Transfers from SoM to Era when?

And Kingsfall soon too. Possibly Quel’Serrar, if they don’t decide to scratch that server (isn’t it empty now?)

Quel’serrar will never be totally empty, as the hc community is playing there. They do - of course - not figure in IF.

Oh, I thought they transferred to Kingsfall already. In that case I guess Quel’Serrar will be added to the Era cluster once SOM ends. And people don’t all migrate to Wrath of the Lion King<tm>.

Players get to decide for each SoM character where to go. The SoM servers will close down, and - I guess - characters where no choice is being made will be force-migrated to an Era server.

EDIT:
and I foresee a chaos not unlike the ‘consolidaiton’. There’s still characters out there not having arrived.

1 Like

I know, but …

Unless you know something I don’t, then no. They are already linked with the ERA cluster, so I foresee they will be merged into the cluster. That will also solve the naming problem.

That would indeed be a smart move (a reason why I suspect Blizz to not do this :wink: ). Not as much chaos as the delete a server business and as you say the names-problem is solved.
I read something long ago about deleting the SoM servers, but I do not want to go looking + Blizz can have changed their mind since, or just deleted this :wink:

EDIT:
Reading this post it sounds like the SoM servers will be discontinued and characters moved to either Era or Wrath:

2 Likes

Pretty sure blizzard will give option to transfer to either wrath or classic era but needed with playtime, Whilst if you forget to transfer within a limited time Your character will be frozen/closed dead with the som servers.

Lets not forget the ultimate bargain we got during last merge was it 50euro per character copy??

People that didn’t have playtime for a longawhile gonna have to throw dollas

Everyone knows Blizzard only speaks green

They said Free transfer to either Era or Wrath - No cloning, only a move.

… and I guess unclaimed characters will go to Era, not be deleted.

I know once, then next will be buyable clone to either

Still this is forced to have playtime

Yes, I suppose you choose where to go on log-in, so an active sub needed.
And no, no clones - it was too much trouble.

That has been confirmed.
The question is more if SOM servers (the worlds) are merged with the ERA clusters, or they are deleted once characters are moved to ERA / WotLK.

The SoM realms are closing and near the end of the cycle you get to choose where you go. If you don’t choose you will get automatically to the PvE Era cluster or one of the PvP Era clusters, they won’t just delete them.

YES I KNOW :-p … that was not the question.

I am just looking for confirmation they will be CLOSING. Only part I have seen is Blizzard is saying chars are being “moved”, but that can mean anything literally.

If they were doing anything else but closing them then why on earth would they bother allowing players to move?

They are closing after the year is up and they are opening new ones probably using the same servers.

For a few reasons:

• Servers are already connected to the ERA Cluster. You can see that when you attempt to mail a character on a SOM server.
  • The name merging hell is avoided: no problem with already used names.
  • It is not just saying “Move Era / Move Wrath”, they will also have to make some logic which Era server to move to. (They need to make that logic to Wrath already, so maybe this frature is “free”).

Therefore it seems logical to merge the servers. But everything is possible with Blizzard.

Any update on this ???
Give us transfer already Blizzard!

Will pve or pvp era be best for raiding ? How is population on each

1 Like

Faaaaaacts, and i see you even got Plagueheart gear dude, and what i presume you are, would be a SoM Character, tells everyone else around us that IT. IS. OVER.

Let us transfer away, ASAP, and salvage the little 13-14 days before Wotlk release, that we can, for SoM characters, so we can actually catch up, for what little amount it may be.

This is the latest.

That’s a new lie from Mr Ticky, be careful about what this guy say I’d advice

Why exactly?