To us GMs that run the game

Hey Blizz,

I m writing here and not in my french forum to make sure you’ll read all this.

I am and have been running Guilds for like 15 years now. Right now i’m running a guild in TBC since retail was just a big pile of chores and i wanted out. We started this team in vanilla classic.

GM’s are party planners in a world where the only thing that is actually good is raiding. Remove raids from WoW, the game dies. And we are running small comunities that make people wanna stick together and keep playing. The reason you lose so much people is not only because the game sucks sometimes, it’s because those people’s friends are leaving.

We’re just sick and tired, us GM’s to have to run your game when clearly you are working against us. (and officiers)
For instance BFA was so bad we had people leaving our team everyday the servers were bleeding out, no content. Try holding it together for your team with so much adversity! We left the game.

And now we’re in classic. There should have been no problems at all i mean it’s a game for the fans, really it’s not some money grabbing crap.
Clearly i was wrong. I can make you a list of all the disrespectful stuff we had to swallow everyday to keep our team alive, a list of what makes people leave your game.
-Opening time for raids at midnight (Europe)
-Moving the raid’s opening time 90 min later without explanation
-Announcing the opening day for a new raid 2 weeks before. (Impossible for people to organize).
-Closing the Raid PTR without notice
-Giving no feedback on some known bugs reported on the PTR
-No easy possibility to give PTR feedback in europe
-Patch coming way too late for everything (KT /loot table)
-LvL Boosting
-Bots running free

I mean i could go on but i thought i just talk about the last month stupid things that show how much you have no respect for our time especially here in Europe.
How can you ship a product with known bugs that will clearly compromise the whole progress? Some guild will be and are shattered by Keal thas aggro wype bug.

Stop thinking you can get away with unfinished product, stop thinking that Europe don’t matter, and stop thinking that our time don’t matter.

We GM’s and offs as the big party planners of WOW are paying for all your stupid moves. And we’re getting sick and tired to have to pull it together for a game that won’t even respect the time we put inside of it. We are not paid to do that, We are not working for you, We are WORKING FOR OUR TEAM and you’re WORKING FOR ALL OF US.

4 Likes

Just to see if i understand this correctly, you are upset that they released the raid on nighttime? And if so, you HAVE to raid it the SECOND it opens?

I’ve seen loads of guilds who dont change their raid times, if the raid releases on thursday people will still raid in the weekend.

Besides, blizz is somewhat famous for not having a smooth release. Expecting to be able to insta logg and raid on the exact time, is sort of naive tbh.

What organization? People already knew that p2 would come eventually, alot of people already planned accordingly even without knowing release date.

yeah, that i can see could cause problems.

Yes… Blizzards inability to communicate with the players is just amazing tbh…

I liked it, and it was part of the reason i came back. But i feel like the reason most people dont like the level boost is beacause it makes botting easier.

This… How incredibly bad handling blizz has had with this, lol. It requires close to no investigation to figure out who is botting. Go sit in SP or hellfire and you can find loads.

I just wanna say that ptr for public should have never been opened.

Apso you dont have to raid on release if it doesnt fit you

1 Like

PTR stands for public test realm. Why should it not be open to the public?

The PTR is needed to identify bugs that won’t be fixed at any point before it launches or for months afterwards. The more people playing it, the more bugs will get picked up.

Because it wasnt used for testing, it was used for progressing content that wasnt out yet, for free, they cant just release ptr full raids for 2 months

1 Like

Right, how do you wanna find bugs in the new raids then? If people cant try out the new raids. You want the wow team to not have theese tests, and release the patch without any community feedback? Imagine the outrage about all the bugs on release day.

Besides, TBC is over a decade old, there has been lots of private servers, there are LOADS of people who have done this content for months already. Its not like the raids will be fresh anyway.

Who cares what the others do anyway? Why is it such a bad thing that people train/progress content that has no secrets?
If you want to experience it first hand, nobody is stopping you.

1 Like

So, no ptr on raids exists, it was until aq and no gamebreaking bugs occured, and even then you coupd do atleast the naxx style ptr frw bosses few hours, preferably no last boss.

Practicing raids for free with whatever char you want is just dumb, i can go play some insta pservers for that, your guild should progress raids where you actually use your gold.

I know the stuff about opening raids at midnight and later doesn’t concern that much people. But we are playing this game in a competitive way and all this makes our lives really harder.
And releasing the game at a proper time for everyone ensure a sane and fair competition for 1st kill.

But there really isnt a good solution for this, either 1 gets it in midnight or 1 gets it in 12:00

1 Like

Differed release. And progress is acounted in time since opening.

I bet youre the type of guy who tells in their CV that theyre a GM in wow kekw

1 Like

If I recall correct, BWL Classic wasnt tested on PTR (But was on the PTR during Phase 4 testning).
AQ wasn’t aswell, I think (?) - or perhaps was, and Naxx had different “nerfed” Wings every weekend (which allowed people to test for bugs easier, but gave little or atleast less in terms of “practise”).

But with the state of TBCC, not allowing for testing would leave us with a worse state than currently (which arrived with alot of bugs, despite of testing).

In terms of “midnight releases” they could atleast rotate or vary which zone gets the shorter or longer stick every now and then …

How does this affect you though? And how big of an issue is it really? Got any numbers on players participating in raids on PTR?

After classic, gold isnt an issue. People had 10’s of thousand of gold going into tbc. I even have epic flying ready for my alts at this point.

I assume you are pushing for world firsts then? Otherwise it really isnt an issue. If you push the raid 1 day or 3.

Yes, this is true. Allthough i dont know how many guilds actually go for world/server/region first.

Next in line for political correctness, the removal of “Master” from Game Master (GM).
As for Guild Leaders (GL), should be just fine.

Hard to say, i’d say quite a lot but compared to the total number of guild/raids i’d say it is still a small number

What kind of logic is this? lol.

“Public test realm shouldn’t be public”
What?

They let everyone the whole raid that is yet to come for month, thats not good at all

1 Like

So, how do they test the bugs and that?
Not that they fixed them all.
Does it matter whether or not other raid groups are raiding on the PTR?

Mc - aq no ptr needed
Naxx limited bossew for few h
T5 month everything
See the difference?

1 Like

You realise how buggy TBC is right now?
They’re mix matching patches with raids that was part of other patches.
There is going to need testing.

How exactly does other people raiding on the PTR affect you exactly though?
Do you want world first?
TBC has been out for 14 years.