Thoughts for ranged dps in Shadowlands! What class will you main?

Hey,

As the title says, what are your thoughts about ranged dps for Shadowlands, from the moment we know the most legendary powers and changes at each spec?

I try to figure out myself what to main,as now at BFA I main a destro lock. I was thinking changing to affli but I’m not sure what to main in Shadowlands.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Shadow Priest rework Looks really good.
Elemental Shaman Looks really fun.
Warlock Affliction loosk rly fun… Destro could be fun… Demo is defintly not fun.

Boomkin, im not liking the look of, What it gains doesnt seem great.
hunter. MM Looks rly good, BMs i still find boring, and Surv looks like its getting to a extent shafted.

im personally picking Shadow Priest :stuck_out_tongue:

I am thinking getting to affli with my lock if I continue maining the lock! Otherwise I was thinking shadow priest too cause it seems nice and always wanted to play shadow priest! But the thing is I want to set the character from now fro Shadowlands!

Also I was thinking boomkin but I’m not sure for this… also mage seems nice choice!

Well if its any consulation, currently in 8.3 Shadow isnt rly bad to play, alot of the speccs problems are aided by the borrowed power systems.

my Spriest is currently 459 ilevel and can output roughly 44-46k DPS in a M+ Enviroment and i am pretty bad at playing Shadow Priest mainly cause i’ve done very little with the specc since legions Reiteration of the Speccs identity.

I kinda Liked the Old Shadow priest, that felt simular to AFF lock but with hybridization with Healing Speccs, not The New version where they’ve Pushed so hard to give it a True Identity. (I played Spriest til MoP as i quit in WoD)

boomkins changes in BFA werent amazing… and i dont feel like the Class is getting anything Special in SL… it also has a Melee Counterpart Specc… which means your Specc wanting to play ranged could quickly fall out of favor.

Mage looks to be a good option yes :).

3 DPS Classes are always a Fundamental Advantage… how much of a pain Conduits And Convenant Abilities will be for you is Yet to be seen though… 1 week Lock outs will make Swapping Specc very hard. and being locked into a Singular ability… could become problematic if ur choosing ur convenant for more then 1 specc.

Shadow i guess is the easy way out in a Sense :smiley: 1 DPS Specc, means i cant physically Swap out of it… meaning my Conduits wont need to change as Much as Say a Mage Swapping Speccs… and i’ve only gotta take Shadow into COnsideration when it comes to choosing my convenant.

On the same Tree though, If Spriests Suck… i wont have a Alternative :stuck_out_tongue: so i guess… Pick your poison.

1 Like

Very nice and detailed opinion! I guess I must pick my main carefully cause I don’t wanna have many alts because I want to be good at one.

To be honest my 3 thoughts are affli lock cause I like more dot playing than the destro right now cause of the hard casts, something i hate cause u need a lot of haste to make destro work something that I don’t have now except if I fill my destro lock with corruptions.

My 2nd thought is mage cause mages are always a powerhouse and look fun and the dmg output is always nice with at least a decent gear.

And my 3rd choice is the shadow priest cause always I wanted to play shadow priest and the changes look very promising!

aye this expansion seems to have ALOT of choices we have to make comparitively to previous ones.

With the convenants in place… i guess they will also have some weight into these things aswell.

AFF lock will prolly be my second contender really, as its a Similar playstyle, i tried mage out and its never really worked for me personally tho haha xD

Haha I feel you for the mage one cause I got bored and left him at 56 level maybe I will give a second chance! I hope I will choose wisely and not end up with wrong choices! XD

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.