Turning Red - rogue fanfic

Hi everyone,

Hope I’m okay to post this.

I’m a long-time player that got into RP about three years ago and rediscovered the game in a whole new way. I liked it so much it inspired me to write my character’s backstory. Thing is, I got a bit carried away, and 120,000 words later, I had a novel!

After spending the past 2 years writing this fan fiction in my spare time, it’s finally finished today. It’s set around the time of the first war (but doesn’t really cover that, it’s kind of a unique storyline), it’s about a high elf that inadvertently commits a crime and finds herself in a dangerous gang war.

The trailer and blurb are below and there’s a free ebook up on Smashwords titled ‘Turning Red: The Chronicles of Phoenix Bloodheart’.

It’s all non-commercial fan fiction of course.

I did post a chapter from the book on here a while back, and received a nice mix of feedback, but it was on the old forums and I have since changed the server I play on, so my character name had to change.

If you’re interested I’d love to know what you think. It’s my first ever novel but I hope to write a sequel and some more original stuff in time.

Thanks!

Blurb: Rise of the Phoenix

Born in the enchanted elven kingdom of Quel’Thalas, Phoenix is unlike other high elves: she has never had an affinity for magic.

Raised by a prostitute, she quickly grows disillusioned by her mother’s profession and drug use, making her an anxious, quiet child. Her life is grey and going nowhere. But when Phoenix inadvertently commits a crime and her mother goes missing, fate threatens to turn her life into a living nightmare.

Homeless and alone, Phoenix gets caught up in a perilous gang war and is forced to adapt in order to survive. She takes a side, but is it the right one? Can her allies be trusted if they are keeping secrets from her? Can they turn this flawed, redheaded rogue into a formidable swordfighter and find her mother?

Aside from the many trials she will face on her journey, Phoenix must also do battle with the most dangerous and unstable entity she knows: her mind.

The book is on various free web browser platforms now like Archive of our Own, FanFiction[dot]Net, and there’s an ebook download on Smashwords. It’s called Turning Red: The Chronicles of Phoenix Bloodheart and is written by Dominic Sacco

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.