[Troll-RP] Blood Moon Rising (Mueh'zala) – 26th of March

The whispers have become few and far between since the betrayal of Bwonsamdi but the most devout have persisted in secret, clinging to the remnants of their god’s unimaginable power while biding their time. Guided by forbidden tomes and whispered prophecies, devotees and opportunists alike embark on a perilous journey in hopes of awakening the Father of Sleep from his slumber once and for all.

INTRODUCTION

:wave:Hello gamers!

With 10.2.7 on the horizon and the troll heritage questline almost within sight, I thought that a good ol’ interest check for a player-driven chain of events would be suitable! While the interest check itself focused on the inaugural event, other events are already being planned as a result of a broader interest in the recent tensions between followers of Bwonsamdi and Mueh’zala and, by extension, the upcoming heritage questline.

… And as you might have guessed already, the initial idea behind this storyline was to follow a sect of Mueh’zala worshippers and opportunists who attempt to weaken Bwonsamdi’s hold on his former master and unleash the wrath of the Ancient One upon the world.

PHASES AND EVENTS

The first phase will be initiated by a gathering that has been mentioned in hushed whispers by Mueh’zala devotees and opportunists alike on the 27th of March at 20.00 ST in Xibala. As they assemble in the shadows, commend one another for the progress made thus far and confer about how they may release the eternal god of death, the first of many sacrifices will need to be made.

With that being said, the first phase was intended to be as flexible as possible and you can therefore engage with the storyline in whatever way you like, so…

• Do you want to participate in the pre-arranged events? We’d love to have you!

• Do you want to write a short story about a sacrifice your character makes? Go for it.

• Do you want to arrange a supplementary event for you and your friends? The sky is the limit!

• Do you want to commission an artist to visualise your character’s actions? Please buy some for my poor Farraki priestess as well, lol.

TIMELINE

Due to its reliance on the troll heritage questline and the details related to it, things are bound to change and be altered over time. However, the current scope looks something like this:

27/03 Blood Moon Rising (gathering)
??/04 TBA
??/05 Community Campaign (10.2.7)

TL;DR

• Let’s make trolls (read: Mueh’zala, the imprisoned Loa of Death) great again, yeah?
  • The first of many events will be on the 27th of March at 20.00 ST.
  • Due to the nature of the setting, the chain of events will have a heavy emphasis on the Mueh’zala-worshipping Farraki, but believers or opportunists from the other tribe are more than welcome to participate as well.
  • All feedback is appreciated regardless, even if you don’t have a troll character or are one of those rare off-realmers.
20 Likes

It is good to see some plans for troll stuff, but I do believe you’ll struggle focusing around Mueh’Zala, due to the small number who do follow him, most being Farraki, making a minority in an already small community.

I think there’s also a potential for having a setup of Bwonsamdi v Mueh’Zala followers, which might make engagement from the troll community much easier, as there are plenty of bwon followers (like me) who would try to stop this if they could.

5 Likes

A good note, really. With Mueh’zala’s followers being so few, perhaps it’d be wise to seek out more desperate alliances? There still are followers of Hi’reek, Dambala, even Hakkar or worse, maybe some of them would help out?

4 Likes

I’ve already weighed in on this elsewhere, but I’m definitely interested in a chance to take my Farraki geezer out for a change.

Death has a point, but I also think that having the event cater to the shadier side of Loa worshippers is a good angle to take. I’d personally be fine with smaller scale stuff if there isn’t much turnout as that does allow for more one on one moments, but there is opportunity to also include followers of other gods that are more evil aligned, like Linma said.

3 Likes

I am slowly waking up from my hibernation. Now, while I feel it may be hard to gather a large number of sand troll players, I know from experience that you do not need a large number of people to have a good time with a plot or cultural event.

In fact, I do have a Sand troll I never did anything with other than loosely use her to model some Farraki clothing commission stuff. It could be nice to finally do some rp on her.

With the others involved being the Bwonsamdi worshippers, I do expect us (sand trolls) to be heavily outnumbered. That is not impossible to work around. I know a few people who could NPC if required and environmental things are also an option. As Linma suggested, having other allies with loa who worked alongside Mueh’zala could help as well. In fact, one could also appeal to those unhappy with Bwon having been made loa of kings, if that remains relevant after the inheritance quest line.

3 Likes

Always thrilling to see more troll content being considered, even if it is by the stinky followers of the non-true Loa of Death. If anything, much like Deathscarred pointed out, there’s plenty of followers of Bwonsamdi who’d be eager to try and stop this IC so if this kicks off it could make for some great conflict interactions.

The other posters here also have made some great points about potential partnerships with followers of Dambala or Hir’eek that could be considered if enough people show interest.

All in all, a hopeful initiative.

7 Likes

Thank you for all of your feedback thus far!! :dracthyr_yay_animated:

I have had some issues with my internet provider these last couple of days but I’ll get back to you lot with a proper reply when it (hopefully) is sorted out tomorrow.

1 Like

OP here. :dracthyr_yay_animated:
As mentioned in the original post, the concept was made with a small amount of people in mind but it’s great to see such a varied bunch of people weighing in with their own thoughts!

The same thought have crossed my mind one or twice during the process as well and it would be epic as hell. Let’s see how well the initial events are received but ehm… I’ll stay in touch. :smiling_imp:

That would be a great addition to the concept Ayakku! I’ll make sure to get in touch with you once the time is right.

2 Likes

This is very interesting!

A small group of semi-religious wanderers hailing from Zandalar might indeed find their way in the midst of these goings on!

1 Like

Aight! You probably know me better as Xic’rasha, so feel free to poke me on discord!

2 Likes

The concept is still very much on but it has been postponed until late April/early May. Stay tuned and once again thank you all for the feedback! :dracthyr_heart:

3 Likes

… and we’re back, baby! After last night’s succesful community event, I can finally announce that the Blood Moon Rising event will commence on the 27th of March in Xibala! :ghost:

More information will be released in the days leading up to the event so stay tuned!

2 Likes

Old Zen’ghul will answer the call

4 Likes

Perhaps the Death Seer will make an appearance, he remains sceptical but is open to hearing what these Prophets of Mueh’zala really have to offer…

2 Likes

Look at all those sand trolls showing up. Love to see it

2 Likes

Sounds cool will check it out for sure :smiley:

2 Likes

Love to see some shady troll stuff going on.

Taz’dingo!

1 Like

As the moon casts its silvery glow upon the vast jungle of Zuldazar, a primal and unearthly wail can be heard coming from the Throat of Xibala, echoing through the trees and foliage like a harbinger of doom. With each haunting wail, the surrounding area seems to come alive with a chorus of unseen voices, as spirits long dormant stir from their slumber and shadows dance amidst the trees.

Due to RL circumstances, the event had to be brought forward… so the gathering will take place tomorrow(!) at the Throat of Xibala from 20.00 and onwards!

MOAH SAND! Will be there :smiley:

The sand troll crops are thriving

2 Likes