Tome of Polymorph: Rabbit not purchasable - lvl squish bug

I wanted to get Tome of Polymorph: Rabbit on all of my Mages during the Noblegarden holiday event.

I came across an annoying problem: I can’t purchase Tome of Polymorph: Rabbit on my level 10 Mage despite the tome being usable at level 10. The error message says I should be 25 to purchase. I highly suspect this is a level squish issue. The item itself was correctly lowered so level 10s can use it, but the purchase requirement was not - or it is bugged in another way.

I can’t seem to be able to include pictures yet… so let’s try this:
https://i.imgur.com/YV4NcfI.jpg

You need to report it as a bug. I don’t know if it’ll be fixed in time for this year but they do fix these level squish things fairly quickly. Ingame red?/support/the first large pictorial button on the left which says submit feedback or bug report.
Make your report very brief with just the facts and, hopefully, it will be fixed.

Hey Raenold,

Thanks for reporting this. I’ve had a look at my own characters, and the item does not appear to have the “Requires level 10” line on the live servers. This could be an addon showing you the level requirement line or some other display issue in-game.

The item requires level 25 to be purchased. Before the level squish it required a character to be at level 60 to purchase it, and with the level squish it tracks correctly to require level 25 now.

I’ve checked this on a UI reset account and it says it “requires level 40”. So something is wrong somewhere.

Tried on another mage, it said “Requires level 27”, so it seems to say your level as a requirement not a fixed level.

Edit: tried three alliance locations and they all say your characters level not a single required level. I actually tried on three different mages, what can I say, I’m an altoholic.

2 Likes

Dottie’s on to something! It does indeed show your character level for some strange reason.

Regardless, you would need to be level 25 and above to purchase it. Thanks for reporting this!

1 Like

I’ve purchased it on a couple of my mages and I didn’t notice until I reached my smallest (yes, I’m an altoholic too :stuck_out_tongue:).

This is a very nice discovery though… Nice catch!