Trade Chat Boost Advertisers

Anyone know if Blizz will do anything against this? It really ruins the trade chat when there’s 10 different boosting communities constantly spamming trade chat with their boost advertisements. Leaves no space for people to advertise what they want to sell or buy for that matter. I am on Draenor Horde and it’s really bad here!

5 Likes

This might help ya, works great.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/keyword-list-to-clean-up-the-trade-chat-2-2020-04-02/137628

7 Likes

They are advertising a trade in the trade channel. Blizzard are not going to do anything about people selling boosts for gold I’m afraid.

You can use an addon and plugin to remove them from your own chat. It’s linked in Nagrash’s response

2 Likes

Well, this came out of nowhere now. I think I’ll update the posting with some new keywords as well.

I tried that “Badboy” add-on but for some reason, i still see people spamming the trade channel with that garbage. Then again, maybe i still need to set it up right.

Was’nt it suppose to be where players only were allowed to sell stuff like armor, pets, mounts etc through trade chat? I mean, the last time i checked, Blizzard was against the whole “Boost” thing in terms of levelling, getting certain mounts etc.
Also, if memory serves me right, it’s the main reason why Blizzard added the whole “WoW token” thing. As some kind of replacement for those gold sellers. It’s like… if they want people to be boosted in whatever way, they’d rather do it themself.

3 Likes

Have you checked the linked topic here? I have listed several keywords which will not prevent the spam but will reduce it massively. normal “sellers” still go through, as it is supposed to be - but organized boosters and so on won’t that easily.

I will also keep updating it over the weeks/months.

2 Likes

Removing trade chat entirely was probably one of the best things I’ve ever done in this game, I never looked at it and honestly I doubt I’m missing out on any deals I wouldn’t find on AH or with an add on.

Do people still use the trade-chat for anything other than boosts? Otherwise you can leave it and right-click report spam the ones in General.

Why do people even use trade chat?

What can’t you get on the AH?

1 Like

I am not sure where you have got that from. Boosting is not supported by Blizzard but it’s not against the rules. The onus is on the buyer to be sure they are giving their gold to someone trustworthy.

Boosting has always existed in the game, in the past content wasn’t so highly repeatable as it is now. Raid lockouts were changed so you could go do the same raid over and over (for heroic and normal), mythic plus means you can go constantly do any key in any dungeon (barring the 10 instance per hour cap).

In the past it was guilds that would do boosts (some still do) but many are part of boosting communities now like Oblivious or Gallywix for example.

The WoW token was added giving players the option to play for free, they can grind the gold in game and buy their token off the AH. People can buy a token at a premium sub cost and sell it to those people. Someone is still paying the subscription somewhere along the line. It also made accounts much more secure. Those who would buy gold from third party sites would often find themselves hacked later with the information they gave when buying the gold.

Ironically intstead of gold selling spam in trade and general we now have boost selling on mass.

RP-servers still use them for offtopic. There is almost no boost-spam there.

With all due respect, Punyelf… I joined World of Warcraft after “The Burning Crusade” was released but before “Wrath of the Lich King” (around March 2008-ish?) and believe it or not, Back then, i was told by multiple Game Masters on multiple occasions that if i used any of those services, i’d risk getting my account suspended.

2 Likes

Blizzard allows it because impulsive people will see the boosts and decide to buy a few Tokens in order to get boosted.
Win-Win for blizz and the boosters

I have been playing since TBC and it has never been against the rules to exchange gold for a boost.

Boosting for Gold is fine and allowed, boosting for real money on the other hand isn’t.

Punyelf, Just to clear something up:
i was’nt really talking about boosting for gold.
I was talking about boosts for real money.

Selling epic BoEs. In many cases much quicker to find a buyer by advertising in Trade Chat than listing and re-listing on the AH. No listing fees or AH cuts either which can be a big deal since these are usually big tramsactions. Also, now when Corruption is a thing, much easier for the buyer to find the exact piece they want than having to manually go through every single listing on the AH looking for that one trait at a specific rank.

Since there are no demand, many low pop server also free from these pests. They are only on high populated realms.

There are some addons like posted here earlier than filter out the advertisement spam, but if Blizzard were to do something about it then I’d suggest making a new channel for boosts specifically, and ban anyone who advertises in trade chat. Yeah, the rules would have to be enforced, but after a couple of them get their accounts banned for a week or so, I’m sure they’d switch over to the boost channel.