TTS for quest text

Any idea when Blizzard will allow using TTS to read quest text?

I really enjoy using TTS to read out the ‘creature say’ in older quests that have no voiceovers for quests, but I long for the day to use it for the quest blurb as well. Anyone else feel the same way?

TTS ftw!

This should help you

1 Like

Oh my god, you rock! I tried it and it works! This is exactly what i wanted and needed!

Of course, I would feel much better if Blizzard officially enabled this in their client. Addons are unreliable - blizzard keeps fiddling with their APIs all the time for some reason so older addons stop working, and the only reason I see for bliz not enabling this for quests is they probably have some other consideration apart from ‘if it’s technically possible’ - probably something about their game possibly being disliked by fresh new players because ‘instead of actual voice overs we get low quality text to speech’ and feel like having NO voiceover is better than having a low effort one, as a product on the market?

Sure hope the author of this addon keeps updating it, and Bliz doesn’t decide to nuke it from orbit for the aforementioned reasons.

What is your thought on the reason for Bliz not enabling it earlier?

1 Like

I’m very happy to hear that :blush:

1 Like

Could you read my edit of the comment please? I’d like to know your opinion on Bliz and not enabling TTS for quest texts - when it’s quite clearly very technically possible, as illustrated by that addon.

1 Like

That’s a really good point. Like you said, it shouldn’t be a technical issue. I haven’t tested the addon thoroughly, but I see no clear reason why it shouldn’t be working for all quest text. Either your reasoning is right or it’s something they plan to implement in the near future as the TTS we have now is still quite a new feature (patch 9.1) and every company keeps improving their accessibility features, which is great. I think if it’s obviously an accessibility option in the menu, it shouldn’t matter that it doesn’t meet the standards of other voiceovers in the game as any (new) player will know it’s an extra option to help people for whom it may be crucial.

My conclusion is that I suppose they will add it at some point as from marketing perspective it only makes you look better to offer this feature and if it’s correctly labeled I see no issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.