To Role-Play, or not to Role-Play

THIS IS THE LAST ROLE-PLAY ORIENTED SERVER.

SO STOP STRESSING OUT.

Blizzard, IS NOT GOING TO SHUT IT DOWN.

Role-Play is a very old practice, which has its ups and downs. The story repeats itself. Take an interest in history, and you will understand what i mean. RPG means Role-Playing Game. World of Warcraft is a MMORPG, which means Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Role-Play is also a practice that has played a very important role in the development of RPG video games.

About the transfers FROM an other server :
Hydraxian Waterlords is a Role-Play server for Role-Players, not for players who may spoil this environment. Still, there are specific relative server rules, but everyone is relax about these, Blizzard included.

About the transfers TO an other server :
We don’t want to see a lot of BOT characters, farming our resources, for some people to make real money using these.

It’s simple. Authorize transfers, and Hydraxian Waterlords will not be a Role-Play server anymore.

If you are looking for an other experience, which does not include Role-Playing, but more PvE, you are free to create a character on an other server. I did this to play with a friend from time to time, and believe me or not, it’s easy to quickly get the best gear on any high population server. You will be fine.

But the environment of the higher population PvE servers is just not the same, and i don’t like it. So, I TRIED ! … I still play on one of these, though it’s only sometimes, to have fun with that friend …

Don’t worry, you can have your current main character multiplied by 20 on a high population server. No kidding. Just give it a go. It’s an online video game, and you will have fun doing this all over again. Many of you act as selfish people. Realize how lucky you are to have the opportunity to play to an online video game like World of Warcraft !

YES, there is a Role-Play community, and i Role-Play everyday. I’m a member of The World Tree, and the Lilien von Stratholme guilds. I am proud of this.

NO, most of the Role-Players are not always online, but we are using an instant messaging social platform to meet and to organize our in-game events while sharing our stories.

YES, sadly, most of the population is absolutely not interested in Role-Playing or expanding its imagination.

Alliance side, i can run Titan Rune Dungeons until 1 AM and more, and there are Raids.

If the majority of today’s gamers is not interested in taking some time to Role-Play, or to have a diligent discussion, so be it.

Just be patient, or make a choice … It’s for the best.

3 Likes

There are more players interested in RP servers than are currently on HWL, whether it’s active roleplay they’re after or just playing on a realm that has the feel of an RP server.

How many active players migrated away from HWL or Celebras when the server closures were announced and never returned? How many more left afterwards because of the effect that had? And how many of those would return if not for the outrageous price or server transfers?

Your belief that HWL is bullet proof because it’s the last RP server is misguided. I hope you’re right but at the same time I think you’re projecting what you want to be true. The fact that raids take place on the server is beside the point, if you have to assemble a significant percentage of the online max level players just to run a HC+ dungeon there is clearly something amiss.

Maintaining the status quo is only likely to prolong the server’s slow demise.

3 Likes

Last 25man raid on alliance just went under sadly.
All that is left is <Before “we’re here for realm first” Insanity>. Horde

We were on the chopping block once :slight_smile:
Doesn’t take much to send us back, doubt the person in charge is playing on our realm.

Celebras was murdered with a consistent raiding population of 100 people, and merged with our realm at a time when we had 0 active players.
(Celebras had more players than we do now)
Doesn’t make any sense, but here we are :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.