Thoughts on gathering professions?

Greetings fellas, i wanted to ask how you feel about double gathering professions? I do have now blacksmithing and mining but i only make money from mining. I also don’t stay long at Valdrakken to spam for my profession and the crafting orders does not give any profit at the moment. If i drop blacksmithing will i lose all the progress? knowledge points, skill points etc?

Blacksmithing and JC ive heard some are saying are the ONLY professions that make good money rn and yes if you drop a profession you lose everything, knowledge points, recipes and skill points so i would def not drop BS.

The price for raw gathering mats keeps on dropping throughout the entire expansion and so the margins for making gold with them now are so slim that i would def not go double gatherer right now if i were you. Instead i would go all in on BS, pick a good specialization like weapon crafting and spam valdrakken trade. Everybody is gonna need to recraft their crafted gear to the item level cap that has now been increased as of 10.1 and therefore there is alot of money to be made from that.

1 Like

You lose your skill points, but you keep your Equipment and Knowledge points, which means that once you dropped a profession, if you are willing to farm the 100 skill points, you can come back to it at any time with not too much of an investment (Depends on the prof, some are a nightmare to max out but Blacksmith is not in my opinion).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.