TW is for level 50 and above... Yet my friend can do it at level 33. How and why?

Greetings, friends!

As said in the title, the in-game calender says timewalking is available for characters level 50 and above. But somehow, my friend can queue for the wotlk timewalking dungeon finder on a character level 33. He has a character at level 39 that can do it too. Can someone explain how come he can do this and how it works? I really wanna be able to do it on my level 30 paladin :smiley:

Thanks in advance and sorry for potential grammar mistakes :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you can do TW when you reach the level of the content that’s being TW-ed.

1 Like

Sulfuric acid is correct - it should not be possible. I think your friend might be joining the dungeons normally as levelling dungeons and mistaking it for timewalking. This isn’t too surprising as levelling in WotLK and therefore getting WotLK levelling dungeons is also called Timewalking.

1 Like

I thought the same that he was simply joining random Lich King dungeon finder. But he streamed it for me and it was indeed TW dungeon finder. :thinking:

It isn’t. Last timewalking, the BC one, I went with a friend on our 60s and had two level 30 in our group. That lead me to the conclussion I could do it too on my alts - I can’t.
So there has to be an option with sync or something.

Solution:
Get a level 60 in your group. Let him queue for timewalking with you. Works. I could join on this character. Level 35.

I think they just changed it back to the original level requirements (or their post squish equivalents to be precise). So you should be able to do WotLK timewalking at levels 31+.

2 Likes

This is my understanding too but granted I’ve not done much TW levelling recently.

You just can’t pick up the quest until you cap.

1 Like

from what i found out when leveling this char you cant do tw in chromie time? only bfa leveling

So you want to timewalk while you timewalk? Are you crazy? Do you want reality to collapse on itself?

yes cos reasons

Timewalking inception!

Thanks for letting us know, I guess this kind of makes sense. So if you want to do TW you drop out of Chromie time so your level isn’t being adjusted.

1 Like

And if you do that while the Timewalking event in Cataclysm and it just happens you are able to enter the COT dungeon then you Timewalk while you Timewalk while you Timewalk.

I always found funny the fact there were COT dungeons in the Timewalk event which imply that you travel back in time while you are already traveling back on time.

1 Like

This is correct, lots of people were using them to level recently in my guild.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.