Trying to fix boosting and other gear related problems in Arena. Here’s my idea!

No, gear scaling is not the solution imo. It breaks the idea of character progression, which a lot of people enjoy. People want to feel stronger with gear and they should be able to, but at the appropriate ranking.

“This idea is bad cause it isn’t perfect so keep bad system with even more flaws”.

I need some macro to quickly ignore such people…

1 Like

Thank you. You got it. You literally said the exact same thing my idea is all about. If you are at 2.1k CR, you should be able to use 226 ilvl.
If you’re at less than 1400 rating you should be able to use 200 ilvl gear, not more. Unless you rank up above 1400 rating.

You progress in ilvl gear as you rank up.

Holy, you’re stupid xD Ty for your useful insight I guess

I get what you’re saying, only that a glad in 200 ilvl will still beat a low rated folk with the same ilvl simply because he’s more skilled, has more experience.

It’s still boosting isn’t it?

Remember that you only scale down your gear if you choose to play at a lower rating. You never scale upwards, that is all about your gear progression where you farm conquest points/ honor and gear up as you progress you CR. If you hit 1600 mark, well, good job, you can now start improving your gear to ilvl 213. Nothing will stop you, even I you fall down a 100 rating. Like the system is today.

You critized idea which would solve annoying boosters problem just because in case 1 in 100000 you would be slightly weaker, take your “stupid” back.

1 Like

Every serious competitive game has the restriction for high rated players in low CRs for this reason alone. People should face players of similar skill level in arena, not super high, not super low.

I would never have a problem losing to a better player! Because, if rating was reset I would expect to bump into a gladiator now and then. He would probably crush me, but I would at least see what fantastic stuff he did to do and feel like is was possible, not just being stomp by a combination of gear and skill.

My system actually gives Gladiators with high MMR even worse problems boosting than if they had low CR. And which makes high MMR boosters less likely to boost fast, as they earn less rating per win.

And that’s fair, only that arena is team play and not dueling. You’re getting destroyed by a team of a glad and a low skilled player who doesn’t know what he’s doing while his friend is doing all the work.

And just because you don’t mind doesn’t mean others don’t.

Let’s agree on that part for sure. Like League of Legends etc.

If we want to have gear progression and rating based gear based on the ranks you get I think my idea isn’t so bad. Not sure what case actually will suffer using this system, and I love discussing this btw. Sorry for all the typos.

But let’s use an example then, if you play against a team with a glad and a noob. 2500 CR and ilvl 230 and 0 rating 170 ilvl. They have 1650 MMR.
Now, this means Glad has ilvl 200 and teammate has 170 ilvl. If you played these guys at 1650 MMR and had 1650 CR you and your teammate would have 213 ilvl both and have a much higher chance of success as gear will make some difference on how much dmg he deals etc.
Today this Gladiator would have 230 ilvl and probably be able to solo both of you with the dmg boost.

I’m not exactly super skilled in English there is no need to apologize.

What I’m trying to say is low rating is not just about gear progression, it’s a learning curve. You’re allowed to make mistakes and learn from them. You and your partner are still growing as a team and figuring it out together. You should be able to take it slow and at your own pace, without worrying that a super skilled player will come and punish you immediately for every single error.

It’s how I see it at least, you’re free to disagree after all.

That wouldn’t solve the booster problem tho. These players win because they’re better players than you, not because they have +10 ilevel.

But why put the Glad at gear disadvantage? If he is scaled down to the according MMR he should be 213 ilvl too right? Why complicate things instead of just preventing him from joining low CR in the first place? It’s more logical and sensitive.

If he wants to play with his friends there’s always alts. Why should a 0 CR player join with a glad just because they’re friends? Arena is a competitive game it’s not friendship zone imo. There’s unrated PvP for that.

Not to mention the fact that the glad has to derank on purpose to join up with his friend, which is lame in the first place.

no thank you.

I get gear, I wanna use it now, if you want gear too, go and get it

you know i can work with this
the reason?
i had challenger achievement from 1600 rbg rating
dropped down to combatant due to bad teams
can only upgrade stuff i buy to 207
and only challenger item was my vault weapon

But you can still rank up again and upgrade the gear. Be more selective of your teams. Only join teams with proper rating/gear and voice chat.

I’ve mostly climbed because I was super picky with my teams.

PvP gearing is really good as it is atm, only some things have to be tweaked, like the booster phenomena.

nah half my games people didnt know how to play
and were leeching for vault(encouraging bot attitude)
i dont do voice there is no need

just waiting until we get confirmation for solo q for rated with its own mmr/cr
apart from LFG

I’m not saying gladiators should be at a disadvantage by default. My system is based on average CR between two players and this determines what ilvl they can use. MMR can vary here, and they will meet ppl at the same MMR, not same CR, like it is today. If they meet ppl at higher MMR it’s natural to think they also have CR close to their MMR, this is not the case when a player is boosting a teammate. Then the Combined CR can be very far from MMR. Do you understand?

1 Like

I understand your point. Could work, I guess. Not sure how effective that would be tbh in preventing boosting.

If a booster has to make a new character every time he wants to boost someone that will effectively reduce the number of boosters over all as they have to level/grind honor gear and everything. So if you lock them in high rating it is more effective than just scaling them down.