Trap Launcher Updated - 17 July

You don’t see the problem in 1 player stopping a whole raid from moving for 5 seconds at no mana cost or risk towards himself?

1 Like

Finally a very good change, hunters were too OP when it came to dungeon farming and PvP.
Busted mechanic finally got fixed. It’s a welcome change for the game.

GJ BLIZZARD!

This wont solve anything in AV, as hunters can pre trap all the chocke points with out trap launcher and mount to next choke. You will still see me entraping your entire raid. The fix was DR added.

So to all the hunters that are farming AV as horde, head over to Iceblood Tower at start and simply trap every single choke point until Drek (thats 6 choke points) - lay down traps mount to next choke wait for initial traps to trigger - trap new choke move to next = gg and watch people still cry on these forums.

@Kaivax I get that this is a “panic” solution but did the team not think this over - DR on entrampment would have been the better solution.

Can we get someone that knows anything about hunters in the team? Leathal shots still bugged thats a core talent - no disengage - this clown fiesta with traps (I.E entrampment not having DR). You were the ones that created this monster in the first place. And now this solution to what - BRM and PvE. People will still cry rivers in AV due to entrampment.

Is the reason to these non thought out fixes to stupid ideas in the first place due to limitations in the client or whats going on.

1 Like

So Blizzard is willing to spend time to fix hunters in PvP but not any other class like Druids and Shamans? Is this some kind of april fools joke that I don’t get?
Because all things point at these two being a massive outlier in PvP compared to the next best thing Rogue.

1 Like

Palas wearing plate having the best defensive abilities in the game now with better mobilit than hunters and killing people within one stun is asking for others to get nerfed.

If anything Ret pala is the highest prio to be nerfed next.

Just cancelled my Subscription. Hunter feels clunky & bad to play now. I am interested in soloing Dungeons but that was already nerfed with Mobs going super fast/immune within moments of pulling and now this is the icing on the cake… the sh*t cake.

1 Like

Trap Launcher shouldn’t have existed in the first place. It allows Hunter to do humongous AoE damage from afar, at no cooldown and no mana cost.

What a pointless argument. We all got new abilities,so should we just take them all away because they’re not “vanilla”?
Blizzard pretty much forces us to play lone wolf and then takes away our main ability to create gaps on a class which has a deadzone. Great idea!
Instead of fixing entrapment in pvp (av esp.) they just make the class feel horrible when doing stuff alone. Great success…

p.s.: also interesting that half your posts end up in a rant about hunters doing to much (aoe) dmg - when this change is clearly about control and gameflow.

4 Likes

I suggest that when the Trap Launcher rune is equipped, all traps should remain throwable. However, to address the PvP concerns, these traps should only affect NPCs (normal enemies) and not other players. Additionally, it would be great to have an option to toggle the throwing capability of each trap. This way, players can choose whether a specific trap should be throwable or placeable. If set to throwable, it will only affect NPCs, and if set to placeable, it can affect both players and NPCs.

This change would maintain the utility and strategic element of traps for PvE content while addressing the PvP balance concerns. I believe this adjustment would enhance the gameplay experience for many Hunters.

3 Likes

There is one massive problem with this change.
There are no massive buffs to compensate.

Every class in SoD got some utility with the new runes.
Be it defensive cooldowns, self healing, CC, interrupts, mobility, freedom etc.

What utility do hunters have now from the runes?
We can shoot Freezing trap at range and in combat and more frequently.
The problem is, Scatter shot shares DR with Freezing trap. And Freezing trap is now trinketable, so it’s pretty much nothing.

We already could do traps in combat before SoD. This convenience is nice, but in PVP means nothing.

So, hunters in PVP just became unplayable, apart form group PVP where you hope no one notices you and you only pump damage, because that is the only thing you can actually do.

Hunter have:
No mobility (cheetah not really usable in SoD)
No dispels.
No defensive cooldowns, apart from deterrence, that does not help against casters and only delays the inevitable death.
No damage reductions.
No immunity.
No self healing.
No interrupt.
No silence.
No reliable root.
No reliable stun.
Ranged snare only with a tragic 25% uptime.

Right now, hunters are a punching bag.
An empty class that can only do some damage, but even then has minimal range.
The toolkit hunters now have is so tiny in SoD.

Hunter is now the worst PvP class. Hunters bring nothing to group PVP now.
And no one should lose to a hunter 1v1 now.

Melees are now 100% un-kitable with the massive mobility they got, because we cant even use the ranged Frost trap to delay as a snare/ potential root so we can do some damage.

And every caster will stomp on us.
SL lock: was already impossible before.
Shadow priest: A row of dots kills me. Using scatter/trap benefits the priest because dots are ticking.
Boomkin: Same thing, superior damage/damage reduction/self healing, unstoppable.
Shaman (any kind): unstoppable freedom, frost shock. GG. Cant kite, cant stop casts. Cant out-damage his healing.
Mage: good mage will probably own us too now since we cant keep them snared anymore and get some distance.

Now there is no way I can even execute the max range cheese strat.

So where is the massive PVP compensation package?
Shamans are literally playing WOTLK in SoD, so
where is my New Disengage? Better Detterence? Masters call? Readiness? Silencing Shot? Pet sac? Separated scatter/trap DR? Pet CC abilities?

Anything helooo?
This change, in isolation, is unacceptable.
You were fast to nerf this, OK. If you are not as fast with buffing other hunter aspects to be a respectible PVP class, you get a -1 customer. Sub ending in like 2 weeks.
I have no interest in playing this game if I cant pvp.

7 Likes

I think we all can agree with:

Frost trap was not the problem.
Trap launcher was not the problem.
Players rooted for an “eternity” was a huge annoying problem.

This “fix” does not solve the problem but break (not only) PvE.

It is not even logical to be able to launch all traps except one.

My solution would be to adjust duration of entrapment to 2 (or 3) secs → less time in trap → less ticks → lower chance to be rooted. But even DR would be good solution imho.

3 Likes

This is why we asked DR on entrampment - its not fun for us hunters either to be perma rooted but we got this instead.

2 Likes

lmao the amount of garbage tier hunter player crying :joy:

1 Like

I think that is issue no mana cost. I really dont know why blizzard allowed that at first place. There is no single expansion where trap was free to use even on retail u spend focus.

Lmao how smart you have to be to post such a constructive comment :joy:

bro seems to have forgotten warriors exist…kinda like blizzard forgot about them.

1 Like

Frost trap was never problem but people were for abusing it grief others. U did not need any skill to spam it a front dungeon entrance and let others kill for u. I would remove that is free would put high mana usage, increase cd on it. Then you would not be able to spam as noob. 1min cd, 500 mana… problem solved!

Gotta change Mages Blizzard to melee range only now too then, so AV players can have it easy.

2 Likes

You mean Blizzard need to buff frost mages so people can win AV … Approved! xDD

You have at least mortal strike for group PVP.
You got self heals now.
You got instane mobility.
Your mobility dispels roots.
you got death grip.

Does not seem like blizz forgot you at all.

True actually, why is that not a problem that needs to be nerfed?