Troll Mage (Darkspear)

What do you think of the troll mage?
is it viable lore-wise?

Ya in zul dungeons(cata) you can see many troll mages.

But human BE and NE have most noticeable mages.

Zalazane was a Mage. We defeated him both back in Vanilla as well as in BfA story.

Am not just a fan of thier animation…lorewise…no issues at all

Makes more sense than orc and nelf mages…

1 Like

You mean like the nelf mages that have been around for over 10000 years and their entire civilization was build with and by arcane magic? Their former queen was one of the most powerful mages that ever lived.

2 Likes

The lore states “Night elves who take this class are stripped of their racial heritage, effectively transforming into high elves, although they do not physically change.”

Highborne. High elves are blood elves with blue eyes. Not the same.

I’m only copy pasting what it says in the WoW RPG book.

This rpg book isn’t canon at all.

1 Like

They were not explored much in game but it is indeed fascinating and unusual combo.

In my headcanon the knowledge was passed down by the Zandalari via scrolls and tablets and Darkspears before their exile took them and decided to study them as a means to find new ways to fight for their survival.

Trolls have thier own enchanting traditions and I believe they mix up regular mage knowledge with their tribal culture.

So instead of flying fire speres they would have tiki masks that would have their own "enchanted in " intelligence and working like those massive ones in revamped Zul’Gurub.

They would enchant body paint and apply it on their bodies as protection marks.

Would morph elementals to resemble their Loa od choice and they would worship Zanza the Restless.

In case of Zandalari Graal is also patron of knowledge seekers

In Vanilla wow there were 3 blindfolded troll females that seemed to be able to monitor what is going on the world. And thanks to Zalazane quest they were able to make juju heaps to store and channel power.

Kinda a shame this combo is not explored because elfies and humans seems to monopoly mage lore.

1 Like

Would that be druidism. like when cenarious refused to train illidan any further because he was interested and practising arcane. It been a long time since I read war of the ancients so i may be innacurate a wee bit…
Must hoke that out and re read.

Playable Nelf Mages are taught by the mages of Eldre’thalas (The Shen’dralar), who joined the Alliance in Cataclysm. Not sure how they don’t make sense, seeing as Nelf Mages were in the Warcraft games, and the Shen’dralar, who are just one specific group of those, have been in the game since Vanilla. :thinking:

Wasn’t Zalazane a witch doctor?

1 Like

It’s lore-friendly…

Lorewise it might be a bit unusual, but they are perfectly capable of pursuing the arcane arts, even if it’s a more out of the norm for Trolls to do it compared to Blood Elves or Humans.

Well here she is! my darkspear troll mage! feeling quite lore-friendly TBH :laughing:

Pretty sure he was just a mage aspiring to be a Witch Doctor.
Gadrin is a Witch Doctor tho, younger trolls stay away from da voodoo tho untill they are worth it.

Zalazane wanted to rush it and he ended how he ended.

Why would he be a mage though, if he was trained by a Witch Doctor? Those are two very different paths.
Sure, Witch Doctors might have a few Arcane abilities but they are their own thing, even if they aren’t playable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.