Troubles with understanding buying "game", subscription and game time

Yes, I was too happy that I will get these mounts, I gathered gold for it and upgrading my items slowly and now this… -_-

Okay, I’ve created the new one - Pandaren - Rogue on “Crushridge”. I don’t want to play at server where is 500k people (for start), after that I will, but I want to start as simple guy at not that populated server. I will join to Horde (like it more).

Is it good? Have I done a mistake? :confused:

I am very sorry. I think Dottie and I are doing more harm than good here.

If you don’t want to restart on one of the big servers like Draenor, then please forget we said anything, and carry on with your Blood Elf rogue on Doomhammer.

You can have a perfectly good game on the minority end of a low-pop realm, and if you want to reroll or transfer later, when you feel a need for a bigger realm, you still can.

I remember how I would have felt, giving up my progress to level 20, and it’s not worth that just to move to another low-pop.

Once again, I’m sorry we interfered, and messed you around. Enjoy your game, the way you want!

1 Like

You don’t have to be sorry. I should learn something before creating a character. You actually helped me a lot.

I will probably continue my adventure with Pandaren Rogue, because there is majority of Horde.

And idk About that “low population server”, because WoW itself said “Population: High”. We’ll see… :smiley:

//edit:
And about that population… I didn’t want 500k of Horde (Draenor), because there are always a lot of mobs dead. And it was full, same as another server with the majority of Horde and population over 300k players.

1 Like

OK. I hope you enjoy yourself!

Please ask again if you have any more questions or want help. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So, yesterday at lunch I managed to get level 20 on this Pandaren character and immidiately bought game time (just to try it). I must say that my mount is really disappointment. That turtle is really lame. :smiley: But it’s something like motivation to get another (& more beatiful) one.

I want to ask a new thing, one of my clothes was broken, so I opened wowhead and took look on the Orgrimmar vendors map - got repair. But I want to ask if it worth it or I just should buy another and forget about repairing at my level. There’s an another question - of course. I’ve played MMoRPG once (not WoW) and there was only basic things on clothes (like just armor) and you had to enchant your things to get another aspects (like stamina, critical, etc.) - is that same here? From which level should I consider buying and enchanting my items?

Thanks again, you are my saviours! :slight_smile:

//edit:
Will I be only capable to wear leather clothes? Should I discard/sell every other material?

Ah, once you get on a little, you will find that mount collecting is one of the ongoing pleasures of the game - so it’s ok that your first mount leaves you wanting more. (Though as a Night Elf, I was spoiled; Tigers are AWESOME!)

Repairing is always good. When I hit a town, I always repair all gear, and vendor anything I have in my bags I won’t need. You change gear so often when levelling that you may never actually need to repair before you replace the item, but do it anyway; when an item breaks, its stats and utility go away, and that really sucks, especially for weapons.

You should vendor any gear that is “Soulbound” and that you are not going to wear.

While talking about vendoring - you can list “Binds when Equipped” gear pieces you pick up on the Auction House, where, IF they sell you will get a lot more gold then from vendoring. Knowing what will sell, and what price to ask, requires knowing the market. You don’t have to use the AH, but it’s another area of potential interest. If you do, get the addon Auctionator and learn to love The Undermine Journal https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/crushridge where you can look up current and historic prices.

Here’s the first of a three-part series about making gold in WoW. Still the best basis I’ve ever seen, though some of the assumptions like low level herbs and materials selling well have now sadly changed because of game changes.

You can enchant lots of items at low level to get extra stats, but it’s generally not worth it nowadays because you level so fast that you won’t get much use out of an enchant before you replace the item.

Yes, as a Rogue, you will only ever wear Leather.

1 Like

Okay, I will check it out and I wanted to ask one more thing (now, but there will be more :smiley:)…

When I have some spells with shooting (from gun), I’ve got some guns drops, can I use them? Because Rogue should be melee DPS, so using guns isn’t very correct.

//edit:
I mean that I’ve got some long range weapons from the NPC’s drops.

No, you don’t equip long ange weapons. There was a time, earlier in the game’s history, when Warriors and Rogues had to equip long range weapons in a third weapon slot provided for their long range attacks, but now Outlaw (which I see you’ve adopted) gets Pistol Shot at level 10, and you don’t actually need to equip a wepon for that to work.

1 Like

Okay, I see. I wasn’t sure, cause I can equip it with right-click (for example with two-handed weapon I can’t do that = little bit confusing). :smiley:

Yea, I’ve adopted an Outlaw spec, because I saw it on WoWHead like the best choice for leveling Rogue character. On the first Rogue character I’ve tried Assasination, but it wasn’t that enjoyable for me (after the first few levels), so I’ve tried this one and I really like it.

I wanted to ask about clearing bags - should I sell things like Shadowgem or is it better to keep it? And should I have replacement for my clothes and weapons in bags or should I sell it?

For quests & items, Wowhead is your bible.

For what to do with your class, Icy Veins is your guide. Here’s your page:

Yeah, bags, what to sell, what to keep.

Some starting rules:

1. Keep your Hearthstone. You can’t sell it anyway.

2. Keep any bags that drop for you. They are more bags, up to Backpack + Four, and after that, you can use them in Bag Slots in your Bank.

3. Materials. You will see cloth, jewels, maybe sometimes herbs and ore, drop from mobs. Those will be labelled “Crafting Material”. Mats are used to learn skill in professions. If you are not using that profession, sell them. You can try to sell them on the AH, but Blizzard have killed that part of the game pretty good now, so I wouldn’t generally bother.

4. Gear that says “Soulbound”. If you’re not wearing it, vendor it. This can be different at max level, and can also be different for classes that have multiple roles, but for now, just vendor it.

5. Gear that says “Binds when Equipped”. If it’s an upgrade for you wear it. If not, sell it. As I said before, it’s possible you might get more for some pieces of it by selling it on the Auction House, but you might also just waste your listing fee.

6. Greys. Anything you pick up that is Grey (Common) quality is junk. Vendor it.

1 Like

Can I just add to Gráinnes number 5. Some gear that is Bind on Equip is worth large amounts of gold, I mean sometimes thousands of gold. There is part of the game called transmogging and these items are sought after for that.

What I do is have a second character near an auction house and bank, you can use Orgrimmar for horde, so I can mail them the items and put them on the AH without going back on the character I am playing. You don’t play the character so you don’t need to level it.

Choose an Orc, just head east out the start area, follow the road then head north as soon as you can on the road, through razor hill and the crevasse , until you see the HUGE gate, the AH is two buildings in on the Right, you will need to send the character some silver too so they can sell stuff.

1 Like

Okay, that’s really usefull tip. I will make a new char to do that, but do I have to always check if it’s worth “thousands of gold” or are there any indicators? :smiley:

//edit:
Will be any char deleted after not signing on it? If so, how much time do I have?

Characters are not deleted unless you delete them manually. Even when you stop subscribing to the game. There are some rules about their names being recycled after a couple of expansions, but nothing you need to worry about.

Anyway, you should log your banker every day, to pick up whatever your main has mailed him, and create auctions. :slight_smile:

Very few gear pieces you might auction will go for thousands, but tens or hundreds, sure. There is no way for you to know without checking. I also don’t know what the mog market is like on that realm. If you Controi-Left-Click the item in your bag, you will see what it looks like on your character. If it looks spectacular or sexy, it might be worth something.

Best thing to do is go to your AH, and just look at Items and see the kind of spread they go for. Don’t forget that when you do put something up for auction, it costs you, and if it doesn’t sell, you lose that deposit. That will be a factor until you make your first few hundred gold.

1 Like

The easiest way is to use something called an addon but that’s a whole new thing to get into, addons do so much stuff, there is one called undermine journal that puts the recent AH price in the tooltip. If you are going to install any addon it’s best to use the twitch desktop app, that makes it easy.

These addons can do things like change the User interface, maps, character panes and many other things. It’s best not to use any that alter the way the game looks to start with.

1 Like

Okay, thanks!

I will give it a shot (that whole AH thing)… :smiley:

And I know what the add-ons are, I used them on the other games and, in fact, I’ve installed Twitch desktop app the very first day of my WoW adventure, because I’ve seen a video about it and add-ons.

Hey, so… I’ve been leveling a little bit and I wanted to try or prepare for getting some of the flying mounts, etc.
But then I saw on the WoWHead in something: “Requires Mists of Pandaria” Do I have it automaticaly? Or do I need to buy BfA to get everything what was before that version (or how it’s called)? Or can I even get it right now - are these things allowed only for people who played it and bought the game at this version of the game?

Thanks!

If you have only paid for gametime or subscription; you have access to every single expansion and content that was prio to Battle for Azeroth. So yes, you have access to Mists of Pandaria content.

You only need to buy Battle for Azeroth when you are ready or if you wish to move on to content that is above lvl 110 (up to 120).

2 Likes

Okay, thank you! I wanted to ask one more thing… When I clicked on my in-game name here at the forums and then on the char profile I can see there in the collections (mounts) Snowy Gryphon. How can I have it? I haven’t played as an Alliance, so I can’t use it anyways, but still I’ve somehow got it… :smiley:

I think it is showing the alliance alternative to something your horde character has.
That is all :slight_smile:

In many cases if you play horde and buy an horde mount then you will automaticly get it’s alliance equivelant. There are some mounts where it doesn’t work but for the most cases it does. You can also see that mount in your ingame collections if you go to the filters and check unusable.

2 Likes