Trying hardcore

Hello everyone.

I will be trying Hardcore starting today.
is there any advantage from being Horde for hardcore? It seems to me that there are higher numbers on the Alliance side and i was wondering if that’s for a particular reason?

People seem to agree that Horde has better zones, even if it is only the starting areas, better lore for quests etc and access to dungeons but i may be completely wrong.

Not big of an advantage really. Horde has Ragefire Chasm which is accessible from lower level than Deadmines. Horde has the shaman class but it’s not the best DPS or healer so you are not missing much if you choose Alliance. Alliance has paladins who provide good buffs in dungeons and raids which could be considered an advantage if you plan to raid on a hardcore character. Just choose what you like more and if you are 1st time trying it’s likely that you’ll have to try again.

The crowds choose Horde for min/maxing purposes because there’s a perception that Horde racials are better for PvP than Aliance racials, and because they’re heavily influenced by streamers and Youtube influencers who tell them that Horde is the ‘true Vanilla experience.’

But on hardcore it makes very little difference as you won’t really be engaging in PvP.

Just play what you enjoy and if you can’t choose play both :slight_smile:

I play both Alliance and Horde on HC and I think you should try both factions too starting with what you want the most, which race and class combo seems the most interesting for you.

Just need to be wary about server choice: stitches has way more Alliance players then Horde, and Horde seems to be more active on Nek’rosh.

Although the majority plays Alliance Stitches,that’s where the most ppl rn.

What about tear of Elune? Item that is effectively single use petrification flask available via Alliance only quest before you can use petri to avoid death via logging off while you are invulnerable like during divine interaction spell used on you.