly not fun, and seems to also have amnesia to the fact she was complaining for 2 years prior those over how terrible SL Design was to now want it back.

As u get higher into keys, Mind crashs CD Becomes less and less a problem realistically, and while could be improved by maybe knocking it down to a 20sec CD.

as far as i’ve seen, its mainly ST… sometimes i manage to do 45k DPS ST… other times im only reaching 30k. that could be my fault though, i can defintly admit… im not good at Shadow currently. i’ve only just been getting back into it.

The problem mostly comes from the flexibility. Shadow is really bad at adapting to mistakes and generally being able to function when something goes wrong. No amount of crash cd reduction, within reason, is going to fix that.

Raid ST is absolutely poor though. I find my boss damage in keys to be weirdly ok, likely because shadow isn’t actually losing much to run it’s aor build?

1 Like

Found out a new Pain of death build that can by pass the boring void form garbage rng build died 7 times yet ended up 2nd on dps list this build was fun my pet was 2nd on dps list.

I wish blizzard did mind bender as a pet this is so fun to play with when you do mindbender on big pulls and dot everything you can shadow word death big times when it resets also it lets you do aoe on demand and boss damage.

The rng idols needs to go away and void form to. Hate void bolt and tentacle rng give us raw damage.

http s://imgur.com/a/YYbBmES ← did academy here’s how well it preformed.

no idea, i’ve found it to be inconsistent, but mainly ok and likely is down to build, i think ST Defintly needs the focus in the next buffs.

If you’re playing this it’s no wonder you think we suck in keys.

100 agree. Sometimes i go out a bossfight with a shocking good amount of damage.

This build is trash. And its definitely not “more fun” to play

It does better over all than void form garbage rng void tencles :stuck_out_tongue:
and sloppy joe from beyond

Thing from beyond did 5% on my over all my mindbender does 11%

But this is just not true…? Its just a wrong fact.

This is not how the overall calculation works. Are you 12 years old?

Try it and prove me wrong then tho i will try 1 rank dark evenlism and get thing from beyond in to this build see if it does better,

anything away from void form is a start to get shadow in to a better state