Top 10 Favorite WoW Zones?

In terms of questing and looks, what are your top ten favorite WoW zones? Mine are:

1. Grizzly Hills (The music and the redwood forests just amuse me.)
  2. Gilneas (Very fun questing and great aesthetic. Also frickin’ werewolves.)
  3. Highmountain (Grizzly Hills with Tauren. Sweet.)
  4. Nagrand (Beautiful landscape and Hemet Nesingwary.)
  5. Howling Fjord (Best questline in WotLK and Tuskarr.)
  6. Arathi Highlands (Celtic theme, ruined castles and, well… highlands)
  7. Thousand Needles (Both pre-cata and after. Love the bridge system.)
  8. Darkshore (Nostalgia from my first leveling experience.)
  9. The Barrens (First Horde leveling experience, also Lion King.)
  10. Drustvar or Nazmir (I like myself some spooky forests and murky swamps.)
6 Likes

Oh boy unpopular opinions incomming. Also i´ll add my reasons for it aswell. Also in no particular order:

1. Tirisfal Glades Vanilla (Nostalgia mostly, first Zone i ever stepped foot in)
  2. Tanaris (Love big deserts)
  3. Voldun (See above, although they could´ve made it bigger as to it being very clutterd)
  4. Howling Fjord (Just the music and everything else)
  5. Vash’ir (Like the new concept and idea)
  6. Icecrown (Mathias Lehner)
  7. Eastern Plaguelands (Pally Pals)
  8. Dragonblight (Big Ice Desert. Had to correct that)
  9. Frostfire Ridge (See above)
  10. Drustvar (I also like spoopy forests)
3 Likes

In no particular order:

1. Jade Forest
  2. Suramar
  3. Eversong Woods
  4. Hillsbrad Foothills
  5. Nagrand (Outland)
  6. Vashj’ir
  7. Valley of the Four Winds
  8. Winterspring
  9. Stranglethorn
  10. Elwynn Forest

I mostly like the wide, grassy, natural zones.

2 Likes

Tanaris was going to be either number 9 or 10… it didn’t make the list. And Vash’Jir annoyed me too much. I quit in about the first 10 quests.

Oh, forgot to write the reasons. Doing it now.

Uh I forgot about Suramar. Damn yeah that kicks Tanaris out.

2 Likes

Arathi Highlands is probably the most grassy of all… And with a little bit of reference to Celtic mythology… perfect.

1. Grizzly Hills
  2. Nagrand (Outland)
  3. Hillsbrad Foothills (Original)
  4. Loch Modan (Original)
  5. Dun Morogh (Original)
  6. Western Plaguelands (Original)
  7. Stranglethorn Vale (Original)
  8. Westfall (Original)
  9. Duskwood (Original)
  10. Tanaris (Original)

From the top of my head, right now…
Honorable mentions go to Howling Fjord, Kun-Lai Summit, Arathi Highlands (Original), The Barrens (Original) and Winterspring (Original).

Also, Winterspring and Tanaris could literally swap spot number 10, depending on my mood.

3 Likes

NEW DALARAN WHEN IT IS CROWDED ! best times of my life.

3 Likes
  1. Mulgore - obvious first choice, looks stunning and is my favourite starting zone, great music and perfect ambience.
  2. Feralas - very dense and gives you the feeling you’re really exploring the zone. Questline is good, not too fast but not too slow either. Music is amazing.
  3. Winterspring - magical and mysterious, much like Feralas gives you the urge to go adventuring.
  4. Stonetalon Mountains - very peaceful and calm, embodies what I like about Kalimdor so much.
  5. The Storm Peaks - a godforsaken zone with nothing but a very rich but unsettling history. Does the humongous Titan structures justice.
  6. Tiragarde Sound - one of the best zones in-game, it has various climates and landscapes and has this frontier-feeling.
  7. Arathi Highlands (Cata) - one of the most ambient zones in the game. It lives and breathes the feeling of a kingdom that is gone and forgotten, but where time didn’t stand still.
  8. Krasarang Wilds - somehow melangolic and tragic, virtually no settlements and mostly untouched and unexplored wilderness.
  9. Kun-Lai Summit - harsh and unforgiving, but gorgeous in its own way.
  10. Uldum (Cata) - feels wild but tamed at the same time. It’s been civilised and cultivated in its own way, and the Tol’vir culture is full of history.
3 Likes

Mulgore is my second favourite starting zone.

1 Like

Im kinda surprised to not see silverpine forest here,one of my favourite,both story and feeling of this zone are great imo

1 Like

#10. Howling Fjord - amazing music there, scenery is nice too.

#9. Grizzly Hills - same as above, only better.

#8. Feralas (Vanilla version) - i just like dense, wild jungles.

#7. Krasarang Wilds - jungles! more jungles! :slight_smile:

#6. Talador (Warlords of Draenor) - amazingly peaceful music, feeling, loved the little treasures and rares there, and Auchindoun in the middle.

#5. Hillsbrad Foothills (Vanilla version) - still have the fondest memories of the TM vs SS battles.

#4. Nagrand TBC - i have a nostalgia overload in my favorite zone in my favorite expansion. All the Halaa action in days long gone, elemental plateau, and most of all the arena battlemaster.

#3. Ashenvale (Vanilla version) - the zone where I had the first pvp action when I started playing the game. Plus the brilliant music and I liked the quests there a lot, and the entire night elf aesthetic.

#2. Shadowmoon Valley (Warlords of Draenor) - the alliance garrison was brilliant, as was the zone it was in. I totally loved the scenery and feel of it all.

#1. Nagrand (Warlords of Draenor) - hands down best zone in the game for me. Feels peaceful and awesome, I love being there and can’t wait to level my new alts in those areas.

3 Likes
  1. Uldum - Love the look, sounds, quests, culture, mystery everything about this zone is spot on. Feel it got slightly ruined in 8.3, but I enjoyed having a reason to go back.

2. Nazjatar - This zone is one of the most complex in the game and it works really well. I really feel like I’m on the sea floor, it has lots of little hidden areas for the explorer in me as well.

3. Kul Tiras - Lumping all three zones together because I can’t decide on an order, but these have to got to be some of the most fun zones in the game. Compare these to the Horde BFA zones and there is no comparison.

4. Hellfire Peninsula - Walk through the portal in Blasted Lands at lvl 60 and don’t tell me there isn’t a tingle down your spine when that music kicks in. One of the few zones I look forward to, even if its later parts are a bit meh.

5. Searing Gorge (Classic) - This used to be my favorite zone for questing, I always looked forward to hitting 47 so I could pick up the first quest there. Sadly after the Cataclysm I find it a lot less fun :frowning:

6. Stormwind City - So many things done right about Stormwind, it feels like a living city, with different elements all working together. Only downside I’d say is some areas feel a bit too closed in, but that’s probably because its still built on one of the oldest zones in the game.

7. Vashj’ir - I just like zones that are under the sea. I like exploring shipwrecks, and I like that the zone is very different to all the others with the 3D element.

8. Silvermoon City - Its down this low because it is in serious need of being brought into the modern game. But it is my favorite of all the horde capitals.

1 Like
  1. Vash’ir
  2. Zuldazar (beautiful jungle parts and city that mesh very well with it)
  3. Vol’Dun (absolutely gorgeus, reminds me of Tomb Raider games)
  4. Karasang Wilds
  5. Valley of Four Winds
  6. Spires of Arak
  7. Highmountain
  8. Un’Goro and STV
  9. Tiragarde Sound
  10. Suramar (I like the effort that was put to make a proper city but the overusage of gradient was… painful)
2 Likes

In order:

1. Elwynn Forest
  2. Wesfall
  3. Duskwood
  4. Redridge
  5. Grizzly Hills

As you can guess I have levelled a fair few humans.

3 Likes

Booty Bay!

1 Like

Ok i’m gonna go from 10 to 1 (nice topic btw :D)

10 - Hellfire Peninsula (Outland) * this was really really amazing, I loved the sky, entering it after the dark portal stuff.
9 - Westfall * this is just a great area with the deadmines stuff and the farms, love it.
8 - Barrens * before it was split, this area is really making you realise your horde roots.
7 - Stormheim * I just enjoyed this a lot.
6 - Arathi Highlands :smiley: <3 *this is mainly because of the south park episode make love not warcraft xD
5 - Dragonblight * Was really fun with the dragons
4 - Mechagon * I really really loved this a lot, finished everything I wanted there.
3 - Tanaris * This is just the place to be to level, also this being the location to caverns of time makes this place so important in my opinion. Caverns of time is really an important lore zone.
2 - Borean Tundra * the start of wotlk really is so nostalgic to me.
1 - Icecrown *somewhat same reason as above, but at the end of wotlk :smiley:

Edit: The following really need a honorable mention

• Teldrassil/Darnassus (My very very first character was a night elf. Even being horde now, my heart broke seeing it burn
  • Ulduar raid (in my opinion still the best raid ever made)
3 Likes
  1. Suramar
  2. Duskwood
  3. Booty Bay
  4. Eastern Plaguelands
  5. Silverpine Forest (pre-cata tho)
  6. Eversong Woods and Silvermoon
  7. Stormwind of course
  8. The Deeprun Tram
  9. Voldun
  10. Mechagon

They’re not in order, I like them all the same

2 Likes

Now that I think about it, Shadowmoon could earn a place, mid-low in the list…

1 Like
  1. Nagrand ( outland)
  2. Suramar
  3. Bloodmist isle
2 Likes