Trade chat aka spam chat - solution

Hi
Any plans to tackle bots / 3 party program users , who spam trade chat with advertising?Normal player never suppose to be forced to use add-on like bad boy .To filter bot spam. Silvermoon EU is ridiculous with spam on trade chat.
Me proposal is making report a spam account wide , with serial offenders got influential silence for 2,4,8,16 etc days.And baning whole community who disturb normal trade chat for normal players
Thank you

And yes as player , you can always right click on name and report a spam. Use it !

Quick update

Multiboxing, or playing multiple accounts "at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use. Please note, however, that use of input broadcasting software may result in account penalties.”

I hope it is clarify whole discussion about 3 party programs / addons that helps with this spam bonanza

5 Likes

i see that stuff when i play my hord alt on teran mill there is just a ton of spam of people selling wow boosts 2 csgo and dota and u can read the chat it is so bad

1 Like

Leave the trade chat?

1 Like

This isn’t a solution. We have used trade chat for years before boosters took over. Why should we leave? They should leave.

11 Likes

I totally agree.Problem to be fair lay dow with report a spam not working how suppose

The problem is that selling boosts is a trade (their time for your gold, like hiring mercenaries). So if you don’t want to see that kind of trade you need to use an addon to remove the trades you personally dislike.

Unless Blizzard change their stance on boosting, it is in the right place.

You can:-

• Leave Trade chat all together
  • Put Trade chat in a separate tab
  • Use addon like Badboy together with Badboy Ccleaner
3 Likes

There should really be a boosting channel, and anyone who advertises in trade should get chat banned for a week.

4 Likes

I would like them to tackle the advertising in the group finder with a harsh punishment like that. That is actually against the rules and flouted constantly.

5 Likes

I know, when I am flying around I take the time to report all the ones I can.

The problem is new ones take their place straight away.

4 Likes

I feel you :frowning:

It just does not seem to have any kind of effect.

I think response from Blizz should be stronger against spam bots

1 Like

I’m totally in support of having a boosting channel.

Let the spammer spam there, away from the beloved banter chat.

1 Like

I don’t think we will ever see a ‘boost channel’ nor would advertisers stick to it. Boosting is not against the rules but it also not supported. A boost channel would appear to be giving it support.

Clearly it is causing upset for some players but I’m not sure what they can do. It’s not like gold selling sites. Those actually broke the rules advertising.

I too think being caught selling boosts should result in account wide silences (leading up to potentially suspensions/perma bans.)

Hasn’t been a banter chat for years though

And when it was, I think half the realm had me on ignore :confused:

1 Like

I think you mean American Politics chat.

1 Like

But that would require boosting to be against the rules. It’s not. It’s like when people call for multiboxing to be banned. They are unlikely to change something that is within the existing rules and has been permitted since the game started.

it would and I don’t agree with either of those things, just sharing my view :pregnant_woman:

I am not sure what relevance of the pregnant smiley is but you keep posting it. Are you expecting? :baby_bottle:

Boosters are selling a trade. It just happens to be one you dislike personally. Imagine if you applied that to any other trade. Oh we want to ban people advertising cloth. All cloth traders are spammers, ban them from the game.

To be fair I would praise Blizz for ban addons / 3 party programs to spam and multiboxers.