Throne of Tides

I think I speak for the majority of M + players when I say that
Throne of Tides has a very small timer window making it higher keys near impossible to time without perfection. Please do increase it with at least a minute or two because it is just too tight.

so you want very high keys to be time able even if you fork up several times, do no dmg and play terrible?
Why have a timer then in the first place then?

But generally tott is the outlier from the timer together with rise. Although rise was timed on 30 while tott was not (?).
I still do believe that all of the dungeons on their max level requires absolute perfect play to make the timer. I don’t think AD 31 is any easier to time than a 29 tott. Obviously there is a difference in Key levels, but that will always be the case in every season

The only thing wrong with tot is the 3rd boss in tyrannical, and certain affixes on fortified.

Nothing else.

The gauntlet hurts, that’s for sure. Maybe have the blobs spawn a bit slower cause you cant drink/invi pot once your in it. But other than that its fine.

Maybe tune a bit the % of mobs to make it less linear and give skip possibilities. But this is a “fun” parameter rather than a requirement. Just to give it a bit more flavor.

What’s wrong with the 3rd boss? The tank damage is brilliant, if anything, all the other bosses should be buffed to deal similar damage to the tank.

The flame shock is literally the only mechanic the healer has to worry about. No other unavoidable damage is happening in that phase. The damage is highly predictable and you can dispel every second one.

Im a healer, so I care. And damage is highly unpredictable in high Tyrannical weeks.

Not the dot, the initial damage is a problem for me. Simply because in a 26 Tyranical, the initial damage + 1 tick of the dot can 2-shot a person.

And I dont have instant cast heal “nukes” for that. So I have to spend 1, 1s cast for a Healing Surge to keep that person alive, and sometimes its just too late.

Normally, in other bosses (the Etch from the witches in Fortified WM for example) I can see who will be targeted. So I pre-cast my heal such that it lands right when it needs to land. Or pre-cast Earth Shield on that person to get a -6% DR. Something.

Cant do that in 3rd boss. So a “good run” or a “bad run” depends on if I have 3 DDs that stack vers or not. Which is lame IMO.

1 Like

The timer is fine i think, its more the insane dmg from the trash.

99% of the playerbase doesnt give a sht how anything affects players doing 31 keys, thats a newsflash for you, the game should be balanced around the majority playerbase

Spoken like a true dps.

guess what:
I am not one of those players doing 31 keys.

So if anything the game should be balanced around 20 keys as they are the max reward.
If we would care about lets say 97% of the player base, then you would even nerf +11 keys because most people probably playing around that level.

Sorry to break it but 99% of the player base plays like complete garbage. If players at 20 play like garbage compared to the top players (including me) and that is fine because we are not out for competition.

If 20 keys are so easy that I even time them with horrible players that die 500 times, then it kills my fun as well. I don’t have much interest to push higher as there are no rewards anymore and yea I am kinda reward driven.

Point still stands, game would be absolutely terrible if we balance around the majority of the player base.
Imagine balancing around DPS players that never use kicks, CC and do 100k dps in AOE pulls. AND YES that is the majority of player with 100% certainty.

1 Like

I understand that, however, the game is not, will not, and should not be balanced around anything that happens over +20.

Everything over +20 is for vanity and testing your limits. Yes, some dungeons will be easier to do at the highest level, and some will not. But as long as they are challenging but doable at +20, then they can be considered balanced.

70% of my runs I tank, about 20% of my runs I heal and I DD 10% of the time. I just hate waiting for invites, I don’t have fully geared characters.
You could not have been more wrong.

Yet it is not wrong to expect some kind of balance. A minority plays pokemon wow edition, does that mean it should not be supported? No it doesnt.

Regardless if you’re someone who just does HC dungeons or a WF raider you are right to expect things from the game.

And saying if something is somewhat doable at 20 then its balanced is a ridiculous thing to say… by the same token all specs can do +20 so therfor all classes are balanced? That is utterly ridiculous.

1 Like

I have a problem with this. And I think you are misguided.

Should dungeons be balanced at ~20? YES. I agree.

What I dont agree is that there are a lot of players that have much, much higher skill and gear for a 20. They just dont want to go any further because there are no rewards. And THAT is fair. You do with your game time whatever you wanna do.

However. The lack of rewards has nothing to do with difficulty, or balance tuning.

Today, those individuals running 20s squew the population and intended difficulty. Should you take them out of the equation, you see that for the intended player, the mechanic of the 3rd boss of ToT is equally challenging, for the same exact reasons it is for me.

1 Like

Right, if this is what you got from my reply, then that’s on me, I should’ve worded it better.

Actually, yes. Because if you don’t accept that, then where do you draw the line? 5% damage difference? 1% damage difference? 0.0001% damage difference? How are you going to measure utility, like c-ress, BL, roar?

This is a slippery slope and all you will achieve is that every single class will be capable to do and play like identically. After that, we can delete them and keep one.

I mean, I don’t disagree with this.

The only thing you are wrong about is that there is no reward for doing over 20. There are achievements, chance at extra loot and score.

Not sure how the rewards come to the balance and difficulty argument.

There is extra loot, but why bother when you can get it on an 18+ as well. And giving more ilvl loot on an infinitely scalable content is not sustainable. It would disrupt the raid meta. The only meaningful reward is the 0.1% title.

And last time I checked in raiderio, the 0.1% are ~ 1300 people. No more.

Changes that could be made: Add title and mounts to 1%, 0.5%. Give some intermediary step rewards. As it stands today, you get your +20 ports and achievements, and then, the “next tier” is given to you after completing every dungeon on +28. That is a TON.

Also, to fight against the ever present “meta” those cutoffs should be per spec. In my case, I have to be the top 1%, 0.5% and 0.1% top Resto Shaman. Easier to get with off-meta specs. Harder with meta specs.

Thats what I would do.

Just playing with bad tanks probably, I don’t have issues in any m+ key with good tanks. They have severe impact on how your m+ run will go.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.