Trap Launcher Updated - 17 July

Yeah, great idea. Everyone gets new movement abilities, but we dont even have Disengage and are now forced to move in.
Sure, it’s impossible (?!) for you to balance entrapment in PvP, but what is this change???! This just makes hunters feel clunky again and we lose one of our unique sellingpoints for pve. Thanks for nothing, I guess. You outdid youself again.

5 Likes

Now nerf Explosive Trap so it doesn’t do 2K damage for an instant, AoE spell that costs no mana.

It’s not impossible to balance it, the balance was in the fact that traps couldn’t be used in combat and were melee range. Then they added Trap Launcher which has no business being in Classic and messed it all up.

They’ve done this throughout SoD, they don’t understand what Classic was built on: every class had strengths and weaknesses, and some of the Runes they added completely nullified the weaknesses. Hunter in Vanilla had to stay in one place and hardcast a 3 second Aimed Shot ( counterplay: Blink in, CC the hunter, use a defensive, delay the cast with damage, run away to outrange the cast ) if he wanted to oneshot a Cloth user, nowadays they can just do that with Scatter > Trap ( 2k damage ) > Multi + Auto. ALmost every Cloth will die to that, because it’s around 4k damage. And if they don’t die, there’s Chimera shot to do another 2K damage. They gave Hunter SO MUCH instant damage. Does anyone even use Aimed Shot in SoD?

3 Likes

if this is in anyway in reference to a demo warlock your sir are trolololing.

(This is all from a ranged SoD Hunter perspective ofc)
Think this needs to be annuelled, or either find a better fix becoz then the name of the rune shouldn’t be called Trap launcher enymore. Try look into shamans and there OPness and at warlocks and there Life drain beam they pop you and use there Demon form runs in your Dead zone and bang you can’t do enything as a hunter and Rogues man dont even get me startet they got so much mobillity in SOD that if you see a rogue that wants your blood, your dead as a hunter. you can’t even blik with your eyes and you are a dead hunter. We seriously die in sec as a hunter i SOD, in close combat as ranged hunter. We GOT NO CHANCE (becoz of the NEW NO PET META) and unless we are Crazy pro’s so plz tell us again? Why this is so OP? that we can Throw a Slow moment trap on the ground on distance OP? and becoz of a talent point in survivel tree makes the trap ensnare people on the frost area a much better trap but not OP? Shamans can do the same thing with there Slowing totem or even other totems for that matter? i think hunters should get Disengage as a rune on our ¨BACK SLOT¨ becoz we dont have a Disengage to get out and back on range better then the traps is helping us with. Iven if you slow hunters in the slow trap as anoter classes in pvp hunters are still getting Smashed like a flie, in PVP and one on one battles. I would personally never if one person comes at me for pvp reasons and attack me, use frost trap to place it at my feet? and then get out of combat. (it’s mainly used atm ingame as a huge PVP slow area effect and making alot of people cry in Black rock mountains, thats why this hotfix is here and that is Wrong destoying a characters playstyle and a mekanic becoz people can’t handel wow classic sod PVP and just want PVE only. Go play Pixiline. it’s pvp servers what did people excepted in the endgame of wow classic? ofc there will be farmed honor in form of world pvp)(back to the real reply) I personally would rather use Freezing trap instead, to imprison the other class im battling against and run out on distance again. I think Personally if this is so much OP and needs this kinda fix? over so much other classes OPness, a better fix for this rune would be make the Slow area (after active) smaller instead of removing it from the trap launcher rune. (sry for my poor english hope you guys can read it)

2 Likes

I am a warrior main and I hate hunter traps, but this change is absolutely dumb lol

2 Likes

If you cant play without rage, its clearly a skill issue. :nerd_face:

Trap Launcher shouldn’t have existed in the first place. It allows Hunter to do humongous AoE damage from afar, at no cooldown and no mana cost.

1 Like

sry but those traps are still shared CD so we can’t us both and there for no dps increase. this change to hunters is made becoz alot of ingame players are crying over getting honor farmed massively in BRM and can’t handel the real face for classic wow (SOD) end game (PVP)

1 Like

This change is made because being able to root + slow down a whole raid from 40 yards away is not something any player should be able to do, more so a Hunter who already has 0 mana costs and insane DPS. It made AV unplayable.

1 Like

Why not change the root effect instead of this huge nerf

1 Like

In short: I smell bullsh*t.

1 Like

again all i hear is crying, over talent and an abillity hunters allways have been able to use since the dawn of time, and they made it back to that so we now shall run around in a dungeon to drop the trap to slow large groups of mobs and get back on range distance again after doing so and start shooting and dps the mobs, it destoyes our Sniper training rune and gives us dps loss in dungeons wich i think is not fair when you look on what all other classes can do ?? so what if trap can be launched?? first it needs to be hit by a player to be activated then there well be a few sec befor the ensnare kicks in from the talents but that what it’s allway been ? can’t see the problem in that? on the pvp side ye maybe it’s a little crazy but Both factions got hunter’s ? it’s just a question who is the most skill trap launcher really, becoz throwing them traps ain’t easy. So plz stop crying over it’s to much in pvp and makes it unplayable, Use free action potions ??? theres so much ingame to by pass this trap, why dont use it instead of crying over beeing able to slowing a hole 40man raid in AV, then your just noobs sry to say. (we got not pet’s this phase you try playing ranged hunter in AV and tell me how fun you would have it with out some sort of way to keep people on distance befor they are right up in your face)

2 Likes

it’s a rune that makes the ranged hunter alittle more viable for group content and a little fighting chance in pvp. but if hunter shouldn’t have it in the first place the rogues shouldn’t have shadow step all runes are more or less implementet from later versions of wow then classic. they have done this to make the classic wow sod much more fun and differen to play, so it’s not all the same as if it was just classic borring wow where Fury Warrior and rogues dominate MC raids and Rogues are pvp kings and Mages are pvp queens and farming gods.

1 Like

I explained to you why Hunters having ranged frost trap is objectively bad. There’s no crying.

1 Like

again i dont see the problem in having that abillity when we are not using pets in Phase 4 SOD so we are more or less a mage with ranged spells but we can’t keep people of our backs try and see it from another perspective here, we are ranged hunters with no pets, got a dead zone with our spells and shots exept kill shot rune (as the only ranged rune) but that’s only the last 20% hp. what can we do to get away from fights and get back to ranged and shoot if we can. Rogues that can shadow step in our face, and warriors that can Charge, Mages can Frost nova, Priest can Fear, Warlocks can fear (charm with the right pet) and i can go on, druids with ensnare. ye maybe they all more or less singel target but with this they made hunters frost trap a little less useable of choice becoz its now again back on our feet this makes hunters disengage in pvp alot harder, i understand that it’s strong in pvp against alot of players group up at the same time, but again it’s a trap and trap launcher make us being able to throw traps there for they can not just remove it completely it destoying the hole concept of the runes fuction and name. again they got so many other options to nerf it then just removing it completely think it’s bullsh…t they could nerf the abillity it self to a smaller area of effect and maybe make the chance on the ensnare talent smaller from 25% down to maybe the 10-15% i believe hunters are getting a really hard time now in pvp and dungeons becoz of this. (a little info if people didn’t know. You can use the pvp trinket to bypass the frost trap with ensnare talents active on you it gives you just enough time to get out of it’s way befor it reset the effect on you if you are fast and lucky not getting a new stun, for those that didn’t know this)

1 Like

It dont affect rotation in pve at all since is just frost trap not feez one.
U can still use freez trap to get prock lock n load no matter if mob, boss cant be frozen will activate buff. Frost trap was never doing dmg at first place was used for get buff but in some situations was very bad anyway. Can cover c*ap on floor in raid that u need to dodge etc

To solo farm? U mean to make inbalance in economy even more wit farming and boosting people kek

im not refering to botting or farming dungeons im refering to real groups doing dungeons game play. All the other stuff is just the down side of it and there will allways be a downside to things like these.

Imagine to put frost trap before pull like we did before this rune to cordinate pulls with tanks. If u dont want to do that just bring mage.

1 Like

Do people at blizzard even play the game? Disgusting… Just remove the fing Entrapment talent, instead of fing over all the PvE players…

3 Likes

It’s a start but hunter damage needs pulling down a bit too.