Transmog: Unobtainable Levelling Gear

Seeing as we’re in the valley of change, overhaul and restructure I think now is the time to truly get opinion heard. Especially when it concerns the hundreds upon hundreds of missing gear that used to exist in the game, prior to the Cataclysm and Mist of Pandaria Revamp.

Prior to Cataclysm, the World, had an astonishing array of levelling gear, that’d be determined a unique “reskin” or even model compared to what we have now. On the top of my head;

Hulkstone Pauldrons, Southsea Head Bucket, Ornate Adamantium Breastplate, the Rockpounder, even the shoulders that Stan used in the Southpark episode Make Love Not Warcraft. During Vanilla we had so many of these very cool unique appearances that players acquired from quests, people stored them in banks, people threw them away, and even some bind on equips like the Skeletal Longsword and Chromatic Sword became priceless on the auction house, yet this legacy looting system added items such as Flintrock Shoulders and the Chromatic Sword back into the game prices dropped and players were able to truly get these cool items. Robes of Doan, the list goes on and on and on, many players will look into their appearances and not give these desirable items a second thought, but as a matter of fact they are unobtainable and for the vast amount of players that joined post cataclysm - it’s unobtainable for many of these items were handed out in quests.

To explain what happened post cataclysm the gear was changed to what I consider a very disgusting few models of reskinned sets that fit the linear questing of the reshaped zones. And it seems a blizzard just forgot about these items all left in the classic questing files, and so to have many players.

With the arrival of change came “Trial of Style”, which was a transmog game, by which sets were being added to the game which were ultimately a good sign. Till that became forgotten about, I want to see Blizzard bring change, bring about a way of re obtaining these bog standard questing items, be that through the usage of classic wow; I/e a warrior levelling through classic would be able to acquire the appearances in retails, or simply by trial of style or simply a vendor at the darkmoon faire. Again,

I feel these items are widely forgotten about and should re emerge, as did the Scarlet Set, the Defias Set etc, and with Shadowlands on our doorstep it’d be amazing to either see you know a legacy time step to each zone to visit it pre cata and post cata, but that’s a big ask. I’d naturally think either them being added to vendors, or there being a shared appearance system on classic would make things a lot clearer with out a huge implementation of all the old quests throughout Azeroth. Again to many these items may seem like worthless garbage, but I really like a great many unobtainable and it’s a shame to see them frozen in storage. Can we keep this thread supportive and constructive. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.