Trap Launcher Updated - 17 July

You simpliefied that too much. It is not frost trap issue. You can put there earthbind totem and its the same. I can be standing there and spam improved wing clip so every 5th player will be “rooted” as well. Its a different problem which needs to be solved independently of frost trap.

Edit: I am pretty sure that this fix does not remove that disgusting entrance griefing.

ty for ruining SOD once more. Was away for 2 days after farming my prebis on my hunter. About to delete that toon. Why cant you do anything right.

Shamans 1 shot, SP cant be killed, every class can pop FAP but god forbid hunters can aoe slow

Its like you devs are so out of touch its insane. Why not just kill the game fast instead of slowly

4 Likes

shamans with earthbind sitting silent

1 Like

Forst trap is not made to farming/boosting low lvl plp in dungeons by gold.

Make PvP great again!! Good nerf Blizz!!

Trap launcher that cant launch traps, what a joke.
Glad that shamans can still throw 4 totems

3 Likes

No Fun Allowed - Revert change and just make the Entrapment talent not apply to frost trap…

And to make myself even more clear.

1. I dont want to be a trap bot, so please, dont revert this change.
  2. I want to be a respectible, viable class in PVP and PVE. So I expect massive buffs.

To demonstrate the extreme discrepancy with other classes, lets assume ERA is somewhat balanced, and lets count mechanical differences. Not damage, because I hope that will be somewhat balanced.

Hunter potential wins:

1. Freezing trap can be used on range and more frequently. And in PVE I can CC multiple targets. A minor improvement because in PVP it DRs with scatter.
  2. Chimera shot disarm - countered by weapon chain.
  3. Aspect of lion gives us ~10% more HP. Its something, but not much.

Hunter losses:

1. Trap is now trinketable. This is huge.
  2. Viper sting is ineffective even before first raid gear. This is due to mana fixes for hybrids, removing a win condition. A very huge loss in group PVP.
  3. Aspect of the cheetah is a lot less usable due to what other classes got.
  4. Defense against casters reduced because spell pushback is less effective due to casters having a lot more instant casts or short cast spells.

Lets compare it to a warrior:
Warrior wins: (I might miss some)

1. Charge in combat. Huge.
  2. Mobility dispels snare/roots. Huge
  3. Meat hook. Huge also for group PVP.
  4. Self healing. Big.
  5. 5 min CD on reck, etc. Great.

Warrior losses:

1. Defense against casters reduced because spell pushback is less effective due to casters having a lot more instant casts or short cast spells.

Lets compare it to a elemental shaman:
Shaman wins: (I might miss some)

1. Freedom. Huge.
  2. Totem takes next hit (single global two benefits). Huge.
  3. Passive and instant self healing. Huge.
  4. Roots, new cc. Huge.
  5. Two castable spell schools. Huge.
  6. Active damage reduction.
  7. Mana issues fixed.

I just wanted to make some comparisons to put things into perspective.

To add to my argument that hunters need gigantic utility buffs:

1. Hunters are the only pure class in SoD.
  2. Hunter are the only class in SoD that do not have self healing.
  3. Hunter is the only melee that does not have an interrupt.
  4. Hunter is the only class with minimal range on most attacks, while also having no mobility, while melee classes have 2-4 gap closers.

My balancing proposition:

1. Fix the lock and load thing for PVE.
  2. Give hunters silencing shot/ melee interrupt.
  3. Give hunters mobility. Wotlk disengage that clears all roots/snares.
  4. Give hunters self healing, so we can sustain a bit, especially against casters. Maybe chimera/raptor strike heals for 3% HP? Or an instat heal for 30% HP?
  5. This is a maybe: Separate Scatter and trap DR.

Give me some fun utility buttons to press. Hunter will now feel like its from classic, while other classes are somewhere in wotlk/cata.

1 Like

Who am I kidding. PTR is over. They are not going to make massive rune changes to the class. Got baited into actually providing feedback.

Dont be stoopid like me.
It’s over boys, hunter will not be playable in the next few months for sure.
I am done.

1 Like

Lethal Shots is still not fixed…

1 Like

Yeah that wasn’t the argument at all, genius. The argument was that no class should do 2K AoE damage instantly, or slow/root a whole raid from 40 yards away with an instant cast.

Mage could maybe slow/root a whole raid with Blizzard but it’s channelled and costs a ton of mana. Hunter trap costs 0 mana and doesn’t channel.

Oh make no mistake, Hunter explosive trap is absolutely busted. They should’ve nerfed that too.

Absolute incompetence. Way to ruin player fun without addressing any sort of actual balance.

If it is the % chance of rooting PLAYERS in PVP then why not tweak the talent or remove the effect against PLAYERS?Leaving PVE untouched.

Also, you have added all sorts of mobility abilities i.e. shadowstep into SoD. And hunters still have a deadzone, and no gap-creating disengage so what the hell are you thinking? It was already MUCH worse than the precident you have set for hunter PVP over the last 15+ years and you’ve now worsened it.

So many people already quit during a lack-luster Phase 3, or quit early this phase due to poor game design and the PVP events, don’t get me started… Good class feel WAS about the only saving grace.

Time for me to go out and touch some grass instead I guess.

1 Like

This whole thread you havn’t undersood. We (hunters and others) all agree you shouldn’t be able to root a whole raid with no cost, short cooldown etc.

That’s not the issue bozo.

Ppl are pissed because it completely ruins the fundamental play style of PVE.

They could have instead nerfed the entrapment talent, or if it was also a PVE number nerf, they could have done that through explosive trap and shot damage.

I dunno why you are wasting your time exposing your own lack of understanding. At least the hunters posting here get a chance to reason with Blizzard (albeit a small chance)

2 Likes

Is not the same when u can hit totem and remove effect but how u can remove trap that effect last 1 min on ground?!

That is issue on classic because u dont have warmode and in order to balance pvp u need to nerf so it spits on pve. Traps should not be free at all idk really who make it like that at first place, had smart idea to do it xDD

Im main hunter from day one when I enter on retail but it is not just about u hunters people have all freedom to talk about it.

No it doesn’t. What is there to ruin even, Hunter traps couldn’t be used at range in Vanilla. It can’t ruin a playstyle that never existed.

same goes to you , oh the irony :joy:

Forcing hunters to use Freezing trap in PVE is painful. Even worse when running a pet with it canceling its attack constantly.

Oooooooooo yeaaaaaaaa. These two abilities are sooooo much alike.

One has 5 hp AND you CAN dispell the slow, and move on. The other is pop FAP or sit there and get rooted over and over and over. And if you survive(esp as a cloth caster) enough to get get off the edge… it is still going.

JUST LIKE EARTHBIND MKAAAAAAAAAY. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

Day 2 of radio silence from blizzard about, when and if we hunters will be able to PVP.
Not even an option to swap your hunter to another class.

Lol, yeah just delete and pick another class if this was all it took for you to be unable to pvp, one less hunter to fear in bg

This is my very first time playing WoW. I started 1.5 months ago and was impressed with the game mechanics in this game, especially for hunters. I really enjoyed the gameplay and the relaxing gameplay.
I reached to 51 lvl for hunter class and…I saw this “nerf”, I was upset to the point that I don’t want to play anymore.
First you give mechanics that become part of the class, and then you take it away.
If you want to do it well, do it badly and give it back. This is a hint.