Khadgar H 846 A 1506
Neptulon H 221 A 1,155
Nordrassil H 810 A 1507
Skullcrusher H 635 A 153
Stormrage H 824 A 1,881
Vek’nilash H 670 A 834
Xavius H 568 A 216
Zenedar H 1,275 A 293

Some other servers are also low pop, like Agamaggan (H 513 A215) even though they are listed as medium. this may be because it is linked to Crushridge, Bloodscalp, Twilights-Hammer, Hakkar and Emeriss. many of the low pop servers are linked, my own Ghostlands is linked to Dragonblight.

But taking our joint server… only 41 guilds have killed at least one uldir boss on HC, and only 57 have killed ANY boss in uldir normal or above. ok ok, a lot of people may be raiding of mixed groups, or pugs whatever, but this is a bad statistic.
Out of the 57 raiding guilds, only 17 are horde, and NONE had done more than 3/8M. one ally guild has, in the last 2~ weeks killed Devourer and Vectis M to go 5/8M.
Placed 12th overall, my guild at 1/8M is 2nd top horde, and may become top if the top horde guild is breaking apart as is rumored. considering that we are a casual guild who puts real life first, this is a poor state of things on this server. and i bet this same situation faces each of the servers listed above.

Is it not time to merge these 25 servers together to 3-4 larger servers to let them have a better pool of people to recruit from? im sure blizz or maths wizards reading this would be able to choose the best make up so that both alliance and horde players will be moved to a server that gives them a large base of players they can play with as a guild or such like. obvioulsy we dont want massive servers like Draenor or Silvermoon to avoid the excess lag, but servers of… say 10K-15K players should create no lag?

Skullcrusher for example, only having 153 alliance players is poor. we have more than 150 unique players in my guild alone apparently!! (more than 25% of Ghostlands horde population) even when combined with Al’Akir and Xavius (the other servers linked to Skullcrusher) alliance only have 531 players total. this cant give players a good playing experience.

or is blizz going to stick to its plan of letting people either pay to server transfer or just quit the game?

NOTE (i didn’t include 58th placed Element cause i dunno how they killed Vectis without killing any of the first 4 bosses)
Population data taken from wowrealmpopulation com
Guild rankings taken from wowprogress com

13 Likes

Not going to read all that but yes, more connections.

5 Likes

doubt it will happen, its an issue that’s been going on for 14 years now.

the most we’ll get is small realms being connected.

connected or merged. as long as guilds can find more players. and as an aside, things like the AH would benefit also. but the main focus is guilds not being able to recruit etc

1 Like

I think they’re slowly going to go towards a mega server. The char database and AH is still tied to realms and caused issues this launch. If this new AH update is a regional one we’ll know for sure.

am i wrong in thinking a mega server would be a bad idea? atm when i log on my alliance toon on Silvermoon, opening the guild bank always lags. or do you mean mega sever in comparison to what we have, ie. several mega servers (not just 1) instead of 50+ servers?

2 Likes

We almost essentially have that already with sharding. Only the character database and AH are tied to the realms. Communities are cross realm guilds.

If they make a regional AH and central database then we’re sorted. Characters could still have the realm name attached for uniqueness.

i dont see why the database should be beyond their skills to deal with.
The AH is in bad shape and i have no idea how easy or hard it would be to sort.
Communities are a poor replacement for guilds in my own opinion. especially if they only hold 100 people? or am i wrong?

as long as guilds can operate healthily then thats the main goal.

Merging a database is the easy thing. Getting a way for tens of thousands of people to access it without causing issues is the problem. The issue with the large servers at launch was not sharding but getting the info from the realm database.

I have no doubt Blizzard could do it but would it be worth their effort.

They did acknowledge the issue in one of the Q&As, they’ve not taken any action yet.

1 Like

Merge alonsus too

i didn’t look at Alonsus sorry. i only looked at the english language servers listed on the log on screen as low.

If it falls in the same category, then sure this and all others like it should be helped. CRZ does not help guilds unless they are lucky in having all they need already.

as i dont do mythic raiding, maybe the acutal fights are just hard, (which would be nice again, though the top groups cleared them weeks ago so…) but i had a quick skim over some of the other servers and many also seem stuck on the 3/8M point. if this is because the fights are just hard, then thats ok. but if its cause they just dont have numbers, then that is the issue that needs to be fixed. the guild behind us in rankings is probably way better than us as they were basically server firsts on all bosses, but they dont seem to have enough players to do M+, as a guild anyway.

either way, when a guild like ours has over 700 toons or so, of which at least 150~ are unique, and then some servers only have a population of a few hundred or less than a thousand, there is obviously an issue.

whether you merge, join, superglue or whatever method is needed, “servers” need to have vitality to them which exists IN the server, not an illusion like sharding and CRZ. like someoneelse says, we can watch and see how the AH change goes, and then if it does not look like they are doing anything, then all players from these low pop servers need to get on blizz’s case. DONT pay to server change cause you make it worse for everyone, and you would have to pay for each alt. while each server pop may be low, the combinded population of the servers above would be a loud noise. surely we are totally tired of dead servers now?

2 Likes

If they weren’t so greedy, they could allow account transfer once the server reaches certain amount of players for those that want to leave, lets say last Sunday on a particular month.

2 Likes

Whaaaaaaaaat? And miss all the profit from realm transfers? U crazy?

They did in the past and very few people took them up on it. People complain about high pop realms but they dont want to leave them.

Come on man! We are talking about Low pop not over populated ones. Please pay attention!

By not giving them this, they are forcing them to spend money or stay and play with ghosts of those that were :frowning:

Why would people leave an already low server. That just makes the problem worse.

Do you not understand what the OP is saying???
Instead of merging, which will cost money I offered a different solution where people can choose themselves.
Do YOU want to be in a server of 2k people?
Now I want you to go back to the top and re-read what the OP is saying…

No, not more connections. Merge the realms physically and skip all the phasing and sharding BS.

2 Likes

Should have been done ages ago. Not sure what’s the deal with “server identity” and all that stuff when everything is cross realm. If it wasn’t for the character limit and character naming issue I would lump them all into a new realm.

1 Like