Threat generation

hi guys can anyone help i seem to be struggling to hold aggro since the expac have we had a nerf to threat generation? mostly when pulling packs in m+

Hi, I am happy to help. But I don’t know the situation around you. I would need to know your class and spec. Not to mention overall situation, of your gear and overall experience in the game. How you currently try to do things with your abilities, what is your plan.

In general you should not really have any issues holding threat, I had none tanking keys, and I tanked a lot to get my gilded crests done. Both as BDK and Protection Warrior.

So would likely be a factor of you doing something weird or even perhaps wrong. Maybe it could simply be gear difference of you Vs the DPS.

Just remember to use the ‘reply to’ button make me aware you responded here, or you can go to Skyhold (if you are asking a warrior related question) the warrior discord, go to the protection warrior section and ask in there.
https://discord.gg/VPcvNNZK
It is a lot more active than the forum :dracthyr_nod:

Either way, I am sure it is possible to sort out your situation :dracthyr_yay_animated:

hi sorry didnt realise my profile was set to my dk lol yer im a lvl 80 prot warrior 594 ilvl and just seems like the aggro generation is lower i feel like the tooltip t least use to be that defensive stance increased threat gen but not there any more its just when pulling groups i can pull them all use multiple aoe abilities and then someone still pulls aggro away on a add or two not sure why or how except then threat isnt generating like use too

I have no issues holding threat, basically prethrow ravager, into shield-charge and a clap keeps them on me. Mind describing what you do and how it goes wrong?

Is it only the initial threat you are struggling with, then you manage to keep it. Or is it that during the pull you suddenly lose a mob or two?

Do you keep up your rotation while you snap taunt the mobs at low threat range. Then finally, do you have threat plates to keep track of the threat situation?

Easiest is if you upload a VOD of you playing on youtube, then I can just take a look and see your gameplay in action :dracthyr_heart:

please don’t increase threat generation for warriors. only for prot skills. i already have terribad issues with dying on pulls even when i’m the last one to enter in the pull.