Trouble with the Argus questline

Hello there,
I want to go to Argus and I have a hard time finding how to do that. I’ve talked to Khadgar, I’ve done the Sargeras raid in Broken Shore, and even though I know i need a quest named “Hand of Fate” it hasn’t popped yet and I don’t know what should I do next. I also have a quest named “Defending Broken Isles” but I don’t know if it’s relative. Somewhere I read that I should go to Exodar, so I tried that, by taking a ship from Stormwind. When I got there there was a quest on the map but there was noone there to give me that quest.
Please help :stuck_out_tongue: I am just a noble priest :stuck_out_tongue:

After you complete Assault on Broken Shore and unlock Broken Shore content you should go back to Dalaran’s Violet Citadel and Khadgar should have a quest. So right now Khadgar should have a quest for you. I will also leave a link to support article about starting Argus and a wowhead guide.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!
It seems that I’ve done the things you say… I am Honored with the factions needed for Uniting the Isles and I’ve unlocked the world quests in Broken Shore so I’ve done the Assault on Broken Shore… Armies of Legionfall seems to be completed as well… But again Khadgar hasn’t something for meeeeee… :frowning:
Again thanks for your time :slight_smile:

Have a look if these steps sort things out for you:

Make sure your questlog isn’t full and then visit Orgrimmar. A quest might automatically pop up once you arrive.

Otherwise, fly to the Durotar docks, just outside Orgrimmar and find Lady Liadrin, see if she either has a Quest or Dialog option available. She’s normally the one that sends you on to Exodar
Exact location: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=122065/lady-liadrin

Otherwise, Visit (Legion’s version of) Dalaran, go to the deck/balconny where the Flight master is located (Krasus’ Landing). Move to the center, and see if there is a big yellow/gold construction (A Lightforged Beacon) located around there, if so click it.

Otherwise, visit Khadgar inside the Violet Citadel, check exactly which quests he and the people around him have available (or that are already in your questlog). See if any of those quests are related to the Argus campaign (in the wowhead guide that Cedrad linked). If they aren’t related (and you don’t have progress on those quests yet), perhaps abandon them to see if they’re phasing/obscuring anything there.

Also, try copy/pasting the following command in your chatbox (it is 1 long line):

/script for k,v in pairs({["Uniting the Isles"]=43341,["Assault on Broken Shore"]=46734,["Armies of Legionfall"]=46730})do print(format("%s: %s", k, IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "\124cff00ff00DONE\124r" or "\124cffff0000NOT DONE\124r")) end

That should report the status of some of the prerequisites.

Those steps should cover the most likely points where something went wrong.

If those steps still don’t get you back on the questline, then i’d recommend either posting a screenshot of your entire questlog (or writing down all the names) or, if you prefer some more direct help in-game, posting your BattleTag.

1 Like

Don’t tell her to visit Orgrimmar, whe will get attacked there.

1 Like

Haha, good catch, Night Elf not Void Elf, whoops!

Yea, Vereesa Windrunner in the Stormwind Harbor (Stormwind), should be the Alliance-version.

1 Like

Unfortunatelly, I’ve tried the Stormwind port to Exodar, I talk to Khadgar whenever I see him, I went to Krasus Landing, but sadly nothing works. I also copied the code you gave me, and again zero…

Hmm, does the copied macro command show anything in chat at all ?

Oh yes, it says that I’ve done everything it needed to be done… Armies of Legionfall, Assault on Broken shore and Uniting the Isles…

I see, odd.

If you leave your BattleTag, i can try to share the Alliance Hand of Fate quest (first step for Argus questline) with you if you’d like, see what it says.

Also, try running these 2 commands, see at which one it switches from done to missing:

/run local t={"khad",39985,"magic",39986,"unit1",43341,"unit2",45727,"armies",46730,"Aslt",46734}for i=1,#t-1,2 do print(t[i],IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(t[i+1])and "\124cff00ff00Done" or "\124cffff0000Missing")end

/run local t={"seek",47067,"hand1",47221,"2sea",47222,"LE",47223,"Vindi",47224,"IntoNight",48440}for i=1,#t-1,2 do print(t[i],IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(t[i+1])and "\124cff00ff00Done" or "\124cffff0000Missing")end

ok we have something here…
when i copied the first command, it says “done” at everything.
But when i copied the second one i have:
seek missing
hand1 done
2sea done
LE done
Vindi done
IntoNight missing.

what is it doctor? :stuck_out_tongue:

It looks like you may have done the first 4 quests of the Argus campaign at some point, but not the 5th quest.

hand1, 2sea, LE and Vindi (that all said they were done) are the shorthand names for these quests:

• The Hand of Fate
  • Two If By Sea
  • Light’s Exodus
  • The Vindicaar

IntoNight is shorthand for “Into the Night”:

I guess you were indeed on the right track before, when you tried to visit Exodar.

I’d return to Azuremyst Isle again, head inside the city (down the ramps to the main/lower level), and then to the back of the Vault of Lights area there.

Most likely you’ll find Velen there with your quest.

3 Likes

I AM ON THE VENDICAAR and Velen is there and Illidan is there and we’re off to Argus!
Thanks so much for your help… Better than anything I’ve found online!
Take care and safe travels!

5 Likes

Great! I’m glad you solved your issue. Sometimes it can be hard to track your exact progress through quests.

Indeed.
The wowhead quest tracker can be helpful in many of those situations
https://www.wowhead.com/quest-completion-tracker

But this just happens to be one of those quest lines that takes place all over the world and thus doesn’t really fit into the “per zone”-categories.

Wonderful job everyone! Great to see all these fansite resources and personal experience being put to good use :).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.