Titanforge was a genius move

That is cute parroting youtubers, reality is, unfortunately, often disappointing.

Every piece of gear can be directly translated into number (dps increase vs empty slot) - this is the disappointing part.

You don’t care about sockets/tertiary at all. You care about end result = said number.
There is no layers, this is completely irrelevant.

In current system you have static numbers.
Titanforging added fluidity from 0 - 2% percent versus baseline.

Case closed mystery solved.

I don’t consume WoW youtube and I really think it’s a stretch to claim that only a youtuber could come up with such a rebuttal
Even if it was the take of a Youtuber, that youtuber is right
Or are you going to deny that Titanforging, like gear, happens or not?

Sockets and tetriary add to the end result
A system that gives me a mythic ilvl ring in the first week of an expansion from a WQ is busted and needs to never return

1 Like

They should literally add back badges of whatever so you can just buy the items form a vendor. Why they removed that I never understood. Or just not make the valor upgrades be gated by mythic+ timing, just make higher iLvL pieces cost more. It would still be very grindy if you want full BiS gear through it, but AT LEAST YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE WORKING TOWARDS A GOAL.

2 Likes

the only mystery theres to solve is -> trying to min max/get right stats during WF/TF was more frustrating than current system.

Reason at least right now your 226 ilvl item is better than your 210 ilvl you get from finishing +15.

The only fix they need was valor points and they are introducing them in 905

this…and hopefully they’ll do it right

This could never happen because TF was capped before mythic raid was released so you are in fact lying.

No, it is not. It is a take of people that never really understood math.

Now do the math yourself what is the overall difference between levels if your usual dps is around 4k. Let me explain:

20 dps in 200-203 is a whooping 0.5%

Nobody did that. Nobody actively farmed for TFs. People simply ran content and got unexpected upgrades because TF item that usually would be trash, were in fact better than their baseline bis. Now that cannot happen so you are not interested in anything that doesn’t drop bis.

I don’t see how this an arguement in any way shape or form for or against titanforging

First week of BFA, 385 ilvl ring from a WQ, which was the mythic raid ilvl in the first patch
That said;

I’m simply feeding you your own logic

? the ? the? of course you farmed for it…you farmed that specific item that you wanted to TF…thats what min maxing is?? you dont go … oh nvm ill go mythic raiding with 180 TF piece cause the 210 that drops from mythic is lower dps and i actually dont need it???

1 Like

Horrible M+ system that showered bad players in mythic raid or better gear for 2 expansions is what created these entitled crybabies. Even in Shadowlands it’s much easier to gear up through M+ vault than by Mythic raiding.

1 Like

Again, this could not happen. Global item level is capped to heroic before mythic is released. You are lying

And I explained why you are wrong. Item level is meaningless. The percentage power difference it does to your character is what is important.

No. Nobody in our mythic raid team did that. Even the most hardcore farmers.

Which is inherently tied to ilvl
I really don’t get what you’re trying to say here

I may have been off as its been 2 years, but it was very early in the expansion, mythic raid week itself at the earliest
Even if it was not in the first week, a system that gives me mythic raid ilvl gear from a WQ is busted and should never return

Actually no, it doesn’t tell me anything. You are trying to invent some fact out of nothing. First, there are no sub numbers. Second, there is no indication of a correlation between sub numbers and titanforging that can be made. So if you want to demonstrate something based on that, you better bring up some actual data, not your imagination. I refuse to engage based on what you dream up at night.

Right now, you’re the forum whiner. So shush with that.

Back to the topic: I couldn’t care less what you got in BfA, what item level you had or the rest. I am stating my stance, which is simple: titanforging was at the top of my list of reasons to unsubscribe in both Legion and BfA. It’s gone now, therefor I am pleased and I like the game and am happy to pay for it and play. Should it return, I’m out. It was trash and should stay in the trashcan.

First of all, 233 weapons from pvp don’t come for free. Not everyone can get 2.4k+ rating, but yes it’s nice for those who can, same as for those who can get 10/10 mythic raiding, a lot of nice loot comes their way, including their own shot at 233 weapons.

Second: all of us on the forums make our own point of view public. Nobody speaks for everyone. I am perfectly comfortable to speak for my own, seems to me you’re trying to project yourself as some sort of advocate, which you are not. Get a grip.

Third: as I said, I am all for a better m+ loot system, so long as it isn’t titanforging. Bring vendors with currencies, deterministic loot, I am all for those. Not for that las vegas system aka titanforging.

3 Likes

Literally zero reason to do M+ this xpac. I tired to run a quick key before reset last night but at the first sign of trouble everyone just said it wasn’t worth it and left, I wasn’t even upset I totally agree.

220 upgrades AFTER KSM isn’t going to fix it. Devs have been railroaded by mythic raid teams and streamers, statistically the most out of touch segment of the playerbase.

2 Likes

I never had problem with TF…or WF but i don’t miss it somehow
yes i hate new gearing system and same RNG with vault but hey maybe they will fix their game somewhere in the middle so we can play again fun wow

Ofc it was a genius move. To be removed. It was so bad it gave players more bad feelings then good ones. Imagine dropping TF item with wrong stats. Or dropping good item but some1 else dropped it with TF. No fun.

1 Like

Dood, if blizzard changes scaling that item level is +9001 ilvls but only gives you 0.5% difference is what i am talking about. Like currently +3ilvls is ~ the same as +5 in previous expansions.

Now you are changing narrative. So you did not get mythic ilvl ring in first week. That is a step forward.

Now tell us how much dps it gave you and how many of those lucky TFs you got. If you are going to say just one, better stop responding.

I was an always will be a fan of TF. I know I am in the minority but it gave me a chance to bridge the pugging ilvl gap. It made running normal (and even lfr) worth it. However with the loot drops as they are now it wouldn’t matter, I rarely get what I need and (apart from 2 items) all my stuff is vendor or vault.

I’d rather they fix drop rates (weapons looking at you - still not a single SL weapon drop for me - TW raid my only one)

But I like TF and it wasn’t the big deal some make it out to be there were no LFR heros with full Mythic sets, you got one maybe two upgrades from it.

Lots of gatekeeping in the thread

Doesnt matter, stats doesn’t matter, you only care about dps increase vs an empty slot.

You are not in minority, we know that from a sharp decline of more casual playerbase.