Trying to get into pet battling

Pet battling isnt at all what I was expecting. It feels incredibly binary even when doing PvE battles, you essentially require very specific predetermined teams and sequences to win, the entire system feels very stale

I really don’t understand what you mean.

My first guess, and it is only a guess, is that you tried looking up the “answers” to some PvE battles on the net, found some on Xu-Fu’s or Wowhead, and think that’s all there is?

I see you just did Lubbins, and you got the boost stone from it, which you seem to have used on something else? I’ll agree that Gnome, Ikky and Starlette are three solid pets to boost.

What happens with the strats on Xu-Fu’s is in some ways great, and in other ways terrible,

A small group of experts work out strats for each battle, carefully tweaking them to be reliable, and using if possible only the most commonly owned pets. Then other people come along, read the answers and use them. Some also bot the battles with scripting.

It’s great in that so many people are able to do the battles.

It’s terrible in that it completely removes the fun from doing them yourself. You accomplish nothing. You learn nothing.

Personally, I admit the only fun I get from battling these days is working out teams for Family Battler by myself. And that doesn’t last long each expansion.

But no, you very much don’t require “very specific predetermined teams and sequences to win”. Really really not. The strats you read are, as I say, chosen to be reliable and accessible. But they are not the only possible strats. I could do each one dozens or hundreds of different ways.

If you want to look up the answers in the back of the book and write them down, you can, but don’t go away thinking that’s the only way to do it.

3 Likes

Have to agree with Grainne it reads like you tried to figure out a fight, gave up because you couldn’t do it and then just Googled how to giving the perception there’s only one strategy for all fights.

PVE encounters will by default follow the same sequence every time which means once you solve it you can follow that strategy every time. You can try and figure out faster strategies if you think it’ll be a fight you’ll redo multiple times.

PVP is totally different to PVE and is fairly stale because changes made by the Devs team have made it like that. You can still have fun with the range of new pets added and new possible combinations plus fights don’t follow the same sequence every time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.