Time to update Lightning Bolt animation?

hello everyone, now that Dragonflight is on the horizon I was wondering if anyone else wants Lightning Bolt animation to be updated or if I’m in the minority? the current animation feels so bad compared to the new animation that the trog mobs are using inside the new dragonflight dungeon: Legacy of Tyr, and there is also mobs in darkshore that uses the same lightning bolt animation. It just feels so bad casting lightning bolt compared to other classes that has flashy animations.

here is an image from another thread that shows the updated lightning bolt animation I’m talking about:

Updated Lightning Bolt Animation

3 Likes

At the time it got terrible feedback, some people liked it but there were a lot more vocal people that couldn’t stand the new animations.

Here’s the Wowhead video of the animations: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7lC83PbukY

I personally am on the fence about them, but I can’t see why they didn’t just implement them and add glyph for the old animations…

1 Like

I remember that, but the one I’m showing you is a different animation, there is a glow around the casting hands and the lightning projection is more dense. What I’m wondering is that every time they make a new mob or NPC in the game that casts Lightning Bolt they give him this new animation which shows that they do like it at least, so why not change the current 2d gif lightning bolt we have at the moment to the updated one?

1 Like

Can we actually have lightning bolt, instead of single target chain lightning ?

3 Likes

Bump. Ele shaman is looking to be pretty fun going by the new talents, but I agree that the current lightning bolt and chain lightning animations feel so bad. Would love to see an update on these!

2 Likes

Yea, some spells, especially lightning bolt looks like crap. Flat 2d texture thats low resolution to boot.

Also, frost shock, especially when amped up with icefury should look more menacing with the damage it does.

2 Likes

Shamans were about to get good lightning animations, but some crybabies (who would rather have animations from 2004 kekw) made blizzard backpaddle. It’s so sad how vocal minorities ruin it for everybody.

4 Likes

the thing is, we did not even get the 2004 version (which is way better than what we have now), we got the absolute worst version of lightning bolt in the entire game which is actually mind boggling…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.