Troubles with understanding buying "game", subscription and game time

Hey, guys, me again… :smiley:
I would like to know if I can be in a guild that is on my realm or if it can be anywhere and it doesn’t matter.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Realm or connected realm only.

1 Like

Thanks, and what exactly means “connected realm”? :smiley:

Google search brings up…

Okay, thanks! :slight_smile:

And the last thing for now… Should I after reaching 90 start to enchant things or should I wait for the highest level?

Wait for max level - unless you are an enchanter, or wearing heirlooms …

Hmm, which I see you are.

OK, this gets more complicated.

If not wearing heirlooms, you don’t keep gear while levelling long enough to be worth enchanting it.

If wearing heirlooms, the biggest benefit is in levels up to 60 from the effect of higher-level enchants, so you have in fact missed the major benefit of enchants on your heirlooms already.

So you could slap enchants on weapons and rings. Personally I probably wouldn’t bother at this stage, but if you feel a burning need to dump a bunch of gold, it wouldn’t be totally insane.

According to Icy Veins

your ring enchants would be

amd your weps would be

and

The ring enchants are quite cheap, anywhere from 5 to 100 gold, I suppose, depending on realm.

The wep enchants, however, will set you back more like 2,000 each. Not really a good use of gold especially for a new leveller. I’d hold off on those until you’re at 120, and not bother paying amything like that on with weapons below item level 400.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, at least I understand now! :slight_smile:
This game has better community than I’m used to, because a lot of people help me understand it more and more which is in this world something unbelievable. That’s one of the reasons I keep playing… On the other hand, idk what I would do without these answers… :smiley: :smiley:

And when I will get 110 and I will buying the game… do I need “base game”? I googled it and on the some pages I found that I need it, but in some article I saw that in the BfA it is no longer needed, but it was prolly only 1 page/website. :confused:

1 Like

You don’t need to buy the “base game”. You are already playing it!

The “base game” aka World of Warcraft aka BattleChest is no longer sold separately; you just need to keep buying game time up to level 110.

To get above 110, you will need to buy BfA, and of course continue with buying game time.

1 Like

Ok, nice, thanks. At least this information I’ve searched properly. :smiley:

1 Like

So, I’ve reached level 100, then in the Legion (or Dalaran or whatever :smiley:) chose my artifact weapon, but I was thinking about something from the Draenor which I liked the most. I’ve got (like a reward from a quest) new “spell” (idk how I should call this kind of reward) and it does “Summons Mechashredder 5000” - I could control it and I had 3 abilities and after some amount of time it despawned and made 10m cooldown (prolly you know what it is, so I don’t need to talk about it more)… :smiley:

But I wanted to ask, if there is something similar which I can use everywhere or on the more places and not only at the 1 exact zone in Draenor.

Thanks… again. :smiley:

1 Like

I know the thing. In Gorgrond.

No, there is nothing like that that you can get everywhere.

In Legion, in your Class Hall, you can choose one of your followers to be your bodyguard, like the bodyguards you could get from your Garrison, but more effective and less annoying.

In Legion, at end-game of 110 in the zone of Argus, you could get a similar super-powered suit with a 10 minute cooldown like the shredder, but you will probably be moving on to BfA without stopping in Argus.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks.

This is a little bit sad for me, but I can live with it… :smiley: And yes, I will probably try to go straight into BfA, but I want to come back to some of the zones (for example Pandaria) and get mounts from there, etc. So, maybe I will use it. And I don’t know how exactly work world quests, but maybe I can use it when I get my quest in these areas.

Yes, Argus is all about world quests.

World Quests are nothing special. They are just regular quests that pop up for you when you anter the area to do them. You don’t have to go to the quest giver, and the reward just materialises in your bag when it’s complete.

2 Likes

Okay, that’s good to know, but probably I have still time for that. :smiley:
I thought it’s just collecting the daily and weekly quests from the well-known quest givers. :smiley:

1 Like

Hello, it’s me… again… :smiley:

I’ve reached my very first level 110 and I know that I can go to the last stage of the leveling (BfA) [which I’ve bought a few days ago], but I was wondering that what if I’ll wait a little bit and instead of rushing into BfA, I would stay in the Legion and complete everything to the Suramar and get aditional quest(-line) and unlock allied race Nightborne. Is it a good or stupid idea with my very first character?

Also, I can see in some videos that these players have more things in their artifact weapons, will I get this “ladder” (or whatever it is) when I am at 110 lvl and unlocked the last relic slot?

Plus, should I keep getting relics and level my artifact weapon or will I get anything better in the BfA or somewhere else?

Thanks guys once more! :slight_smile:

You could start Suramar, but getting to exalted will take a little while as it’ll be gated behind world quests. So you could for instance pop back there once a day, get all the rep you can and then get back to levelling. If you want to play a nightborne later on you might as well unlock them, but it’ll take time.

The artifact weapons are deactivated now, so they’re basically just normal weapons. You can stick relics in them to increase their item level (aka damage) but beyond that there are no benefits and you’ll get upgrades after a few quests in bfa.

Furthermore Suramar has quite hard hitting mobs, or at least it did before the ilvl squish, so you would benefit from getting some bfa levelling gear before going there.

1 Like

Let me take your second question first.

Artefact trees have been discontinued. Personally I think that’s a shame, but there it is. So you will not be able to progress those like in Legion. You can still get Relics for Artefacts, to increase their power slightly, but that’s not a big thing.

Now, should you stay in Legion instead of going to BfA immediately?

That’s entirely up to you. If you’re enjoying yourself, you certainly can.

Personally, I would not stay in Legion.

I would move on into BfA, get to 120, get some gear, and then, if I wanted, go back and finish Suramar and the Nightfallen requirements. At 120, with ilevel 400 or so, which is pretty fast to get now, you will be much more powerful, and get through things faster. You can even solo any dungeon quests you have, and maybe raid quests, depending on your class and spec.

And after rather a tedious climb to 120/400, you will appreciate how far you have come since 110.

And then the question is added: if you do stay in Legion, do you want to lock your XP at 110? I think the answer to this is no. There will be a requirement for Nightborne to do a raid, and nobody is doing LFR at 110 now, so being at 110 doesn’t really help you there. If you keep questing in Legion, you will gain a few levels, up to 113 or 114. (At 111, you can buy some quite good BfA gear at the Auction House quite cheap.)

As always, you are my savior… :smiley:

So, I will go straight to the BfA. Will I know which gear you mean (that good, but cheap at 111)? And about enjoying Legion… hmm, idk. :smiley: Personally, I liked MoP and WoD much more than Legion. I’ve just wanted to unlock these allied races Nightborne and if I would have still mood Highmountain Tauren, but this will be a very long path, because I probably need to finish my current zone (Stormheim), after that Val’sharah and after that finally whole Suramar and rep.

So, I will finish my picked up quests there and after that I will travel to the BfA - wish me luck… :smiley::smiley:

Thanks bro.

Let me be clear.

My suggestion of good, cheap gear from the AH applied only to the case where you were staying in Legion and not locking your XP.

Since you were staying in Legion, you would not have got any, or much, better gear, so this would be a help from 111 to 113/114.

If you are progressing to 120 in BfA, you will get regular better gear from BfA quests, so there is no need to buy any.

Everything you want to finish in Legion becomes MUCH faster and easier at 120.

Highmountain Tauren is easy enough at 120. Killing the second boss in Neltharion’s Lair gives rep with the Highmountain, and at 120 you can speed through killing him 10 times an hour. So after you finish Highmountain quests, you can do that to finish the rep. A bit monotonous, but easy.

1 Like

Oh, okay, I missed that part about staying-in-the-Legion-scenario. :smiley:

And if I’ve already got achievement “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” will I have in Highmountain more quests to do? Or just that thing with the boss?