Transferring

Hello everyone. I’m thinking of transferring the character to the PvP realm, where there will be a complete or approximate balance between the factions. I would also like to know if this is a required parameter, considering the cross-server system. In this case, I think the “Tarren Mill” realm for the Horde will suit me, or stay for the Horde on the “Grim Batol” realm. Please, advise. I would like to see more world PvP on the realm or it doesn’t matter anymore.

By the way, what are the advantages of mono-realms, besides an active community?

There are no pvp realms. All realms have the choice of WM on or off unless you play Classic.

2 Likes
  1. There is no more PvP and PvE realms on retail. Nobody can “force” people to participate in open world PvP now, only who want it opt-in with War Mode, which could be turned on/off in city on any realm.
  2. I’m not 100% sure about WM, but I believe same sharding mechanic applied there as well as no-WM. So it doesn’t matter which realm you are in - sharding will bring players from other realms.

It is historical, from times when no cross-faction play was available. Nowadays, with cross-faction guilds, cross-faction groups, cross-faction AH and cross-faction crafting orders there is no particular reason.

But still, what could be such good reasons to play on a mono-realm? Perhaps the auction is more lively?

The AH is regionwide now I believe.

High pop realms still better.

AH is regional now, however only some items are shared (crafting mats ect), but armors and weapons.

Also you can find more crafters which is also important, since this profession version going for the next 3 expacs, with possible tweeks.

If you’re on a higher populated realm you’ll find crafters easier, that and perhaps some sort of social aspect

Thanks everyone. By the way, on one of the sites I found information that on the “Grim Batol” realm the ratio of Horde/Alliance players is 2571/2968 - can you believe this? Are there any other realms with an equal or approximately equal ratio in the EU region?

It really doesn’t matter unless you have some deep phycological need for a balanced realm. If that’s the case seek help.

1 Like

Crafting orders are still locked to servers, so playing on a high population server with your faction makes it easier for you to get crafts done.

1 Like

I thought the world was shared nowdays and you never even saw people from your own server much?

Just everyone is visible always.

It doesn’t matter, since the balance of any realm is irrelevant, specially in the aspect of PvP, as soon as you toggle PvP with Warmode, you will be phased into a different PvP Phase where you will only see other people who have there Warmode activated while everyone who doesn’t have there PvE Phase.

PvP/Warmode phases will have less people you will encounter anyways, compared to the PvE Phase, you still can just right click on your Character Picture and toggle PvP like that, but you will still just be in the PvE Phase.

Keep in mind that transferring to an high or Full realm give now advantage only if you are interested in raidingc mythic tier content with a dedicated guild.

Got it. Thank you all very much.