To whom it may concern 2004 player highly concerned

To whom it may concern.

I am a 2004 player, previously I pre-ordered every blizzard game that came out since the 1990s.

I am concerned about the way things are going.

Long story short I was highly motivated to return to the game when WOW Classic came out, I highly enjoyed playing in gandling alliance even with a horde overpopulation.

At the end of wow classic it was clear that the server was going to die, major guilds were discussing migration, the community as a whole (ally side) ONLY spoke about this. I received multiple whispers everyday asking if i was migrating and where I would go.

So everyone started leaving soon the server was dead (ally side), horde soon to follow suit which resulted in a dead community. This has happened in multiple servers from what I have seen.

So I decided to migrate two of my characters from Gandling > Earthshaker, things were good for a while but I had to take a break due to real life pressing issues and I returned to an ONLY ally server.

Once again I balanced my options and decided to migrate again, now from Earthshaker > Firemaw which was yet anoher mistake.

I have tried to log on after my work hours to find 80-100 minute queues and a convenient prompt to “migrate”, this time I can migrate “free” not paying.

So my question is where do I go to, or should I just quit this game like thousands have already done.

Please SORT this out for WoTLK, I have contacted my real life friends and told them not to migrate or re-activate their accounts.

This is on you blizzard, I am asking kindly for you to solve these issues.

Balance your servers, create communities and remove paid transfers.

Sincerely.

Rat - Skullcrusher 2004
Rat - Gandling WoW Classic
RĂĄtt - Earthshaker Burning Crusade
RĂĄtt - Firemaw Burning Crusade

9 Likes

Change the topic to “not paying for transfers again” or something along those lines.

Also, i feel you. Why should you have to pay to play a game you’re already paying to play. Blizzard is protected by their EULA. The only option (apart from PCT) is to vote with your wallet. Unless they come up with a decent solution, like, yesterday.

The most disappointing thing about the server population / realm state is the complete lack of any comment what so ever from Blizzard.

It’s clearly an issue that the community wants / needs answers to.

The TBCC player population is higher in EU /RU than the US/Oceania region ( Ironforge pro number of active raiders / PvP ), yet we are lucky to get even a copy paste reply from a “Blue”.

From a 2004 player to a 2004 player:
You will not be missed. Buh-bye. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Nicolay - open beta in 2004, Venture Co. RP-PvP 2005, Sporeggar RP-PvP 2007, Zandalar Tribe RP-PvP 2019, Earthshaker PvE 2022.

The first part I do respect. But the latter makes me think you’re a tit. One of those losers preying on lowbies with out-of-nowhere ambushes. Somehow it makes me feel no compassion.

So to sum it up: (relatively) fair fight, I’m all in. Ganking - gtfo!

4 Likes

How about informing yourself before just transferring to a random server? Sounds like a you issue…

I will state that maybe it’s people like you that caused the server to become one-faction only… just saying.

5 Likes

Reading this thread reminds me of the next problem in this game.

Toxicity in the playerbase which is not blizzards fault.

I will go on to saying I solo gank, and I actively ganked in Gandling due to the massive inbalanced between horde/allys. (I was ally)

I did not gank in Earthshaker because of the massive ally population vs horde.

Having said this ganking is an in-game activity which is not illegal and moreover its part of a PvP game.

Toxicity on the other hand that goes on daily, specially passive agressive l33t kids should be illegal and its detracting from anyone wanting to join this game.

I can see that the likely choice is to end my account and go elsewhere.

Neither blizzard nor the playerbase is remotely alike to what I loved in 2004.

GLTU.

So you’re implying that ganking isn’t toxic at all?

3 Likes

If you want to make a topic about ganking perhaps you should do this and have a very profound discussion with people who care.

I like pvp servers, and no I do not see ganking 1v1 as toxic.

This post has nothing to do with ganking.

Editing my first post and please stop hijacking this.

Thank you.

3 Likes

It’s less offtopic than you think. These population problems have existed since early into WoW Classic’s lifespan and have solely concerned PvP servers. PvE servers - at least the EU English ones - have had an Alliance-biased but overall stable population since the beginning.

The problem is simply that PvP servers are a bad format. It worked, back then when pops per server were lower, people played more casually and didn’t have the same level of coordination (via Discord mainly) and knowledge that we have today. But nowadays it just doesn’t work without extensive micromanagement of populations (which isn’t likely to work to begin with, given how differently segmented the playerbase is), which only goes to show how bad the format is.

…it’s not? Although it is a very misused term. A lot of people just use the word to mean someone killing you on a PvP server which is obviously not ‘toxic’ unless the entire the idea of PvP is toxic. It’s shorthand for ‘gang-kill’ which I guess can be a toxic thing if it’s targeted, repeated and intended to grief. Still not against the terms of use though.

Ganking isn’t toxic :rofl:

Whether you like it or not, you made the topic about ganking with one stupid comment. People referred to it and disliked your attitude, which might have been one of the issues that cause what you’re complaining about.

So to cut long story short: this has a lot to do with ganking. Oooooorrr you just don’t know what ganking means and call proper outdoor pvp “ganking”, which would be a whole different story.

2 Likes

Server balance not a blizzard issue !

what i mean by that is :

People will be people or do you want blizzard to Forcefully decline people´s choices ?

If XyZ wants to move realm they are free to do so at the cost given for said move , or you think being totalitarian is a good thing ?

As for “ganking” that is commonly known to be HiGh lvl praying on lowlvl people and killing them repeatadly for 0 honor and being a douche.

2004-2015 - 2019-20xx

Players choice´s will always be player choice´s
ReRoll
Migrate
Play tibia
All individual choice´s

2 Likes

Why is it always Rogues, almost a by-definition toxic pvp class that always engage in and vehemently defend “outdoor wPvP”.
If you get opened on by a Rogue while engaging in an outdoor PvE activity, I’d consider it a “gank” even if it’s technically 1v1 and even at same level.

1 Like

Blizzard caused the issue by offering players paid character transfer.
PCT became a soft pay2play within a game that is already pay2play, unless you where lucky to be native of a current megaserver.

Sure, corporations wanna make money but it’s still a scummy move. Hence why players are pissed off and complain.

1 Like

I have never read anyone put it quite so precisely in as few words as this. That is exactly what paid transfers are. Soft pay2paly. Bravo.

And this here is unacceptable by blizzard.

Balancing servers is solely their job. Players should not have to migrate (paying) to balance a server population out.

They have the tools and information at their disposal to do this.

RAISE the subscription, or whatever needs to be done but fix it so when we log on we can PLAY THE GAME and not worry about these issues.

This is why we PAY to begin with.

WoW Alpha tester since 2002 here. I don’t really give much weight to the opinions of people who started as late as 2004.