Timegating sucks, stop defending it and sugarcoating

How is having a weekly cap on Torghast different from raid lockouts? Can you imagine the burnout that will come from not having them? Top guilds will demand multiple raids A DAY, every day.

Unlike AP, Torghast is not a linear progression. You don’t have to level up your heart of azeroth from level 1. No matter how late in the expansion you come you’ll always be doing relevant content to get the legendaries that you want.

Sigh, who are you kidding? These forced gates are for one thing only; more continues subscriptions.

That someone dies because they forget to eat, drink and sleep; whose problem is that?

3 Likes

No offence but do you really crave being a no lifer that bad?

Quite opposite.

1 Like

Joke on side.

Ion Hazzikostas : we though if we make ap grind mathematically pointless people will not do it ,but they did.

Albert Einstein : 95% of people simply doesn’t understand exponential scaling.

No problem is not in system ,problem is in people . If someone want’s to grind like robot just to be 1% stronger over "casual " player so be it !
I don’t care nor will i bother to grind.

3 Likes

But then the question is why would they make a mathematicslly pointless AP grind in the first place?

1 Like

To prevent situation in which people with too much free time could become too powerful over average player.
And i agree ! BFA AP grind and 30% weekly catch up was spot on.

But they could have just put a cap like they did in previous patches.

I agree that 30% weekly catch-up was fine though, but the infinite trait is just pointless garbage.

1 Like

Yeah i agree,but then OP would complain about time gating.

Yup, and if not for the players, blizzard would be doing it to protect themselves against addiction claims being filled against them.

My problem with timegating is this.

Some people don’t have much time to play but on certain days they get to play for a very long time, in this cases students, shift workers and the like and in these certain days I want to play to my hearts content… but I can’t because there is an artificial cap or " time gating " a smooth cap.

An example of things like this is world quests, I can do world quests on day 1, day 2, day 3, day 4, 5 , 6 and 7 and I can complete let’s say a 100 world quests this way in 10 hours spread-out through the week.

But if I take a 12 hour gaming session on say, Saturday I can probably finish 20-40 worldquests at max, it’s the same time spent and I’d argue I even spent more time in my case, yet I was significantly less rewarded because of said system.

Now world quests is abit of a niche argument to use, but I think they’re sufficient to represent my issue.

Another problem I have is timegated storylines.

If I wanna roll through the story line in 1 long session in 1 go then I should be able to, it sucks to get 30 mins of content every week, and it makes no sense to " just wait till it’s all out then " and it sucks that even if I wait till it’s all out there are times were I can’t even do it in one session because… nested time gates like sending missions, waiting for troops, waiting for world quests etc.

You can have a go at raid as many times as you want, until the boss is down.

I reckon, you cannot do the same on Torghast untill very late in the game?

I mean if I finish a no mask run, I still wasted my chance as a 5 mask run in visions and it’s probably the same in Torghast, although I’m not against limitedness here to be honest as long as it’s not ridiculous or locked behind boring repetitive and irrelevant content ( looking at you laggy pandaria and lame uldum )

Define a no-lifer? I know plenty of " no-lifers " who are very successful and well established people in life.

It’s not my fault some people can’t control themselves and want others to do it for them.

Also, there are parental controls present.

Also, people still play this game for just as long as before the caps and time gates, only their progression is exponentially slowed once they reach a certain point and is put on hold because someone complained that others got way stronger than them.

2 Likes

From a business perspective Time Gating is very much needed… else we’ll be having people saying there’s nothing to do after they’ve played 24/7 from patch launch grinding out stuff…

1 Like

I love time-gating! Cheer for time-gating :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Idk. I mean was it really the time gating in first 2-3 expansions that kept players from leaving.

but after i kill the boss it is gate into next week to get a drop again, i can’t repeat the same boss all the times for the gear i want with the affixes i want.
that is also a timegate it is a good one in my opinion.

it is there to make the world seems like it moves forward.

That same is right for the visions though?

First 5 masks is 470, then you get the 4 mask reward if you didn’t and it keeps decreasing.

I mean that is kinda an nonsensical argument when so far the game doesn’t try to be consistent with events.

timegating is there for a reason, one is to balance the stuff you can get in a given timeframe.

now that you don’t have very many days it is to bad for you, but i don’t want a game where i can get to 480+ ilvl in day 1.

now you don’t liking timegating then i guess most mmorpgs are not for you, as most have some form of it

They do contradict themselves, actually.

The grind isn’t over just because you can’t do any more of it right now.

Just because I have done my 5 daily quests does not mean my reputation grind is done. I’ve just been delayed arbitrarily. At the end of it I don’t feel like I’m done with anything other than my “daily chores”. I haven’t actually been rewarded with anything, and I don’t feel like I’ve made any progress.

The whole point is that grinds should be short and sweet, and there should be a lot of them, so that every single time I log into the game I feel as if I can get something done.

1 Like

Time gating wouldn’t have been so bad if it weren’t for the mandatory login each day.

Dailes and weeklys should accumulate so that you can catch up if you miss a week.

2 Likes

Obviously not, but it’s different with a new game where people played even if there was no content. After 16 years, you can’t expect people to do the same. Without timegating they would unsub as soon as they no life farm what they want.