Titan residuum from weekly chest

I think its fine because difference between 9 and 10 is massive, and current state promotes more people to do 10s.

its more motivating to do 10 and more in the current state than it would be if 0 gave 550 titan residium.

only downside is, pushing to 15 doesnt really reward proper titan residium.

In doing it in time, indeed. You get a new affix. But that is not what TR or the whole weekly chest is looking at :thinking:

to make it short.

someone who doesnt do 10s, shouldnt have access to mythic azerite gear easly.
that’s it.

Oh I agree on that. It is just that this is the only resource of getting azurite anyway. I have no idea why we can not get it from M+ dungeons, and that it does not just scale per 5 ilvl.

And I can not explain the 3 times higher reward for a +10 than a +9. It is not that finishing a 10 is that hard, comparing with a 9 in time. I would even say a 9 in time is harder.

Edit:

Isn’t every next level 8% more difficult than the previous? Not taking affixes into account.

not really. raids, and pvp also award azerite afaik, and world quests + emisaries.

you get the level of item you need to do content you’re doing.

again. its simple, blizz doesnt want people who dont do “high” content to get mythic rewards in 3-4 weeks.

no

2 +10%
3 +21%
4 +33%
5 +46%
6 +61%
7 +77%
8 +95%
9 +114%
10 +136%
11 +159%
12 +185%
13 +214%
14 +245%
15 +280%

this is from legion, but you get the point.

Oh it is 10% per level.

Edit:

+9 = +114
214 x 1.1 = 235.4

rounding issues: 136% for a +10.

So a 9 is “low” content and a 10 regardless of the timer is “high” content? That is the fine line of distinction?

1 Like

9 is low
10 is “high”.
15 is high.

Whats is a 2?

Except the current 9 is a 12 of last week. Does it make it “high”, or last week 10 that were the “high” content were in fact “low” content?

Based on the logic provided by Bukachu, I suppose “faceroll” or “drinking bird” content

ill repeat since it wasnt clear

9 is low
10 is “high”.
15 is high.

hopefully its more clear now.

low

It is same with PvP rating. You get increases in item level in your weekly chest based on the number of you rating. Nobody cares if you are 1 rating below.

Same with real life. You either pass or fail the exam. Nobody cares if you fail by 1 point or 30. You just simply failed.

So stop crying and start pushing.

the cut of has to happen at some point, between “low” keys and “high” keys. With the new lvl 10+ affix, i honestly think that the difference between 9 and 10 is pretty large, we can +2 a +9 key, but fail a +10 (looking at u temple) because the affix makes the dungeon a lot harder.
the cut off between “next to nothing” TR and 600+ TR happens to be between 9 and 10. My question is, if your doing <10 keys, do you really need enough TR/week to buy a 400 itm lvl azerite piece? Is a 400 piece every 2/3 weeks not enough? or a 385 a week? As you do more <10 lvl keys you get better, get more gear and eventually will be able to complete a +10 for more TR. I hope your the same guy but Bukachu, is a mythic progression raider, for whom 400/415 itm lvl azerite is mandatory to do the content he is doing, and equal to the itm lvl of azerite gear dropping from the content he is doing. If your a normal raider/casual mythic+ runner etc, 385/400 is equal and enough for the content you do, 415 will be nice but its not mandetory for you to enjoy the game. Or do you only enjoy the game when you get high itm lvls to faceroll non-highend content?

1 Like

In that logic you could question why a +10 = 410 gear and a +9 = 405, and not just 370 or something. You should expect some ‘lineair’ reward curve. Like also difficulty is ‘lineair’ (ever new level is +10%).

(It is not lineair, since the 10% is stacking all the time, actually creating a curve. but still get the point, and the +10 should be the reward of the 9 +10%).

The cut off is also between 6 and 8. Apparently a 6 rewards 80 residue while a 8, 205. Is a +8 3 times harder than a +6? Again, don’t think so.
I think the increase in reward should be more linear, as it is for the ilvl of the gear reward.
Especially because the 600+ residue is for clearing a 10 regardless of the timer, not just in time. You get the reward even if you fail it, and with the new reaping affix failing the timer gives you a colossal buff to help you clear the rest, not exactly what i call “high content”. It’s more just “we have time, let’s wait for the timer to expire and gg”.

Also, you’re implying that since I can’t clear a 10 each week, i should be happy with a 400 RANDOM (which can then be totally useless or not worth as an upgrade due to how crappy blanced are the traits) every 2-3 weeks.
I’d like to point out that i can clear a 10: most of the weeks i did not due to time reason, like many many other players do. I raid most night of the week, I can clear heroic content and do a bit of mythic raiding. I have more issue with m+ because being a Ret pala, i’m not that desirable in pug groups, so it takes me forever to find a group when my schedule won’t align with the one of my guildmates and my game time is generally limited.

Basically, I’m being punished with much less fundamental gear choices than other simply because i have less time than then and my spec isn’t blessed with special m+ “makelifeeasy” utilities. If you think that this is okay, the discussion can end here.

All this would be less stupid if the vendor had options to choose a set piece for all the 3 ilvl brackets, with appropriate costs. Why blizz choose only to give the 415 is a mistery. Let’s hope that the 8.2 changes will fix some of this crap.

4 Likes

That’s pretty much how the system works. Do a +10 every week for the maximum rewards from the weekly chest.

1 Like

Thats the same as saying ‘I could clear mythic if only i would put in the time and effort.’

Mate, then put in the time and effort or live with not getting top notch gear.

Then run with guildies/friends that you raid with?
This week we ran with a warri friend, despite him being a warrior and not a DH.

No Mythic raider is gonna spend TR on any specific 415 item for a few months, have you seen those prices? Though i have to agree, all iLvL brackets should provide specific pieces for a higher price. But for a specific 400 ilvl piece you will probably pay more than a random 415 piece, so why safe TR for a lower iLvL piece?

The increase in difficulty isn’t linear either.

Well, to get a +10 key you have to play a +9 in time, so i think it’s fair to assume that it should reward substantially more TR.

A 9 in time is harder than finishing a 10.
A 10 is only 10% harder than a 9, but the reward is 3 times higher (+200%) for a 10.

1 Like

No mistery. Its to shaft pvpers

1 Like