Triple Blightbreath - How to Beat

I faced someone in PvP who was using 3 Blightbreath pets and all they did was spam Acidic Rain and Dreadfull Breath.
I lost horribly and then put together a counter team:

Sanctum Cub - 2 / 1 / 2

Disgusting Oozeling - 1 / 2 / 2

Filthling H/H - 1 / 2 / 2

This team is very effective and I recomend it if you ever face triple Blightbreath. Open with the Oozeling and put the DoTs on him then kill with Ooze Touch. You may want to switch to your Sanctum cub before the first Blightbreath dies to DoTs so you can apply stoneskin on the undead round. All 3 pets survived.

If you have other ways to counter this team please share!
Double Counters: Beasts with Critter damage - Fox, Vorcupette. Tanky weather changer, like Idol. Nuker, like Starlette. Three Starlettes is hard to handle unless you have an Elemental or a Magic.
12/11/2018 16:05Posted by Gráinne
Double Counters: Beasts with Critter damage - Fox, Vorcupette. Tanky weather changer, like Idol. Nuker, like Starlette. Three Starlettes is hard to handle unless you have an Elemental or a Magic.

Ah, I didn't think of using beasts, thanks for the suggestion! I was afraid to use a weather changer because it then becomes a mind game of who will use the ability first.
Blightbreaths are slow. Like, really slow. The fastest one (273) might outspeed some mediocre opponents, but a straightforward damage tends focus on power. Or is purely random. /shrug

This is what you can take advantage of, and it will be horrific.

Weakness/Jar of Smelly Liquid (the latter for some mysterious reasons deals more damage) is an ability which reduces enemy's effectiveness by 50%. Against faster opponents, it allows you to take a breath (no pun intended) as you become faster for a round.
Against slower opponents… you're able to cripple the target ad nauseam thanks to the effective 1,5 rounds of duration.
The only way to get out of this for a while is swapping out. Which might not be the case at all if someone scripts this pile o'stinky flesh.

Examples? Accursed Hexxer, Viscidus Globule (the fastest and has aquatic damage), the wyrmtongues (you haven't expected a humanoid, did you?).

Remember the Lordaeron!
1 Like
Blightbreaths are slow yes.. so 3 of them get 6 extra attacks thanks to the undead racial, that's like 1200 damage or more.
I faced someone with exact same setup as well. Beat him easily with quiraji guardling, silithid hatchling, autumnal. Obvious sandstorm anti aoe team. Very capable of killing various other meta teams.
12/11/2018 21:19Posted by Спиннинг
Beat him easily with quiraji guardling, silithid hatchling, autumnal. Obvious sandstorm anti aoe team. Very capable of killing various other meta teams.

THANK you!

Was on the tip of my mind when I mentioned the Idol. Rosqo has a video specifically on ths subject: Qiraji, Autumnal. Starlette. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siIo_hb78WM
Beasts don't do well against blightbreath if it runs toxic smoke. Sandstorm or wyrmy are the way to go
2 Likes
The best counter to a triple Blightbreath team is the Frostwolf Ghostpup.

It will 1v3 them while keeping the other 2 pets alive.
Hermit crab 1, 1, 1 can solo them.

Edit: want THE best counter to them? Forfeit button! Don't not indulge someone like that.
Thanks for the tips
Hopling with tounge(critter against undead), poison and backflip. Use backflip as much as possible (stun + free damage + free heal), apply poison, and lick away. Hopling is seriously underrated.
1 Like