[Troll RP] Shadow of the Empires - 8 years of troll RP! - back in Zul'Gurub

If I seriously read anymore of this, I am gonna have to make a troll and join you guys.

In all, I am enjoying coming back to this thread and reading stuff up, love it.

4 Likes

The Bloodscalps finally succeeded.

With a final trollish sacrifice pushed into the burning fire despite our trolls efforts to stop them, a roaring Fire Spirit emerged from the flames - Pogeyan had been summoned.

Now, a group of trolls find themselves trapped in a collapsed cave, together with the wounded and raging Pogeyan. Will the rest of their kinsmen find them before it is too late?

3 Likes

Seriously in love with your website, any chance you’ll add the new Loa soon? Again thanks for a great night, especially to your Drakkari and I love how you mons use the cache of madness. Hope my hunter can contribute to the Amani shrine, who can he approach for that?

2 Likes

Glad to hear! We’re planning on making an effort sometime this summer to add the new Loa to the website as well as re-work some of the older Loa. You can contact me or another officer (Azuak, Dahti) and we can talk further about it - the Amani shrines really do need some love, so all help is welcome and appreciated!

2 Likes

A big thanks to all trolls who showed up to a little evening of Jani tonight – especially the guildmembers of the Awoken Heart, who after the event have shown nothing but dedication to help and restore Shrivallah’s Temple to its former glory – RP has been a blast!

2 Likes

Thanks , will do. And me and my buddy can’t wait for the website update it has been a big inspiration!

1 Like

That’s great to hear! We should have a few days off next month where we can properly focus on updating it.

That said - we had a lovely evening of Jani last night. Again thanks to the Awoken Heart and Zulian Legacy to pop by and join in!

1 Like

With peace restored to the jungle, the trolls can focus on their own progression and their connections with the Loa. Antu’s efforts in guiding the trolls with his visions has shown his skill and capabilities, and I would thus like to congratulate him on earning the rank of Seer!

The gates of Zul’Gurub are seeing a high amount of traffic as a trader has set up shop - trading his wares with the trolls of the city!

The Drakkari Vuj has taken it upon himself to ensure that Ogoun, the Loa of War, gets the proper worship He deserves in the city. Thus, Vuj has been working on gathering up trolls to help him in his cause - an expedition to the Blackrock Mountain is currently being arranged as only the best of iron will please the Loa of War.

3 Likes

Visited the other day to bring tribute to Halazzi. I never felt the troll vibe as much as with you people. Thanks for a great evening. I understood Some of you are on a quest for Ogun, is it still possible to meet you in Zul’gurub?

Glad to hear!

Yes, a group of trolls have set out to Blackrock Mountain but there is still a whole lot of roleplay going on in the city as a lot of trolls stayed behind. Looking forward to seeing more of your troll!

2 Likes

This is the moment I finally enter the forums after months of hating the new layout. :eyes:

And I am delighted to say that the RP provided by these good Trolls acceptance has been grand and plentiful. To share the little happenings to react to, to slowly build up on stories weaved by the RP, and react to them accordingly… I am almost saddened by the fact that real life has been taking a lot of time, but once all that is settled - I am more than happy to continue building up with this wonderful little community!

Regards, The Awoken Heart.

( PS: Ought to start stalking the forums more again, whooooops. )

5 Likes

Thank you :blush:

My troll is in Zandalar right now but sets sail to Stranglethorn soon!

3 Likes

Tonight was a night of many emotions.

Antu the Seer invited trolls to Hethiss’ shrine to spend an evening celebrating the name of the Great Slitherer. They were all instructed to each hold a snake to test their connection with their Loa. If they did not get bitten, they knew that their Loa were pleased with their worship.

Every single troll got bitten by a snake this evening, and they all recieved visions on how to improve their worship. Confused and frustrated the trolls barged out of Hethiss’ shrine, some refusing to believe that the visions could be true - even going as far as to claiming that the snakes were ‘broken’ - and some cowered in the weight of the truth.

Special thanks to Antu for hosting this event for us tonight! Now we look forward to another week of Loa Teachings and solving a case of some maps of mysterious underground tunnels. :male_detective::mag_right:

3 Likes

So sad I missed out on this! Do you have these kind of events for outsiders too? It’s time for me and my friend to swing by again either way :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the kind words, Zenzabu! It’s been wonderful meeting and interacting with the Awoken Heart and we’re definitely looking forward to more <3!

Most events are open for non-guildies, though when you’re planning on popping by with bigger numbers and join events do give us a poke in advance, our DM / eventstyle is usually tailored to individual trolls and their progression, and with bigger numbers that usually requires a bit more preparation!

We have officially updated the Loa section of our website with new descriptions of the Loa! All of the Zandalari Loa have been added as well as new and fancy descriptions of the other Loa.

https://www.shadowoftheempires.com/loa

We do not claim that these are the official, canon Blizzard descriptions of the Loa but merely use them as an inspiration for our guild and roleplay!

4 Likes

This is great, thank you. Thanks from my friend too, he’s been using your site for inspiration for years and it is cool to see all the updates!

(Ghostface here)

3 Likes

That’s awesome to hear! We’ve also been featured in Twitter’s august drawing challenge - if you’re looking for some inspiration, be it either by participating or watching the tags get filled with troll-art, give it a look -

Furthermore, - we’re kicking off our next campaign next week, after the build up provided by our Seer the previous weeks!

2 Likes

Our campaign has begun!

The trolls have over the past few months recieved mysterious visions that all point to the same thing - caves. Thus, a scouting party set out to find what the Loa have wanted to show them. Needless to say, the trolls are left with more questions rather than answers as all they found were the dehydrated bodies of dead gorillas. There is definitely some foul voodoo at play, but from who?

4 Likes

Good stuff, always love my visits to Zul’Gurub with these people. Is your Bethekk priest still around? My toon is looking for guidance. Also (needs to be said) awesome work on the site again!

1 Like