Took a trip to Argent Dawn

And I said some “OOC” stuff to a group of 8-11 people walking out of Stormwind, I kinda had the intent to mess with them but… One of them was pretty kind.
I apologized for ruining their RP and left to the interior of the city.
So, I saw for the first time actual RP in WoW.
How is it? It’s actually pretty cool and immersive.
Some people might know how some of the stuff I said in a certain topic about RP because of what they told ME, but seeing this just made me regret what I did and ultimately feel like apologizing to the RP community as a whole, and promise I won’t ever try and “grief” anything they do, since I find it pretty amazing and cool.
Although some of you really are too whiny and sensitive for your own good.
People will try and abuse that knowing exactly that, especially people who RP.
The group of people I met from Argent Dawn were a despicable bunch, many rather annoying and childish, but whatever.
What I wanna say is, keep doing your Roleplay, it’s pretty cool and makes Stormwind feel very much alive.
At the same time, ignore any OCCer you see.
A bully which has no attention, has no power.
If you ignore someone in real life long enough, they will simply let you go and give up, because what they’re doing is not very effective…
Though im STILL gonna be peeking with my lvl 1 human priest behind the trees at all of you, seeing what you say and whatnot.
Id love to join but RP seems like it takes a long time and whatnot.
That’s it.

8 Likes

It is in fact, not all about Goldshire :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Argent Dawn is a great realm, it really adds an atmosphere and generally RP is welcomed no matter your skill.
I think the best RPers will not stifle your creativity or use it as an excuse to limit their own, if players plan to troll in character you will typically get treated as “that crazy person”, if you get acknowledged.

There is a great RP scene on both Stormwind and Orgrimmar, typically prime time is best but every night I have seen players patrolling the city/outskirts even horde side.

It’s unique and I love it, it proves you don’t need to rely on FOTM content just to have a good time and immerse yourself and there is many guilds to suit your taste, including pve/raid/wpvp/bg/arena along side RP.

5 Likes

RPers definitely help make the world populated and more immersive. One of the biggest reasons why I am on AD.

10 Likes

Bit of context here for everyone else:

In the AD-subforum people are debating for days now about the server’s quality and how awful our GMs are by not reacting on the reports and outcry - which is quite true.

The topic got 1,5k posts within two days.

1 Like

It’s actually the only realm I really want to be. I have already written it in the actual topic but normal servers are too bogus with no class or etiquette. Everyone runs around like a goofball, the names are questionable at best (xXxGarroshxXx, as a stupid example) and it actually destroys the immersion.

These reasons are a big part of why I want to transfer all my Horde-characters to AD. It’s simply too goofy to stay there.

1 Like

I played two other realms prior and once I moved to Argent Dawn I have never looked back. There is a noticable difference and experience on Argent Dawn that you just cannot find elsewhere.

I’m actually incredibly grateful for the community function cross realm, I’m doing content with other realms guilds recently thanks to this, it’s like I get all the positives and no negatives and hopefully blizzard continue to expand on this.

On OOCers, it would be nice if players could ignore trolls and they phase out when they do so. Really it’s the extremes that are the worst, players on big mounts sitting on top of you, /yell non stop, just blatant disruption, could be fixxed with ignore phasing players out instead of more severe steps like banning/forcing transfers.

I wanted to try this out (at least cross-faction) but I really find it hard to step into these circles because some of them are really exclusive to say at least.

I tend to do the same when levelling an alt through an area and see RP going on, everybody rolls with it, because even RP’ers like me aren’t constantly ‘In Character’, we PvP and PvE, and Farm Rep (Don’t talk to me about grinding old reps!)
Most RP’ers in fact do ‘normal stuff’ during the day or early evening, then RP to wind down.

I’ll admit, I was fairly miffed at your comments on that post, but that was mostly due to referencing a certain -film- which, ugh, I read the synopsis of it and was like “This was allowed to be made? That’s…vile?”

Everybody makes mistakes, and fessing up to them is a mature thing to do, I’m glad you won’t be griefing events, to us its like those people who sign up for a Raid, or BG and just afk…Difference is, you can kick someone from a Raid or BG if you see what I mean.

I think that is largely due to the constant barrage of nonsense we have to put up with, like people assuming RP is all about Cybering (RP’ers are generally the least tolerant of ERP, we utterly detest Goldshire…)

That whole thread was a car crash before you got involved in it, and just descended further, I wouldn’t say anyone particularly covered themselves in glory in that discussion, but as you can see, we are pretty defensive of our hobby, especially as we are only one server left in the EU who really does RP, it does foster a (not entirely unjustified) bunker mentality.

Hah, never get seen by any of my characters, not out of spite, but because to me a person is there to RP with, whether level 120 with amazing Transmog, or level 1 in their basic gear. If they ain’t interested, I just leave them be, if not I’ll natter away IC to them, most of my characters are fairly sociable like that.

Less than you’d think. I mean it is easy enough to make a character, I mean the world Background is all there, it all happened, and so what if a character is level 1, everyone starts somewhere, your character may be a young Novice Priest, fresh out of Northshire Abbey, or an older character who may have seen war and battle, but due to age, or injuries is now following the ways of the Priesthood, so is new to being a -Priest-

Level isn’t an obstacle, the only way it is, is that higher levels give you better costume options, but even then, my level 120 Female Footman soldier is a veteran of just about every war lately, but still wears the level 1 starting jacket for Warriors when off duty and chilling in the city. (Trust me, as someone who has worn real plate armour at LARP weekends, you don’t wear it for comfort!)

I mean if you actually want to get into RP or dabble in it and see if it is for you, answer here and I can give you some quick and easy tips. It really isn’t as hard to get into as it seems.

Never a truer phrase typed. RP’ers -hate- the situation in Goldshire with a passion no off realmer could possibly understand. I suppose the only thing that can be said for it, is that it largely quarantines the degenerate element.

2 Likes

Oh for sure, originally in that comment I did write about niche communities and how they don’t really want to interact outside their set RP. That’s their perogative, there is plenty of players who RP openly too. Sometimes the niche RPers prefer to be approached OOC first, are operating under their own set storyline or are just closed off to anything at that time, I do think many budding RPers find this to be disheartening and take offense in some manner but it’s just best to not take offence. Like many RPers do not desire to RP with warlock/DK/DH because it directly conflicts with their own characters journey.

I think Goldshire is fine myself, it’s a place where you can typically go for instant lighthearted interaction, “funnier” rp, dueling, tourism or of course… the dark side stuff that shall not be named :rofl: It’s kept in a location away from much else so it’s pretty well confined.

1 Like

How much RP is happening on Horde side? I have an Alliance character on AD and I enjoy it a lot

Maybe you weren’t in the AH on new year’s eve, but they definitely escaped quarantine x) And it was uncomfortable for everyone else :frowning:

Quite a bit, thing with Horde RP is that a lot of the guilds or groups of guilds do open world stuff, returning to cities about half the time, even then, it has two main hubs, as opposed to the Alliance’s one big one. Valley of Honour in Orgrimmar, and the Eastern side of Silvermoon. The realm population is 70% Alliance, 30% Horde, but it is still plenty alive and kicking, I play both Factions, and have never had problems finding RP on either side.

In my defence, it being New Years Eve, I was fortunate in that last minute plans for a party came through, so I was not there, but yeah…that sounds…weird…

1 Like

I’ve never checked that out but from what I heard that’s the ERP hub, no?

Whilst not directed at me I have experience horde side AD, it’s healthy during peak hours, valley of honor is always seeing RP on a daily basis lately.
Late night it can get quiet but you still do see it in action around Org. I hear silvermoon also sees RP but I have never personally checked it - never played belf either!

Also I have bumped into RP in the open world quite a bit in the past with horde and alliance, notably in prior expansions as I have only returned in recent months but my horde guild has RP events in the world, secret hideout and we do wpvp so can’t really disclose the location! :grin:

Ah you have the speedy fingers today Brigante, got there first!

I usually like to do semi-RP (being in character but that character has all of my personality traits, no long-a*s backstory, etc.) but I feel like it’s often: either you go full in, or get outta here.

I also have very bad experience with racism (if you’re not playing any human-like race…). Especially on the Alliance side.

Oh heck no. It is often stated, usually by people who have never been there. Horde doesn’t really -have- a Goldshire as such, perhaps because Alliance have most of the ‘Pretty’ races. There is also an important distinction between teh West Side and East Side of Silvermoon (And not in a USA Rapper kind of way! :D) Obviously the actual West of the city is still ruined, but of the half of the city that remains, you have the West Side and East Side. West Side, focussed around the Wayfarer’s Tavern and the Bazaar, is, well, ‘bizarre’ at times, but not an ERP hotspot, its kind of like Old Town in Stormwind. You get some bizarre characters, and everyone is a bloody expert in ninjamatics and keen to fight (Despite Arcane Constructs that would tear such people to shreds) Even so, some RP Guilds are trying to bring RP back to the Area (The Oath of Silver get an honourable mention there, they’ve stuck it out)

The ‘Border’ if you will, is ‘Murder Row’ (Previously, Augur’s Row before the Fall of Quel’thalas). East of that you have the Silvermoon City Tavern, the Royal Exchange, Court of the Sun, Farstrider Square, and so on. Those are the main RP areas, where Farstriders, Blood Knights and Magisters tend to do their dealings, and where you will find most RP.

1 Like

I understand, nice, I think I’ll create a blood elf once 8.3 grinds cool down a little and check it out :slight_smile: thank you for the great explanation

Silvermoon is pretty active, you can find interesting RP, it’s fun.
Even if you’re not in a guild you can easily interact with people. Many are understanding when they see a new RPer (who’s not a ‘loler’ of course).
I’ve experience it myself when I used to roleplay a Blood Knight.

When I started I used to have the same impression. I even did a post on Argent Dawn forums about it, long story short everyone was welcoming and suggested me were I could RP.

You just need to give it a try, if you’re new I suggest starting with a simple character.

To be completely honest I’ve never experience that on my characters (on Alliance I roleplay as a Void elf mage), I’ve heard stories about it though.

1 Like

Man reading through your post history, boy you toxic.