Reinforcing Keel Harbour! - (A-RP Hub) Gilnean Liberation Front

“Gilneas will rise again.” the volunteer said, as he gave the refugee his blanket. Eyes full of suffering, as the refugee put the blanket over the their ill spouse to keep them warm.
“Gilneas will be rebuild.” another volunteer spoke, as she put down the box of apples in front of the children. The children biting with joy, but their mother behind them full of misery in her ragged clothes.
“Remember Gilneas.” a medical volunteer mentions as she starts cleaning the wound of a refugee’s arm. The refugee looking back in defeat, his gaze to the dirt below has he mumbles: “We can try to remember… but I wish I could forget…” The medical volunteer gives the man a concerned look, then turns her gaze behind her. “Do not forget Gilneas.”, as a large Gilnean stands behind the wounded refugee.
The large shadow of Frederick Hawkcrest looming over the man, then as Frederick reaches down to the man’s height to offer him a bottle of water. “Never, ever forget our home kinsmen. For we, all of us will be home once again.” The wounded refugee takes the bottle of water and drinks it dry, he looks at Frederick and the volunteers behind him. “For we have endured much… far beyond what any of us could have imagined, but never forget King Greymane’s words. Gilneas will rise again…, and all of you will be able to make it happen.”

OOC Info:

The Gilnean Liberation Front is an RP Hub of Gilneas, a project to promote and host Roleplay in the region. Taking a little inspiration from Rogmasha’s Roaming Hub, we will strive for creating a hub to a united Gilneas community, not just one or two guilds cooperating together. In this project we will both promote both social roleplay and the more event/action roleplay.
https://i.imgur.com/x6E2U5J.png Here is the example map of multiple possible objectives. Keep in mind this is a CONCEPT and that not all of these objectives will be up at the same time.

Objectives:

There will be one Safehaven for RPers to come and enjoy social RP (Keel Harbour) and there will be several points of interest to have always have a theme to play out in the region. (for example: The Blackwald being tainted by corrupted witches or the Headlands have been overrun by a band of Ogres) These objectives will rotate on a weekly to monthly basis and be dealt with in events which will be held by anyone who feels up to the task.
These events will be announced in the discord and anyone in the community will be able to join to deal with the threat.

Social Activities:

Aside from these adventure/military events, this community wants to hold events that uphold Gilnean culture. Harvest Festivals, Hallow’s End, rituals and celebrations upholding the Harvest Witches, hunts and other fun events that will give the civilian role-play in Gilneas a chance. Keel Harbour itself is always meant to be a non-hostile environment in order to make sure civilian/social roleplay is welcome amidst the hostile region of Gilneas.

How can I join?

This community is welcome for everyone of the Alliance, not just Gilnean roleplayers! The theme of activities will be Gilneas and it’s surroundings, but of course “any friend of Greymane is a friend of us!”
If you’d like to be a part of this project, please join the Gilnean Discord :point_right:https://discord.gg/eJ86GBk

If you have any questions you will be able to ask them here, on the discord or if its really needed you can slide into my DMs at Hoaloha Khan#0018
Hope to see you all in the Gilnean lands soon. :smiley:

Upcoming public events:

Gilnean Harvest Festival
WHERE : Keel Harbour, near the seawater.
WHEN : Monday the 16th
TIME: Starting around 8.00 PM servertime.

Expect these certain activities to find during our Harvest Festival Event:

1. Honouring the fallen, with a dedicated moment of remembrance to Prince Liam Greymane at Aedric’s Repose. ( 9.00 PM server time )
  2. The Witchwood Druid, a hooded individual of the Old Ways. Get your fortunes told, if you can understand her odd usage of words.
  3. Mean Marl’s Corn-farm Shooting Gallery, grab the rifle and shoot the moving targets, consisting of monsters trying to get Granny Marl’s corn! Targets consists of corneating-zombies, plague-spreading forsaken and fast skeletal falcons. However if you can manage to find the secret target of Vincent Godfrey you will be awarded a special price!
  4. Gilnean Harvest means a Gilnean Feast! Enjoy a cheesy Gilnean White or a Honey-glazed mutton while drinking it down wih a Fortified Brandy.
6 Likes

Sounds cool. Good luck Brother. :heart:

3 Likes

Nightfall Brigade fully supports this undertaking and we will hopefully see many Gilneans joining up with the initiative.

Glory to Gilneas!

“Another gathering, Hawkcrest?” The nobleman mumbled as Frederick walked by. “Aye, it’s time our initiative will be known around the city. I’ve met enough Gilneans who are willing to sail north and fight the danger in our homeland.” As he put down the stacks of flyers for his assistant to pick up as he looked back through the window. The sight of the refugees in his gaze, “They deserve vengeance, and may it bring Gilneas back to the city it once was.” He sits back on his chair, already writing another set of letters to his fellow kinsmen.

This Friday there will be a peaceful rally once again, to promote the initiative.
When: 6 September, this coming Friday.
Location: North of Olivia’s Pond, aka the area where the refugees are gathered.
Time of the gathering: 20.00 / 8.00 PM server time (+1 GMT)
How: This will be another peaceful gathering, to have the same theme we had last time. We will make room for donations to the refugees again, but it won’t be as highlighted as much as previously done before:

1. Opening Speech
  2. Rally to Gilneas, a call to arms
  3. Closing speech and preparations for the journey to Gilneas

Below you’ll find the IC notice:

Sons and daughters of Gilneas, brothers and sisters from the Alliance, Gilneas has it’s city in ruins and it’s region full of danger. While we fight on multiple fronts with the Horde, the region of Gilneas is uncertain. Join us this evening at the Ninth bell to hear of our initiative, do bring a donation for the refugees as well.

For Gilneas!

signed by

Frederick Hawkcrest

1 Like

Really excited for this project! Gilneas will rise again!

2 Likes

The Gathering is tonight, hope to see your faces soon in-game!

Event will start in some 15 min!

Glad to see roleplayers in the Gilneas-Silverpine region getting busy; especially since you’re running this hub with the goal of bringing guilds in the area together!

Good luck, we hope to see you around!

Thanks mate! The community will soon begin to act in its fullness, probably with some sort of a social event in Keel harbor, for the soldiers, maybe a beggars Harvest festival event, as some on the community Discord have been speaking off. That might be the starting event that will start up our little community. From there, we will probably start hosting both social and combat events throughout Gilneas.

I’d would have certainly joined in on all this. However, my character is currently remaining on Kalimdor. Rarely would I venture away from there to Stormwind or Kneel Harbour.

But gladb to see this community doing something regarding Gilneas.

I would suggest you join the community Discord if you have not all ready, the freshest info will be posted there, so you are kept in the loop.

As the soldiers and volunteers hop on the ships to Gilneas, the feeling of coming home makes their heart beat very fast in their chest. To see the old home of Gilneans again, to feel that endless rain once again and to see the ruins of the city in the distance… home. Home that we will help to rebuild, to see the city stand once again and to experience Gilnean culture once more. The latter, however, may be witnessed soon enough as crates labeled “Harvest Festival” are seen being boarded onto the ship.

The GLF moderator hereby invite you all to the Gilneas Harvest Festival! Join our festive gathering where we will remember the fall of the City and remembering the fallen. Specifically during the Harvest Festival we will honour the coming day to the late Prince Liam Greymane(instead of the pilgrimage to Uther that’s shown with the ingame event)
WHERE: Keel Harbour, near the seawater.
WHEN: Monday the 16th
TIME: Starting around 8.00 PM servertime.

Expect these certain activities to find during our Harvest Festival Event:

1. Honouring the fallen, with a dedicated moment of remembrance to Prince Liam Greymane at Aedric’s Repose. (9.00 PM server time)
  2. The Witchwood Druid, a hooded individual of the Old Ways. Get your fortunes told, if you can understand her odd usage of words.
  3. Mean Marl’s Corn-farm Shooting Gallery, grab the rifle and shoot the moving targets, consisting of monsters trying to get Granny Marl’s corn! Targets consists of corneating-zombies, plague-spreading forsaken and fast skeletal falcons. However if you can manage to find the secret target of Vincent Godfrey you will be awarded a special price!
  4. Gilnean Harvest means a Gilnean Feast! Enjoy a cheesy Gilnean White or a Honey-glazed mutton while drinking it down wih a Fortified Brandy.

BEWARE, BEWARE! DANGER MIGHT LURK IN THE OUTSKIRTS!
Keel Harbour and it’s close surroundings are considered safe, however when traveling too far out one might find themselves in a dangerous position. We can only ensure your safety in Keel, so it is highly advised to remain in the harbour for the festival!

2 Likes

Awh, this is nice. I always respect and support Charities for Dogs without homes.

2 Likes

i hear battersea are a very good organisation to give to. (notorious british dog rehoming service/shelter)

2 Likes

I am certainly considering joining the discord. However, I don’t know if I will be sticking around it for too long. I am in enough discords as it is.

Thats up to you mate, your decision all together. But i think you may miss out on the activities that may or may not be announced there. Perhaps you can join the Discord and stay there and mute all channels except the Announcement one, so you at least get the news on whats happening. Dunno, thats my feel about it.

Anyway, concerning this event that will take place on the 16th, Nightfall Brigade will be making our trip to Gilneas over land on Wednesday, 11.09. We will start around 20.00 since our ship is full of supplies for the soldiers there and the festivities that will follow on the 16th. So all that wish to accompany us there (safety in numbers, you never know) may meet us at the SW gates around 20.00.

See ya there.

1 Like

We are home-bound tonight! 20:00 at the harbour, join us in retaking Gilneas!

Long live Greymane!

One more day until the festival!

Tonight is the night!

1 Like

(Hello to everyone, this will be an IC notification that can be found usually in most places Gilneans congregate, for all to read.)

“Throughout the day, on various notice boards, a rather large poster is seen, written in tight, uniform script, bearing only a sigil of Gilneas upon it, placed there by a person wearing a Gilnean tabard”

Proud Gilneans,

We have suffered greatly, first when our beloved Gilneas fell, then as we watched Teldrasill burn. And just as we are starting to retake Gilneas back from the hold of the wild animals, bands of rowing Forsaken and the Blight, a far greater danger has surfaced over our once great country. Death Knights. King Varian took in the walking corpses into our midst, believing they would be a boon against the Lich King. And they have served their purpose in that battle. But now, they have turned against the very Alliance that has taken them in!
They DARED rob the Gilnean graveyards of bodies that were laid there. They DARED to defile Aderics Repose, the late Prince Liam Greymanes last resting place. They DARED do something even the Forsaken dared not. And for a good reason. They have committed the worst kind of sacrilege imaginable. And our vengeance will be filled with righteous fury!

We, the stalwart defenders of Gilneas, call upon all those still loyal to Gilneas, and those we consider as our allies, to join us in Gilneas, in defense of our homeland, our living and our dead against this new scourge that has befallen us! Come and aid us in preventing these sacrilegious thieves in desecrating our dead!

Come and help us make our kingdom great once again!

LONG LIVE GILNEAS!

4 Likes