[Troll RP] Shadow of the Empires - 8 years of troll RP! - back in Zul'Gurub

These guys are absolutely amazing.

Rarely did I find any guild putting this amount of energy and time into the trolls of their roster. Lovely casual RP and the many events and plots are often tailored towards the specific trolls, whether you just joined or are a veteran.

Keep it up, I miss you guys a lot and I can’t wait to get back to troll RP with you all.

6 Likes

How active are you? Do you have a lot of events, and do you accept people’s alts or do you have activity rules? My main is Alliance but I am looking for good troll guilds to RP my (upcoming) troll in. Planning one with the Horde and one against the Horde.

2 Likes

Last few weeks we’ve been very active, having 2-3 events a week.
Usually there’s also a bunch of people every evening up for some RP in Zul’gurub, and like I said many times before, the focus is on character progression. Members are encouraged to do plots for their trolls that involve other people. (Go out on a hunt for feathers for your mask with some of your fellow hunters)

The great GMs Dahti and Zelujin go out of their way to help develop these characters. The general atmosphere is very inviting and pretty much every member will be glad to help you out with your character.
Never been in a more friendly guild.

Once you pass the trial period, you can bring in alts. There’s really no rules on activity. I suggest that you read the rules on our website if you’re interested! www.shadowoftheempires.com

If you’re a one for a more day-to-day and realistic rp and not a strict military one, you’ll definitely find a home here and will be welcomed!

4 Likes

I’d just like to mention, as I understand it you can join with an alt that isn’t your RPing main (Raxa isn’t mine, and this was something I checked prior to joining), but until you pass the trial period you can’t join with “multiple trolls”.

I’m sure an officer will bimble along and correct me if I’m wrong, but so long as you plan on RPing the character, whether or not it’s your main isn’t an issue.

(Disclaimers: we’d prefer not to be a random troll dumping ground for unplayed Alts, I am in no way shape or form an officer so may be completely wrong, as with all things RP; you get out what you put in, if you rarely play you won’t progress or develop as a character very far, but if you play at least semi-regularly, there’s no reason you can’t have a RP (or even PvE/PvP) main lurking elsewhere.)

3 Likes

Thanks for the answers. I just really want troll RP but I know I can’t dedicate myself fully to it.

2 Likes

That is more that fine! We don’t have any rules an activity and we have plenty of players who come back to WoW for a few weeks a year max - those find no trouble finding RP with us and joining plotlines: if anything providing a structural, active environment for troll RP to always ‘come back’ to without high barriers has definitely been one of our goals for a good while now.

That said, it’s probably common sense you might not want to roll a too ambitious character if you know beforehand you can’t be very active - but any Spear, Mystic or tribestroll is more than welcome!

5 Likes

We are currently sharing the Zul’gurub hub with these lovely folks and frankly the RP we’ve had with them so far has been nothing but wonderful.

Would definitely recommend these guys!

5 Likes

Visited last night and my toon was guided in his Bethekk worship by your priest. Absolutely great stuff, engaging and I was baffled (in a good way) by trolls spending so much time and effort on a randomer without immediately trying to recruit me IC or OOC. Just lovely.

4 Likes

Thank you, and likewise!

We try! A lot of our trolls are holding Loa worship very high, so they’re more than willing to help out any troll to visit the temples and shrines. Glad we could give you a proper experience.

Talking about temples and shrines - tonight the trolls managed a trade for tigers for Shirvallah’s Rise, but with the beasts in a bad state and the renovations of the temples anywhere near complete, they find their hands full on giving the Tiger Loa and its children the proper attention. Any Shirvallah (or tiger) enthusiast is more than welcome to join and help out - give us a poke!

7 Likes

I’m curious! What kind of Shirvallah-themed RP is planned? My troll follows Bethekk but cats, mon.

1 Like

Thanks for your interest!

With the area that has canonically been Shirvallah’s area not having been used as such for years, most of the RP focussed on renovating the area and make it a proper place worthy for the Great Tiger once more. Those without a knack for building are more than encouraged to shower the place in offerings or sacrifices for the Loa - the temples might not be in shape yet, but the altar definitely is!

Furthermore, we’ve generally rolled with every Loa shrine except Shirvallah’s having the Loa’s children around – from the spider-invested rise of Shadra to the bats fluttering at Hir’eek. Last Sunday we have gotten our hands on some tigers that are generally in a bad state, so those with more affinity towards animals work on both patching up and guiding the beasts.

Everyone is more than welcome to pop by and help in our efforts. We usually have a bigger Shirvallah-themed tournament of strength and a week of celebration every summer, and will announce that one once the time is there!

3 Likes

Expect a visit :ok_hand:

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing you around! It’s about time Shirvallah gets some more attention - can’t wait to see what kind of RP the new tigers will bring!

3 Likes

Any Loa teachings planned soon? I might be able to make it this month for once :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh so sorry for the late reply! We typically have Loa Teachings every other Monday, with a celebration to the appointed Loa the Sunday before that.

For example we had a Loa Teaching for Sethraliss around the 1st of April, and now this past Sunday we had a small casual-esque celebration in Her name!

2 Likes

Great, mind if I come by next monday? What Loa is planned then if I may ask?

You are definitely welcome - the next Loa celebration will be for Legba, and will be hosted on Sunday the 28th of April. We have not chosen the Loa for the Loa teaching on Monday the 29th of April, however you are welcome to step by for that as well!

2 Likes

Paid a visit, probably best troll RP I’ve had in a while. Blown away by the variety of characters and effort, thanks man. You still open for new recruits?

1 Like

Thanks, great you hear you had a good time! Unless stated on the forums wer’e always open for new recruits. Hope to see you around!

Troubling times in Northern Stranglethorn. Tension between the three remaining tribes of the Jungle are rising - and war between the Gurubashi, Bloodscalps and Skullsplitters is about to begin. Ambushes and odd ceremonies and sacrifices are happening all across the jungle, which is causing our trolls to walk the jungle with caution.

Thus, the more trolls that join our cause is all the more appreciated. Last night three trolls decided to step forth and take the Blood Oath. We welcome;

E’ka, the quiet druid with her love for everything aquatic;
Faranji, the young forest troll still doubting the path that lies before him and
Rhejan’aku, the Zandalari servant of Pa’ku!

Furthermore we congratulate the Sandfury Stoneworker Velzat’ha with her newfound position on the city’s Council, as well as the Warbringer Dah’ti. Who will represent the city’s Mystics and Disciples is still unknown - will it be the strange but skilled voodoo mon Ghabula who avoids everything associated with the Blood Oath? Only time will tell.

3 Likes